Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 15-01-2021, 11:53   #511
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

It's the old adage: If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Advertisement
Old 15-01-2021, 12:06   #512
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
It's the old adage: If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Back to Pace set-top boxes and 405 lines black and white VHF TVs, & US Robotics 256k modems, then..
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2021, 12:13   #513
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Back to Pace set-top boxes and 405 lines black and white VHF TVs, & US Robotics 256k modems, then..
Really miss my original Jerrold cable box. It had the added benefit if heating the whole house up too
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2021, 13:39   #514
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I wanted the 360 for it’s more modern UI, but the priority consideration is that it needs to have at least the same level of functionality as the V6.

I don’t mind not having things work the same way, that is often inevitable, but to not be able to distinguish the new content and whether you have seen it already for recording purposes is one big problem straight away. Now we hear you can’t bookmark Netflix shows...well, I know that may not be Virgin’s fault, but those two issues alone mean I’m staying with the V6s.

The concern I have is that VM may decide not to keep the V6s up to date with the new streamers that they add in the future. That would really hack me off!
Old 15-01-2021, 13:47   #515
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
That'll be Mr K's set up then...
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2021, 14:30   #516
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
That'll be Mr K's set up then...
Bit too modern for Dude111...
Old 15-01-2021, 14:46   #517
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Old Boy, VM will support V6s for as long as there is a significant number of customers with them (though some of it will be out of their hands). The support will then likely taper off as the numbers drop and also depending on the technical/monetary requirements. For example, there have been instances where certain technology changes have been brought about because the media suppliers, be that film studios, TV production companies or record labels have insisted on certain levels of protection for their content. As the levels change so too have the supported tech requirements for the end user.

If the systems that the V6 uses no longer provide the levels of protection required by the content companies, the app providers may be forced to withdraw their app(s) even though VM would still like them on their platform.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2021, 17:29   #518
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

As things currently stand I think I would be more likely to abandon Virgin TV and move to NowTV than migrate to the 360. I’m under contract for another year so hopefully Virgin will have improved things by then
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2021, 18:13   #519
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Some have said that a lot of these problems will be resolved with updates as VM put matters right, but if Netflix and others won’t allow any more search integration, that appears to be a barrier that is unlikely to be bridged.
Old 15-01-2021, 19:01   #520
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Some have said that a lot of these problems will be resolved with updates as VM put matters right, but if Netflix and others won’t allow any more search integration, that appears to be a barrier that is unlikely to be bridged.
Lets hope these problems will be resolved with updates because if they ain't some hard decisions might have to be made in time.
Old 15-01-2021, 20:44   #521
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
As things currently stand I think I would be more likely to abandon Virgin TV and move to NowTV than migrate to the 360. I’m under contract for another year so hopefully Virgin will have improved things by then

Hardly a like for like change - presumably you are aware that you cannot record anything through NowTV?
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2021, 20:48   #522
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

I cant fathom the response to the new setup (unless you lose recording space) as its a genuine improvement. who cares if you cant bookmark things from netflix, netflix has its own bookmarking functionality, it cant bookmark disney plus or rakuten either but we somehow manage.

whats better? its so much simpler and profiles are such a bonus. especially as you can switch profiles with a press of the button on the remote and it means i can switch my sports profile on in a quick press.

the screen that brings up what you were last watching is also great, come out of a movie or TV show you were watching and you can just click straight back into it from the menu that appears under saved. searching is awesome as well, was looking for the king of staten island today, a quick press of the voice button and it brings it up on the listing (next friday). the light up remote is a god send as well.

things i dont like, no key word watch list and cant reclaim deleted shows as i managed to remove a tipping point episode by accident and i got yelled at

I dunno, people wanting to switch to sky over netflix, weird stuff.
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2021, 21:08   #523
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post

The only thing that keeps me with Virgin is access to the football, and the BB, if I wasn't a football fan I'd probably just have the BB and I'd continue to use Netflix and Now TV for my shows.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2021, 22:29   #524
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
The glory days.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2021, 23:35   #525
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
The glory days.
Aye, lad - we had things then we don’t have now - diphtheria, rickets, polio, etc., etc..