Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | End of first year subsidised contract.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

End of first year subsidised contract.

Old 16-08-2019, 09:14   #1
Brunel
Chief Mechanical Engineer

Services: V.M. M. 125 November 6 2018. Finally connected.
Brunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the rough
End of first year subsidised contract.

I am approaching the end of my first year at a subsidised price. I have M100 +telephone line.

The price will increase (before the leaving threat) to £50:00 per month.

I notice that a business connection Voom Fibre 1 is not only faster but also cheaper. I do not need the telephone line.

The cost of Fibre 1 is £32:00 +VAT

1. Could I use this service? and what are the catches if any?

https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.u...and/#threeplus
Brunel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-08-2019, 20:48   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: End of first year subsidised contract.

I would look at the T&C's and see whether you have to actually be registered as a business (sole trader or otherwise) in order to be able to subscribe to a business service. The only downside I can think of is that business customers have you use a specific router which doesn't have as high a throughput as the shub. Before you decide anything I would give retentions a ring and tell them you want to cancel because you know your price is going to increase and see what deal they offer you.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 02:22   #3
ash45
cf.member

Services: Gig1
ash45 is an unknown quantity at this point

you don't need an actual business to have VMB i just put N/A as my business name and if i have to ring up i just tell them im not actually a business so my business name is N/A.
The router they use is a hitron based router that is pretty much identical to the SH3 hardware wise, If the hubs router functions don't suit you just stick it on modem mode and use your own router as you would on the residential,

I have not had any complaints with them service wise other than their online billing portal being a bit pans compared to the residential services
I had a direct debit fail recently an error on my part not theirs and the only way i could pay the bill was to ring them directly and do an over the phone card payment as once the direct debit failed they instantly stopped it instead of trying again a few days later like normally happens with direct debits

speeds always top notch 24/7

ash45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 08:26   #4
Brunel

Brunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the rough

Thanks, this info is very helpful.
Old 19-08-2019, 20:08   #5
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Just be careful as last I checked (A while ago), Business connections had different T&C's than residential - including things like Fair use, terms of use, etc.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 15:56   #6
Brunel

I contacted VMB and they sent me a rather convoluted price list.

DOWNLOAD SPEED 350Mbps,
INSTALLATION COST £50:00
STANDALONE PRICE £32.00 PCM
BUNDLE PRICE £42.00 PCM......?

Thanks for your time earlier, below is a guide to our pricing and our sim offerings, with our sims we offer a £5 discount per month on the broadband
and a free install (equivalent to £170 in savings) so although you might not need a sim to replace your main phone sims perhaps if could be used in a tablet for example?

Our 3gb sim is £7 per month, (12m contract 12x7=84 then subtract the £170 savings means you £86 better off, so with the discount it unlocks it pays for itself)!

Can anyone explain what BUNDLE PRICE refers to?

All prices exclude VAT
Old 22-08-2019, 23:24   #7
Brunel

These are the online pages that show the pricing structure.

Essential Business internet: https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.u...ness-internet/

Voom Fibre, no mention of install fee or SIM discount: https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.u...ness-internet/
Old 23-08-2019, 05:26   #8
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunel View Post
These are the online pages that show the pricing structure.

Essential Business internet: https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.u...ness-internet/

Voom Fibre, no mention of install fee or SIM discount: https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.u...ness-internet/
Both links are the same. Essential Business internet
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 08:52   #9
Brunel

OOPS! the other link should be: https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.u...ess-broadband/
Old 07-09-2019, 16:38   #10
Brunel

Not only, but also, I discovered the page for broadband only.

No Telephone line, no TV no Oomph!

V.A.T. inc.

Still more expensive than the equivalent business prices.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bro...broadband-only