Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Photo of the day

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Photo of the day

Old 27-07-2013, 00:37   #121
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Re: Photo of the day

Took last year, but a good shot of Old Trafford...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Salford Quays.jpg (997.4 KB, 22 views)
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-07-2013, 01:09   #122
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Cass Lake, Michigan

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0365.jpg (208.7 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0368.jpg (188.2 KB, 182 views)
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 12:57   #123
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I am re-posting these two photos that I took some time ago. Not because they any good but .................................................. .........................................
because they were two of my favorite places that have now, sadly, been lost to me.

The Willow Pool.

Hal's Haven.
Old 28-07-2013, 19:01   #124
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Spiegelrei canal Brugge, looking towards Jan van Eyck square. Taken during our honeymoon in 2011.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brugge.jpg (462.6 KB, 169 views)
Old 28-07-2013, 22:00   #125
idiosyncratic
Inactive

idiosyncratic is a splendid one to beholdidiosyncratic is a splendid one to beholdidiosyncratic is a splendid one to beholdidiosyncratic is a splendid one to beholdidiosyncratic is a splendid one to beholdidiosyncratic is a splendid one to beholdidiosyncratic is a splendid one to beholdidiosyncratic is a splendid one to beholdidiosyncratic is a splendid one to behold

This was on our willow tree, today, it is apparently a 'Puss Moth' caterpillar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg puss moth.jpg (82.5 KB, 32 views)
idiosyncratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 14:28   #126
joglynne
Born again teenager.

joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiosyncratic View Post
This was on our willow tree, today, it is apparently a 'Puss Moth' caterpillar.
WOW what an exotic looking creature!! The adult moth at 2cm is almost a let down.

Old 08-08-2013, 18:13   #127
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Just been out on my daily bike ride and this was coming through the Manchester ship canal locks at Latchford

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 18:26   #128
joglynne
Born again teenager.

I enjoy sitting watching the ships on the Manchester Ship Canal. You might be interested to read about the Ship you saw on its way up to Irlam to-day Sirius.

Coastal Deniz
Old 08-08-2013, 18:28   #129
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I enjoy sitting watching the ships on the Manchester Ship Canal. You might be interested to read about the Ship you saw on its way up to Irlam to-day Sirius.

Coastal Deniz

Many thanks

Old 22-08-2013, 20:21   #130
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

At the Dock Bar outside the BBC on Salford Quays.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130822_120803_HDR.jpg (959.7 KB, 25 views)
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 10:15   #131
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Went for a ride on my bike this morning and decided to follow the Manchester ship canal to the viaduct that carries the M6 over the canal. I found someone had gone out of there way to paint this on one of the bridge supports. See the photos attached.

It says "Harry Patch 1898 to 09 The Last Tommy RIP"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Patch

Old 29-08-2013, 15:12   #132
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Went for a ride on my bike this morning and decided to follow the Manchester ship canal to the viaduct that carries the M6 over the canal. I found someone had gone out of there way to paint this on one of the bridge supports. See the photos attached.

I love the idea of this urban memorial to one of our heroes. Let's hope that the powers that be clean off this graffiti in their normal 'slow to never' time scale.
Old 29-08-2013, 16:10   #133
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post

Made me want to listen to this again - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vztj_TnUQyY
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 21:17   #134
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Cass Lake, Michigan. Four shots stitched together with Microsoft's ICE

Attached Images
File Type: jpg cass_lake_stitch.jpg (55.1 KB, 142 views)
Old 11-09-2013, 22:14   #135
dave6x
Inactive

Services: VM BBL 3Mb> 10Mb> 20Mb> 30Mb> 50Mb> 70Mb
dave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
Cass Lake, Michigan. Four shots stitched together with Microsoft's ICE

Great panorama Cobby. I discovered ICE earlier this year and just can't believe how simple to use and effective it is, especially being a free offering from M$!
dave6x is offline   Reply With Quote