Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Photo of the day

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Photo of the day

Old 21-06-2013, 00:26   #46
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: Photo of the day

lift?

---------- Post added at 00:26 ---------- Previous post was at 00:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Correct! A very dark lift with 4 mirrored walls. It wasn't so much the photo I was after, it was to see the effect of the flash in an enclosed mirrored environment. It was dazzling
i accidentally deleted my post oh well I now know what you look like so I'll be passing the image over to Gary the stalker
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-06-2013, 00:34   #47
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
lift?

---------- Post added at 00:26 ---------- Previous post was at 00:21 ----------

i accidentally deleted my post oh well I now know what you look like so I'll be passing the image over to Gary the stalker
I'll take a photo of him if he comes near me
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 10:51   #48
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Now there's a bunch of 'em!

and another favourite............

Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 15:40   #49
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Here are another couple that I took (last year)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bus.jpg (197.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg street.jpg (59.1 KB, 18 views)
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 15:53   #50
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 11 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6x View Post
Took this photo through my kitchen window so not claiming the pic is good. But what I want to know is does anyone know what the other bird is with the Wood Pigeon at the bottom of my garden? When I first saw it I thought it was a Stock Dove, but realise it isn't, so could it be a Rock Dove or maybe just a dodgy pigeon cross?
It's a Collared Dove.
Old 21-06-2013, 17:48   #51
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Here are another couple that I took (last year)
How old do you think both are? I've not seen a street light like that since the early 80's when I'd visit my family in Liverpool.

I really love nostalgic photos.

---------- Post added at 17:48 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post

Not too clear as it was on my mobile but wrong use of "You're" I wonder how much he paid for that sign thingy?

Attachment 24653
Well spotted! You're local store
Old 21-06-2013, 17:51   #52
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Not too clear as it was on my mobile but wrong use of "You're" I wonder how much he paid for that sign thingy?

Attachment 24653
did you let the owner know?
Old 21-06-2013, 18:12   #53
thenry
Inactive

Old 21-06-2013, 18:16   #54
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
No. I left him in blissful ignorance and finished my pint. Photo taken from beer garden opposite.
This has gave me an idea for this thread. It's a guess where I am game. You submit a picture without any real recognisable landmarks and people need to work our where you are via some Google enquiries. There does need to be something in the picture that people can use to start their investigation. Think of it as a good form of stalking

I believe you enjoyed a pint below earlier today?

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Old 21-06-2013, 18:33   #55
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
This has gave me an idea for this thread. It's a guess where I am game. You submit a picture without any real recognisable landmarks and people need to work our where you are via some Google enquiries. There does need to be something in the picture that people can use to start their investigation. Think of it as a good form of stalking

I believe you enjoyed a pint below earlier today?

http://www.tobycarvery.co.uk/downlandsworthing/findus/

https://plus.google.com/104397190156...9/photos?hl=en
Old 21-06-2013, 19:01   #56
dave6x
Inactive

Services: VM BBL 3Mb> 10Mb> 20Mb> 30Mb> 50Mb> 70Mb
dave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
It's a Collared Dove.
Thanks for the reply, however Collared Doves are regular visitors to my garden and are a similar size to the bird in the photograph which is definitely not one of them having completely different colouring and markings.
dave6x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 19:07   #57
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Apparently this is a frilly tulip!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg frilly_tulip.jpg (351.9 KB, 102 views)
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 20:31   #58
Chad
cf.mega poster

Just spotted this delicious sounding product in my local store.

What could be better than random pieces of pig squashed together in a vacuum sealed bag
Old 21-06-2013, 21:00   #59
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Just spotted this delicious sounding product in my local store.

What could be better than random pieces of pig squashed together in a vacuum sealed bag
I picked one of those up to-day at Lidl. £1.62 for 1kg. Got it home and it contained perfect slices of smoked bacon. A tad on the thicker side than normal but we had a few slices for our evening meal with some cauliflower cheese and it was lovely.
Old 21-06-2013, 21:05   #60
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I picked one of those up to-day at Lidl. £1.62 for 1kg. Got it home and it contained perfect slices of smoked bacon. A tad on the thicker side than normal but we had a few slices for our evening meal with some cauliflower cheese and it was lovely.
The bag I picked up felt a bit lumpy. I assumed it might be good for making soup.