Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Cant Access CCleaner site

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Security & Virus Discussion

Bitdefender Total Security

Old 01-09-2021, 11:10   #1
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts
Bitdefender Total Security

Does anyone know of any links for discount codes for this piece of software please?

Thanks.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2021, 11:54   #2
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Bitdefender Total Security

https://www.bitdefender.de/media/htm...d=aff%7Cc%7CIR

This is a promo link to a 6 month trial. I just had to open it in edge to get it to recognise my input. Signed into Central and switched users on my account with 60 days left and it switched to the 180
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 21:35   #3
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
https://www.bitdefender.de/media/htm...d=aff%7Cc%7CIR

This is a promo link to a 6 month trial. I just had to open it in edge to get it to recognise my input. Signed into Central and switched users on my account with 60 days left and it switched to the 180
Cheers for this, nice to get another 6 month promo not had 1 for a while, clicking the link in Vivaldi worked fine, i love the fact we never need to make a new email to sign up so can create an email with many letters and just move the [.] each time, saves on faffing around, so im good for atleast 5 years now on that email.

alanbjames, you should use this rather than pay good money when you get the same thing for free.
Old 01-09-2021, 22:30   #4
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Cheers for this, nice to get another 6 month promo not had 1 for a while, clicking the link in Vivaldi worked fine, i love the fact we never need to make a new email to sign up so can create an email with many letters and just move the [.] each time, saves on faffing around, so im good for atleast 5 years now on that email.

alanbjames, you should use this rather than pay good money when you get the same thing for free.
Happy to pay . A couple of £ s a month is worth the extra . P s best offer l found at the time was a watered down version for 30 days .
Old 01-09-2021, 22:51   #5
alanbjames
R.I.P.

alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Ive just bought a licence.

5 Device licence for 1 year with a discount code for £19.99. Very happy with this.

It will cover my Laptop, PC, Phone and Tablet.
Old 01-09-2021, 23:51   #6
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Services: 1GB Volt, Telephone all Inclusive.
Corey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the rough

Well i uninstalled Kaspersky and installed Bit Defender upon this recommendation.

Now if We try and access our Gaydar account on gaydar.net Bit Defender throws up a false positive so i cant win there.

Gonna try 3rd option of Nod32.
Corey N Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 23:57   #7
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey N Georgie View Post
Well i uninstalled Kaspersky and installed Bit Defender upon this recommendation.

Now if We try and access our Gaydar account on gaydar.net Bit Defender throws up a false positive so i cant win there.

Gonna try 3rd option of Nod32.
when it throws up the warning just add it to exemptions

just for educational purposes I went to that website and BD did not complain. Could you have helper objects or something else that could be triggering it
Old 02-09-2021, 00:28   #8
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Corey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the rough

helper objects?
Old 02-09-2021, 00:34   #9
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
helper objects?
browser add ons
Old 02-09-2021, 01:16   #10
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
browser add ons
None that would cause false positives i don't think.
Old 18-10-2021, 09:41   #11
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

How can i stop Bit defender finding a "new" device which its scanned before and stop it rescanning on boot of the PC?
Old 18-10-2021, 10:19   #12
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
None that would cause false positives i don't think.
Course it could if it is trying to do something. If it was not something unique to your set up or it would do the same to me
Old 18-10-2021, 10:54   #13
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
How can i stop Bit defender finding a "new" device which its scanned before and stop it rescanning on boot of the PC?
Why bother with 'security' if you're going to stop it doing that?
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2021, 12:51   #14
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Why bother with 'security' if you're going to stop it doing that?
Why would u want it to scan and rescan the same thing over and over again?
Old 18-10-2021, 12:58   #15
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
Why would u want it to scan and rescan the same thing over and over again?
How does the PC know that nothing has been added (whether by the operator or a malicious program) since the last time it was inserted?

But I'm not fussed, you go ahead and disable the security features you paid for
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote