Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 14-05-2022, 20:43   #1261
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Sky need to develop a new streamer ????? They already have Now TV
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-05-2022, 21:21   #1262
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Sky need to develop a new streamer ????? They already have Now TV
I know, but there are better streamers out there. Have you actually tried to find stuff on your watchlist?

I think Sky could do quite well, actually, but they need to concentrate on quality. The Sky Atlantic stuff is rather good.
Old 14-05-2022, 21:27   #1263
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I know, but there are better streamers out there. Have you actually tried to find stuff on your watchlist?

I think Sky could do quite well, actually, but they need to concentrate on quality. The Sky Atlantic stuff is rather good.
Better to who you ?????

It offers me linear Sport , News decent selection of shows and movies so to me it gets more use than Netflix.

You seem to struggle with the fact everyone likes different things.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2022, 21:42   #1264
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Better to who you ?????

It offers me linear Sport , News decent selection of shows and movies so to me it gets more use than Netflix.

You seem to struggle with the fact everyone likes different things.
I’m not knocking the content. I was referring to the UI. No need to be aggressive!
Old 15-05-2022, 00:11   #1265
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
I'm not convinced that you are actually looking at what is happening on the ground. TV channels like Disney channels are rapidly disappearing and many more will follow. How do you explain that, having regard to your TV channel obsession?

Have you actually looked at the linear offerings recently? Hardly anything worth watching, unless of course, your standards are a lot lower than mine.

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

The evidence is what is happening right in front of your eyes.

I accept that you cannot see this.

---------- Post added at 18:50 ---------- Previous post was at 18:46 ----------

Disney+ is mainly kids' stuff but the Star brand is increasing content choice. It has a long way to go before adult content is at a sufficient level to attract adults. When they get there, they will give Netflix a run for their money. But they are not there yet.

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

Forget channels. Sky need to develop a new streamer and fill it with as many originals as they can put forward, supplemented by as much legacy stuff as they can muster.
I’m surprised that despite two quotes of the same post you didn’t manage a substantive response on either occasion.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2022, 13:54   #1266
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I’m surprised that despite two quotes of the same post you didn’t manage a substantive response on either occasion.
I didn’t think an explanation of my posts was necessary. What I stated was pure common sense. Content is going one way, and I have difficulty understanding why you would dispute that.
Old 15-05-2022, 14:18   #1267
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
I didn’t think an explanation of my posts was necessary. What I stated was pure common sense. Content is going one way, and I have difficulty understanding why you would dispute that.
Repeating the phrase “common sense” neither makes it common nor sense, and it’s definitely not a substitute for evidence.
Old 15-05-2022, 14:34   #1268
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Repeating the phrase “common sense” neither makes it common nor sense, and it’s definitely not a substitute for evidence.
My God, you are getting desperate to find anything to argue about these days, jfman!
Old 15-05-2022, 14:48   #1269
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
My God, you are getting desperate to find anything to argue about these days, jfman!
Not really, my position has always been clear throughout that the television market will sustain linear, on-demand, traditional broadcast and streaming for many years to come.

Your absolute opinion that there will be no linear channels and therefore no traditional broadcasts is no closer now than it was last year, or the year before that. If anything as the cost of living crisis squeezes streaming services will be increasingly seen as disposable.

Clutching to every minor channel closure here and there is irrelevant as nobody is making the claim that there will be hundreds of linear channels in the future. It's a straw man.
Old 15-05-2022, 14:51   #1270
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

SKY literally have 2 streaming services NOW and the upcoming SKY glass puc as a standalone. (3 if you include SKYGO)
I'm pretty sure they know a lot more than me and you about what they need to do.
Regarding NOWs ui i do agree it could be better.
Old 15-05-2022, 15:05   #1271
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
SKY literally have 2 streaming services NOW and the upcoming SKY glass puc as a standalone. (3 if you include SKYGO)
I'm pretty sure they know a lot more than me and you about what they need to do.
If they were ran by anyone else but Sky we'd have OB frothing at the mouth with excitement. All your big streamers in all in one place, etc.
Old 15-05-2022, 15:05   #1272
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

The biggest issue I have with Now streaming and Sky Atlantic is the very limited availability of the HBO series. Thirty days after the end of a season and it's gone. Not competitive with the other streaming services on price either - an extra £5 a month for HD is a rip off
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2022, 15:50   #1273
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
The biggest issue I have with Now streaming and Sky Atlantic is the very limited availability of the HBO series. Thirty days after the end of a season and it's gone. Not competitive with the other streaming services on price either - an extra £5 a month for HD is a rip off
That only really occurs now with some shows that launched during their original two pacts - unless the show has been moved to ‘library’ content any new show that launched from 2021 onwards goes straight to on demand after the catch up window such as The Nevers, Mare Of Easttown and Scenes From A Marriage…. They’ve also managed to snag long term rights to Euphoria and Succession which would normally be party to that revolving door which still applies to the likes of Barry and Righteous Gemstones (likely because Succession and Euphoria are the two biggest HBO shows right now so worth any extra outlay to keep them long term)
Phunkenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2022, 16:09   #1274
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
There also planning to launch Sky Showtime (Paramount, Sky and NBC Universal content) in over 20 European countries later this year)
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2022, 16:20   #1275
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
an extra £5 a month for HD is a rip off
HD should be standard these days, you shouldn't be having to pay a premium for it
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote