Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of Virgin Media customer service has been:
Excellent- I've never had any problems with them 249 18.91%
Generally OK 315 23.92%
Hit 'n' Miss - about 50/50 273 20.73%
Poor- they normally mess it up 239 18.15%
Awful - never had a useful phonecall to them 241 18.30%
Voters: 1317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2009, 10:36   #286
Riverdene
Inactive

Riverdene is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Had a fault with my Broadband. Tried all the obvious like cables, switching off power etc without success. Tried to contact Virgin service by phone - waited 30 minutes without success. Next time cut off. Time after that cut off. Fourth time waited 40 minutes without success. Then had a bright idea - phone the option that I wanted to leave Virgin. Got through straight away ! ! ! Explained to the young lady that I had a fault and unless it was fixed I would leave Virgin. Surprise, surprise, within ten minutes an engineer rang back and asked for my mac number. He agreed that I was not receiving a signal and booked in an engineer to sort ot the problem. The following day my broadband was up and runnning again. Phoned Virgin to tell them all was OK after waiting 20 minutes to get through. I spoke with a lady in India who I could barely understand to cancel the engineer coming. To sum up Virgin Broadband is excellent but their service scores -1000 out of 1000. It's by far the worst I have ever experienced not to mention 5 hours of my time.
Riverdene is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2009, 14:21   #287
daveetwo
Inactive

daveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nice
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Eurosport often seem to suddenly change programs without telling customers so,Given that its almost impossible to find a way to talk to eurosport themselves, i called virgin.
All i suggested was whether someone could call Eurosport and try to encourage them to at least tell customers whats going to happen to a cancelled program.
The Virgin reply was they could do nothing because they had no number for eurosport nor ever spoke to them.
Virgin simply bought packages and didnt speak to them.
Seems a wierd way to negotiate what i though were complex contracts.
daveetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 18:56   #288
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveetwo View Post
Eurosport often seem to suddenly change programs without telling customers so,Given that its almost impossible to find a way to talk to eurosport themselves, i called virgin.
All i suggested was whether someone could call Eurosport and try to encourage them to at least tell customers whats going to happen to a cancelled program.
The Virgin reply was they could do nothing because they had no number for eurosport nor ever spoke to them.
Virgin simply bought packages and didnt speak to them.
Seems a wierd way to negotiate what i though were complex contracts.
CSR's won't have numbers for Eurosport, but the business obviously does. We are not responsible for the output of the channels with regards to late changes etc. I would suggest contacting Eurosport via their webpage.

Click Me!

HTH
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 23:34   #289
daveetwo
Inactive

daveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
CSR's won't have numb ers for Eurosport, but the business obviously does. We are not responsible for the output of the channels with regards to late changes etc. I would suggest contacting Eurosport via their webpage.

Click Me!

HTH
I did realise that virgin have no control over the situation and made that clear in the first thing i said to them. Just dissappointed that there was no way virgin could at least let eurosport know that thier service was not as good as it could be.
Eurosport dont reply to customers who email them or try to contact them.
(By the way, being told that NO ONE at virgin ever talked to eurosport, even during contract negotiations, was taking me for a fool)
ps.The only contact points on the link are not for customers by the look of it. Careers, press, advertising, program licencing are the options.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:58   #290
sniperdude
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb XXL XL phone
sniperdude has a spectacular aura about themsniperdude has a spectacular aura about themsniperdude has a spectacular aura about themsniperdude has a spectacular aura about them

hit and miss
sniperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 16:13   #291
mundakudi
cf.member

mundakudi is an unknown quantity at this point

I am using Virgin 10 Mbps link and I have never had any problem.

I will recommend it to all friends and everyone.

Thanks
mundakudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 19:54   #292
Bigbelly
Inactive

Bigbelly is an unknown quantity at this point

New smart cards - what a joke

despite chasing ours for over three weeks after we were told we should have it , Virgin eventiually decide to send another

4 or 5 days later it arrives ~ installed ~ get the Congrats screen, then after 24 hours or so - cant record, Cant get V+ services, losing channels - cant stop / fwd or rewind -- and now down to basic freebie channels

Infact I get more on my freeview box in the spare bedroom.

OH - and a second card arrived 3 days later -- same thing

Now I apprecite that things go wrong, but why is there such a long wait for an engineer to visit to resolve it ? Could it be that Virgin are having so many problems that the engineers are over stretched ?

I am seriously thinking if I need the hastle and especially at the price, because it's not just the cost of teh Virgin, but the fortune on the phone to call them, and now having time off to let the engineer in ~ I can see why people use the streaming versions on the net

I dont measure a company by what they provide, but how they resolve issues when they go wrong and on a scale of 1 to 10, I give Virgin minus 8
One p***ed off punter !
Bigbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 20:03   #293
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbelly View Post
New smart cards - what a joke

despite chasing ours for over three weeks after we were told we should have it , Virgin eventiually decide to send another

4 or 5 days later it arrives ~ installed ~ get the Congrats screen, then after 24 hours or so - cant record, Cant get V+ services, losing channels - cant stop / fwd or rewind -- and now down to basic freebie channels

Infact I get more on my freeview box in the spare bedroom.

OH - and a second card arrived 3 days later -- same thing

Now I apprecite that things go wrong, but why is there such a long wait for an engineer to visit to resolve it ? Could it be that Virgin are having so many problems that the engineers are over stretched ?

I am seriously thinking if I need the hastle and especially at the price, because it's not just the cost of teh Virgin, but the fortune on the phone to call them, and now having time off to let the engineer in ~ I can see why people use the streaming versions on the net

I dont measure a company by what they provide, but how they resolve issues when they go wrong and on a scale of 1 to 10, I give Virgin minus 8
One p***ed off punter !
Sorry to hear you are having problems, the majority of customers have had no issues in regards to the card swap. You may have a faulty chip reader in the box that only came to light once the card was removed?

Hope it gets sorted soon for you.

to the forum BTW
Old 11-03-2010, 10:20   #294
RickySonic
Inactive

RickySonic is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdadyslexia View Post
Hi All

First time on here and all becouse of Virgin.

I am only a Virgin Media Broadband customer now, and it looks like I won't be for much longer.

I get india when phoning Technical Support for my Broadband the line reception is rubbish, and on one of the calls to try and solve a problem they disconnected me.

I will not be phoning up again, it is the worst Customer Support Centre that I know of, and to top it off they don't speak English or understand English.

If I need Technical Support again I may end up leaving them by canceling my subscription - yes it's that bad.

My connection Cuts off daily, Virgin Media have stopt me from using the proxy server, watt an NTL Technical Support gived me back in 2003, to help stop this problem from going on.

It is a known problem, well don Virgin Media.

---------- Post added at 09:20 ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 ----------

Look this thread is from 2007 and VM are still as crap as they were then.

I hate this company with a vengeance.

The two worst companies I have had the displeasure to deal with are without question Three Mobile – man they are seriously crap and VM – really poor service all round, with a technical support system which basically doesn’t work at all.

I would rate VM as being worse than the NHS – I know; but it is.

How the VM CEO keeps his job is a mystery to me!
RickySonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:16   #295
daveetwo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickySonic View Post

---------- Post added at 09:20 ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 ----------

Look this thread is from 2007 and VM are still as crap as they were then.

I hate this company with a vengeance.

The two worst companies I have had the displeasure to deal with are without question Three Mobile – man they are seriously crap and VM – really poor service all round, with a technical support system which basically doesn’t work at all.

I would rate VM as being worse than the NHS – I know; but it is.

How the VM CEO keeps his job is a mystery to me!
There is another way for customer support rather than the phone.
For another week or so virgin media has news support group.
Its soon to be replaced by a help and support forum here:
http://community.virginmedia.com/
At a certain date the staff manning the newsgroups are moving to the help forums.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:05   #296
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
At a certain date the staff manning the newsgroups are moving to the help forums.
22nd March is the official date for Support on the forum
Old 11-03-2010, 14:17   #297
RickySonic
Inactive

RickySonic is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Cool - I'll give it a go. Thanks.
RickySonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:51   #298
FractalFragger
Inactive

Services: All
FractalFragger is an unknown quantity at this point

well im a staff member and tbh the card swap has been nothing but hassle all we get is unactivated cards and lost in post WTF is going like sort it out!!!
FractalFragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 18:19   #299
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki

Customer services at Virgin are as much use as a chocolate fire guard, if they are not lying to you then they are telling you the wrong information and calling back up later to correct their mistakes.

I took the step a while ago of recording every conversation with Virgin Media as I was so sick of the lies, obviously I inform them of this before we start and most of them are happy to be recorded and give me things like their name and such for my own records but every now and then you get asked to redial and try again.

I admit that I can't play the calls back to anyone on the Virgin side even if they lied to me but at least I have names to trace their lies when contacting the complaints section. Even then though if you do complain and get contacted by someone from the head office they turn out to be the biggest liars under the sun.

They have some major problems at the company
Hiroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:15   #300
brendar7639
Permanently Banned

brendar7639 is an unknown quantity at this point

What's up everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey. Hopefully I posted this in the right section!
brendar7639 is offline   Reply With Quote