Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Unable to register a My Virgin Media account

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Unable to register a My Virgin Media account

Old 13-05-2022, 11:31   #1
Paul LFC
cf.member

Paul LFC is an unknown quantity at this point
Unable to register a My Virgin Media account

Hi all,

I wasn't really sure if this was best in the installation or billing forum, but I guess it's part of the installation of a package (or should be) so I think it fits here.

I recently re-joined VM on the Ultimate Volt package. I went to register a My Virgin Media account via https://my.virginmedia.com/create-profile/register, but I just receive a message stating "Now you've left us, you can no longer register for My Virgin Media" (the fact this is all it says, with no further help or option to do anything about it, isn't great really).

I did have a VM account with that email a few years ago, so I assume that's the cause. However, I first encountered the error message a couple of weeks ago, and so far I've been unable to get it resolved since and register an account.

I posted on the VM forums and was PM'd by a representative who said they would contact me when it was fixed. That was nearly two weeks ago and I've heard nothing yet. I then tried ringing VM and was told they'd logged it and it should soon be fixed - that was a few days ago and nothing appears to have changed yet.

Has anyone experienced this issue and managed to get it resolved? If so, what did you do to fix it please? I would like to register my account so that I can activate the included Netflix and track my bills online.

Thanks,
Paul
Paul LFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-05-2022, 22:13   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Unable to register a My Virgin Media account

The best bet is the forums because they are english and understand exactly what the problem is. I would pm the person back who sent the original message and politely ask for an update. If you can't do that put the message in the thread as a new post/update. I would have thought they should have been able to fix it immediately. They either reactivate/enable the old account so it is fully functional or they give you the details for the presumably new account they have set up for you. They want you to do everything (billings, upgrades, self service etc) through My Virgin Media these days so it is pathetic that they are tying your hands.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2022, 00:32   #3
Paul LFC
cf.member

Thanks, I'm going to PM the person who contacted me on the VM forum on Monday and see if they can escalate it.

Someone else posted in my thread there saying they had the same issue; they were contacted and had it resolved the same day, so I don't know why it's taking so long to resolve for my account. As you said, it should surely be a quick change.

If it's still an issue after next week, I'll try asking for a discount since I can't access TV Go or Netflix. I'm sure they'll fix it quickly once a potential discount is the alternative!
Old 14-05-2022, 00:45   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Yeah, it is just a question of getting through to the right person who can whack a couple of keys on a keyboard.
Old 15-05-2022, 19:02   #5
Paul LFC
cf.member

I received a call from a VM technician today - they ran into the same error trying to register my account, advised me to use a different email address for now. While that worked, we then ran into another issue with setting a password. Despite both me and the technician trying passwords that met VM's strange criteria (between 8 and 10 characters only?), the site just advised that I "can't use that password" no matter what was entered. So the technician has logged this and told me to await a further update.

Also, the brand new 360 box's hard drive failed today after just 6 days, so an engineer is coming round tomorrow to replace it. Hopefully things run more smoothly after those issues are sorted!
Old 15-05-2022, 19:18   #6
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul LFC View Post
Also, the brand new 360 box's hard drive failed today after just 6 days, so an engineer is coming round tomorrow to replace it. Hopefully things run more smoothly after those issues are sorted!
nice, glad to see things are moving forward. I would mention the password problem to the guy who comes out tomorrow and play dumb and ask him if he has heard of the problem before and if he can do anything about. He might know someone in a different team he can ring to have a look at it for you.

If you can I would try it again tomorrow. It sounds stupid but with it being a new account you might find there is something weird that needs to happen overnight for it to register a new email address/update/sort itself out.

Last edited by General Maximus; 15-05-2022 at 20:42. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 15-05-2022, 19:29   #7
Paul LFC
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
nice, glad to see things are moving forward. I would mention the password problem to the guy who comes out tomorrow and play dumb and ask him if he has heard of the problem before and if he can do anything about. He might know someone in a different team he can ring to have a look at it for you.

If you can I would try it again tomorrow. It sounds stupid but with it being a new account you might find their is something weird that needs to happen overnight for it to register a new email address/update/sort itself out.
Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow!