Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Virgin Media cabinets in the street

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

The Virgin Media cabinets in the street

Old 19-07-2008, 20:13   #76
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
Re: The Virgin Media cabinets in the street

Get one of those mosquito alarms to deter the kids from hanging around :p

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-07-2008, 13:49   #77
RUSTY
Inactive

Services: ntl 10Mg broadband, ntl XL samsung TV drive V+ talk unlimited RF Mod powered scart Tivo HTC Desir
RUSTY is on a distinguished roadRUSTY is on a distinguished road

I have heard that spray grease on top of the cab works well, available in clear or black, it would be wrong for anyone to use this of course.
RUSTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 14:05   #78
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
Re the kids, maybe what you should do is dump a load of those chicken pellets through the parents letterboxes.

Either that, or get a pellet gun. Once a few of them hear the shots and the pellets hitting near their feet, they'll soon find somewhere else to go.
That sounds dangerous to me.What if the op is a rotten shot..and hits someone in the eye?

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
Get one of those mosquito alarms to deter the kids from hanging around :p
The OP says he has children of his own and so wouldn't want one of those.
Old 20-07-2008, 16:30   #79
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
That sounds dangerous to me.What if the op is a rotten shot..and hits someone in the eye?

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

The OP says he has children of his own and so wouldn't want one of those.
Just for a moment I misread your post to mean OP + old age pensioner and had a fleeting vision of gangs of OAPs hiding behind the cabinets and firing chicken po pellets at poor unsuspecting youngsters.
Old 20-07-2008, 16:47   #80
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Just for a moment I misread your post to mean OP + old age pensioner and had a fleeting vision of gangs of OAPs hiding behind the cabinets and firing chicken po pellets at poor unsuspecting youngsters.
Now you have me thinking of Monty Python's Hells Grannies....
Old 20-07-2008, 20:27   #81
MOVE THE BUGGERS
Inactive

MOVE THE BUGGERS is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtarget View Post
how do we get these removed?
it is blocking my driveway and i can only park 1 car when i should be able to easily park 2 cars in there

I have one slap bang in the middle of my driveway also so i have to park one car on the road,which annoys me as ive just spent good money re-laying the driveway.The box was already there when i purchased the house 7 years ago,i have emailed and sent letters to virgin but have had no response.
I also have kids sitting on these and doing graffiti on them, but my real bug is not being able to park.Does anyone have any phone numbers i could use? Also ,paying to have them removed has also been mentioned,anyone know how much?
Thanks.
MOVE THE BUGGERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 20:42   #82
xspeedyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOVE THE BUGGERS View Post
I have one slap bang in the middle of my driveway also so i have to park one car on the road,which annoys me as ive just spent good money re-laying the driveway.The box was already there when i purchased the house 7 years ago,i have emailed and sent letters to virgin but have had no response.
I also have kids sitting on these and doing graffiti on them, but my real bug is not being able to park.Does anyone have any phone numbers i could use? Also ,paying to have them removed has also been mentioned,anyone know how much?
Thanks.
it will cost thousands to move the cab
Old 20-07-2008, 20:47   #83
whydoIneedatech

Services: VIRGIN MEDIA , 20 Mb BB, V+ Box, XL Phone and 2 Virgin Mobiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOVE THE BUGGERS View Post
Thanks.
If the cabinet was already there and it was not blocking the original driveway entrance or dropped kerb, and you have just made the opening wider to accommodate a second vehicle being able to park alongside, then I doubt you would have much of a case over getting the cabinet moved.
Old 20-07-2008, 22:03   #84
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: The Virgin Media cabinets in the street

The cost of moving the box depends on what work needs to be done and what type of box it is
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 11:57   #85
mr,m
Inactive

Services: VM XL V+ TV 10MBIT BB VM PHONE
mr,m is just really nicemr,m is just really nicemr,m is just really nicemr,m is just really nicemr,m is just really nicemr,m is just really nice

Kids today are generally a total pain in the backside.Whatever anyone does they seem hell bent on wrecking things and causing ppl problems.Relocating boxes aint the answer,a good old clip round the head would get rid of them.Funny how they don't congregate outside their own homes aint it!!
mr,m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 12:10   #86
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

I can tell that you watch supernanny
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 12:41   #87
PeteTheMusicGuy
Inactive

Services: VM M BB, VM XL TV and M Phone
PeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PeteTheMusicGuy Send a message via Yahoo to PeteTheMusicGuy

At the bottom of my mates street there is a VM cab. The kids have broken into it a few times.

The local community watch is now involved and when the kids are causing trouble somone phones them and the kids get moved.

PeteTheMusicGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 13:46   #88
mentalis
cf.geek

Services: | Freeview | VirginTV XL with TiVo | BB L | Phone M |
mentalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nice

My cab seems okay; kids use it as a seat and love swinging their legs against it, making as much noise as possible. Can it be replaced with one made of concrete...?
mentalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2008, 23:11   #89
DC_FC79
Inactive

Services: virgin media XL tv with Tivo 500Gb, L phone and 30mb internet, sky sports collection plus extra V+ b
DC_FC79 is an unknown quantity at this point

We'd be better off chaining the blighters to a desk where they could get an education and learn to be civil towards other people an dthen set em free when they're at a certain age
DC_FC79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2008, 12:56   #90
Kellargh
Inactive

Services: BT internet, TalkTalk telephone, Sky HD.
Kellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really nice

Let's get a Virgin Media police officer on the go! Red truncheon and all
Kellargh is offline   Reply With Quote