Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Game of Thrones

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Game of Thrones

Old 24-01-2020, 10:06   #286
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Game of Thrones

Its looks like it will be at least until 2022 till we see the next dollop of Game of Thrones.

https://www.gamespot.com/gallery/hou...l/2900-3356/7/
Old 24-01-2020, 19:18   #287
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Its looks like it will be at least until 2022 till we see the next dollop of Game of Thrones.

https://www.gamespot.com/gallery/hou...l/2900-3356/7/
Over it.
Old 24-01-2020, 19:52   #288
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Its looks like it will be at least until 2022 till we see the next dollop of Game of Thrones
Disappointing but not surprising given that they are starting from scratch again. I am surprised 2022 though, I would have thought summer 2021 would have been more realistic. I can only think they want to spend this year doing all the pre-production work for the entire season, film it next year and then release it mid-2022.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2020, 02:00   #289
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

GOT ended disappointingly, but I will give the new one a go when it comes out.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2020, 06:35   #290
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
GOT ended disappointingly, but I will give the new one a go when it comes out.
Is it not set 300 years before so there will be a complete new set of characters to get use to.
Old 27-01-2020, 16:22   #291
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Is it not set 300 years before so there will be a complete new set of characters to get use to.
Pretty much, yes.

Old 01-02-2020, 12:49   #292
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

There should have been a Hound spin off, he’s the only character we didn’t get enough of.
Old 01-02-2020, 13:22   #293
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Yeah its a pity we did not see more of him as he was one of the more interesting characters.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:29   #294
Eastendersfan
cf.member

Eastendersfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys, I have only watched 2 episodes of GOT however I found it hard going. Is it easy to get into or is it a bit difficult to get into at first. What are your recollections of the first season of the show?
Eastendersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:43   #295
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastendersfan View Post
Guys, I have only watched 2 episodes of GOT however I found it hard going. Is it easy to get into or is it a bit difficult to get into at first. What are your recollections of the first season of the show?
No l found it quite easy to get into although l am a big fan of fantasy when it is done right.

This is the basis of what it is all about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_Thrones

Quote:
Set on the fictional continents of Westeros and Essos, Game of Thrones has several plots and a large ensemble cast and follows several story arcs. One arc is about the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms and follows a web of alliances and conflicts among the noble dynasties either vying to claim the throne or fighting for independence from it. Another focuses on the last descendant of the realm's deposed ruling dynasty, who has been exiled and is plotting a return to the throne, while another story arc follows the Night's Watch, a brotherhood defending the realm against the fierce peoples and legendary creatures of the North.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:53   #296
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

It takes a couple of episodes to work out who is who, what is going on, the different locations and where they are geographically. You start off in three principle locations; Kingslanding, Winterfell and Pentos. In order to understand the significance of where people are and the lapse in time (in the first episode the queen complains that it has taken them 4 months to get from Kingslanding to Winterfell) you should pay careful attention to the map in the opening credits. The map grows in detail as new locations are mentioned throughout the episodes.

GoT is one of the best series ever made and is defo worth watching. I mean this in the nicest possible way so don't take it the wrong way. You seem to be an ardent fan of soaps and I have spoken to many many people I work with who watch things like EastEnders and Coronations Street religiously and stuff like GoT and Star Trek blows their mind. I hope for your sake that you enjoy it and can get into it and if you do I strongly suggest you embrace your new found quality tv and expand your horizons to other series which you may have overlooked in the past and if time is a factor then ditch the soaps.

I can't even begin to compare or contrast Coronation Street with GoT and try and explain how much better it is, and I don't want to tbh. When you get into GoT it is like jumping into another world. The production quality is the best there has ever been in the world (literally), the story and characters are amazing. The thing I will say by way of a comparison is that both series are an ensemble cast but you will quickly realise in GoT that every character is fully fledged and matters. It doesn't matter how much screen time they have or whether they are a goody or a bady, you love all of them because they enrich the story and series and matter.

My words and hollow and I appreciate they mean absolutely nothing. GoT is quite literally something you have got to experience and see to believe. The good thing for you is that it is a blessing in disguise. Not only have you got the luxury of the series having ended and being able to watch all eight seasons at your leisure, you are potentially at home as party of the lockdown and there is nothing stopping you from indulging and ploughing through them one season a day Watch the first season and come back and let us know what you think. I'll be amazed if you aren't hooked. If you like it maybe you can start a petition to have it placed in Coronation Street's regular evening slot
Old 06-05-2020, 12:13   #297
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Also, Emilia Clarke.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 12:49   #298
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Also, Emilia Clarke.
+1
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 12:54   #299
General Maximus
Ran Away

Boooooooooooobs!
Old 06-05-2020, 15:42   #300
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Also, Emilia Clarke.