Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Election 2019 - Week 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Election 2019 - Week 4
View Poll Results: Your voting intention at this stage of the campaign
Labour 11 25.58%
Conservative 19 44.19%
Liberal Democrat 3 6.98%
UKIP 0 0%
Brexit 3 6.98%
Green 0 0%
Change UK 0 0%
Plaid Cymru 0 0%
SNP 1 2.33%
Irish Nationalist 1 2.33%
Irish unionist 0 0%
Other 1 2.33%
Abstaining 2 4.65%
Ineligible 0 0%
Undecided 2 4.65%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 21:38   #91
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Election 2019 - Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
No, and moderator instructions are in bold.

However if people continue to lie there's a high chance the discussion will continue needlessly, and go around circular points. Are you advocating forum members misleading the forum?

An astonishing stance to take, frankly.
You are rather liberal with your accusation that people are liars.
You may not agree with their interpretation but that doesn't meean they are lying. Again, you disappoint me.

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

Quote:
I don't care for his caveats or other add-ons. Boris chose to push for an election - indeed despite the Withdrawal Agreement Bill passing second reading.

It was a choice of this Government, and this alone, to push for an election. It introduced, and voted for, the legislation to facilitate it.
Er - Parliament as a whole voted for the general election by 438/20.

My advice is at your risk.
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2019, 21:41   #92
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
You are rather liberal with your accusation that people are liars.
You may not agree with their interpretation but that doesn't meean they are lying. Again, you disappoint me.
It's a tangible fact that the Government abandoned it's "bold legislative agenda" as outlined in the Queen's Speech.

Parliament didn't block the Speech itself or any hypothetical legislation on crime.

Each issue, I'm sure, would have been considered on merit by our esteemed Parliamentarians.

---------- Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

Quote:

Er - Parliament as a whole voted for the general election by 438/20.[/COLOR]
Parliament as a whole did indeed vote on it, although had the Government whipped against it would have lost. The Government introduced and voted for legislation to abandon its agenda.

None of this adds up to Parliament doing anything with legislation on crime against the will of the Government. Or "blocking".
Old 01-12-2019, 21:43   #93
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
It's a tangible fact that the Government abandoned it's "bold legislative agenda" as outlined in the Queen's Speech.

Parliament didn't block the Speech itself or any hypothetical legislation on crime.

Each issue, I'm sure, would have been considered on merit by our esteemed Parliamentarians.

---------- Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

Parliament as a whole did indeed vote on it, although had the Government whipped against it would have lost. The Government introduced and voted for legislation to abandon its agenda.

None of this adds up to Parliament doing anything with legislation on crime against the will of the Government. Or "blocking".
You're wriggling. Poor show.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 01-12-2019, 21:51   #94
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
You're wriggling. Poor show.
I'm not wriggling. I've maintained the Government introduced and voted for legislation to facilitate the early election as an alternative to pursuing its own agenda. At no point had Parliament the opportunity to vote against, or block, a crime bill. This is absolute fact.

Even nomadking conceded that I hadn't made any other points on this matter.
Old 01-12-2019, 22:42   #95
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

When did Boris say that Parliament voted against the Queen's speech? He used the term "blocked", which is correct.
Old 01-12-2019, 22:47   #96
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
When did Boris say that Parliament voted against the Queen's speech? He used the term "blocked", which is correct.
It’s not. He made the choice to bring down his own Government rather than pursue the legislative agenda announced just two weeks earlier.

Had he lost a vote of no confidence I’d maybe, maybe, agree. However I cannot looking objectively at the facts in front of me.
Old 01-12-2019, 23:33   #97
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Well having read this entire thread I'm no wiser.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:45   #98
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
Well having read this entire thread I'm no wiser.
Me neither . . . I do feel 200 years older though
Old 02-12-2019, 10:38   #99
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
No, and moderator instructions are in bold.

However if people continue to lie there's a high chance the discussion will continue needlessly, and go around circular points. Are you advocating forum members misleading the forum?

An astonishing stance to take, frankly.
No they are not always. It is not forum policy to bold them, team members bold instructions, to ensure instructions are seen. But instructions don’t have to be in bold.

I saw your post, you have zero authority to tell anyone on here what they should post.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:38   #100
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
No they are not always. It is not forum policy to bold them, team members bold instructions, to ensure instructions are seen. But instructions don’t have to be in bold.

I saw your post, you have zero authority to tell anyone on here what they should post.
I didn’t claim such authority, just pointed out the futility of making statements that are demonstrably false. Next time I’ll prefix wit “please” or “could you” if that makes it clear for everyone.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:14   #101
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I didn’t claim such authority, just pointed out the futility of making statements that are demonstrably false.* Next time I’ll prefix wit “please” or “could you” if that makes it clear for everyone.
There will not be a next time. You will do no such thing or make any requests to any members regardless.

* They are your opinions that YOU believe to be true, just because you say they are does not make it so. Sure, challenge people on what they say, but demand their silence because you don't agree with their point of view, that is a no no.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:20   #102
jfman
Architect of Ideas

So we get circular arguments. Lies. Truth. Lies. Truth. Round and round we go. Does anyone believe that’s genuinely helpful? Nomadking himself conceded that he was arguing with a point I wasn’t actually making.

I think if we’re all being honest here if I was in the other side of the Brexit debate or a Tory systematically dissecting the remain/Labour arguments nobody would bat an eye. However clearly some in the thread have taken to playing the man and not the ball.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:24   #103
Mick
Cable Forum Team

This is not open to debate, do as you are instructed.
Old 02-12-2019, 18:18   #104
jfman
Architect of Ideas

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/i...st-jc-1.493698

One has to wonder who is feeding the Jewish Chronicle such false information, and why?
Old 02-12-2019, 20:34   #105
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9223846.html
Quote:
Google has banned eight different adverts paid for by the Conservatives over the last month because they broke its rules, The Independent can reveal.

The move by the search giant comes amid mounting concerns about the Tories’ use of disinformation and fake news as campaigning tools at the general election.
What a low life party. All sponsored by Putin no doubt.
Closed Thread