Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 24-08-2015, 09:44   #1276
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Thanks,

I have tried that fix although after using the fixit button to uninstall Silverlight when I attempt to reinstall it I get a warning that I am using a browser that may not be compatible with Silverlight even though I am using the Edge browser. Installed it anyway and will see if the error warnings disappear.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-08-2015, 09:51   #1277
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublue View Post
Updated last week to Windows 10 Home,thought everything was ok until I noticed my download speed.It should be 160mb but I'm only getting 20.After upgrade from 8.1 to 10,alls ok until I reboot after the install,that's when the speed drops.

Just got off the phone with CS,and they're blaming Windows 10,which I do as well.Anyone else have this problem,it can't just be me can it?If it can't be sorted soon,I will have to drop back to 8.1.
That happened to me a couple of weeks ago before I upgraded to Win 10. In my case it is related to using a VPN. No VPN - Ok, with VPN not Ok, ulpoad can be higher than download.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2015, 10:08   #1278
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Funny how after MS introduce a new flavour of OS how every CS you contact about your issues blames the latest upgrade/OS...even though they have probably been given every chance to get to know about the new introduction of a new OS.
Old 24-08-2015, 16:55   #1279
trublue
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt
trublue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcimedes View Post
It could be useful to drop back and see if that makes a difference. Do you have anything else you can check the speed with? Are you using the superhub in router or modem mode? If in router mode it would be useful to change to modem mode and see if you have the same problems.
Thanks for the reply.Dropping back to 8.1 will solve the problem.Running the SH in router mode,can't try modem mode as I haven't got a my own router.Going to try a clean install,don't think it will make a difference,but worth a try.
trublue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2015, 17:39   #1280
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublue View Post
Thanks for the reply.Dropping back to 8.1 will solve the problem.Running the SH in router mode,can't try modem mode as I haven't got a my own router.Going to try a clean install,don't think it will make a difference,but worth a try.
You can still try modem mode. All you do is connect the PC to one of the ports. The only active port will be one of them ones at either end of the row of, most likely the one nearest to where the coax is attached.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2015, 19:45   #1281
trublue
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt
trublue is an unknown quantity at this point

No good,putting SH into modem mode made me lose internet access.Had to call CS to reset hub.

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:13 ----------

Update,just done a clean install and everything is fine.I wonder what it was?
trublue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2015, 12:15   #1282
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Can anyone tell me when they had their last update for windows 10? My last update occurred 21st and it was an AMD R9 Driver update.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2015, 12:54   #1283
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
Can anyone tell me when they had their last update for windows 10? My last update occurred 21st and it was an AMD R9 Driver update.
No updates since then for me. Not even this new Insider build 10525 which I thought was rolled out to all Insiders, but hey ho!
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2015, 15:11   #1284
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

After removing Netgear WNDA3200 smart wizard and its associates which would be drivers for the said Netgear usb adapter TCP/IP stack coudn't bind any other adapters/cards/ethernet port. I had to restore to a previous working known date to restore functionality. I then removed the WNDA3200 drivers from device manager without problem but the program still remains and cannot be removed because the programs uninstaller has lost its path, moron!
I did ask if there were updates!!!! http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...l#post35793608
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2015, 16:29   #1285
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Gabriel Aul retweeted

Yusuf Mehdi ‏@yusuf_i_mehdi · 2h2 hours ago
1. #Windows10: More than 75 million devices running Windows 10 – and growing every day. 1/10

75 million and growing
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2015, 18:09   #1286
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
No updates since the 20th which was a failed defender update
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2015, 10:04   #1287
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Edge browser has stopped remembering passwords.

Not for every site, CF is fine for instance but several work related sites. It asks if I want to remember the password, depending upon which site it is I click yes but when I try to login on to the same site later I have to re enter username/password.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2015, 12:18   #1288
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post

Not for every site, CF is fine for instance but several work related sites. It asks if I want to remember the password, depending upon which site it is I click yes but when I try to login on to the same site later I have to re enter username/password.
Yep mine has selected memory issues to.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2015, 12:29   #1289
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post

have you tried clearing browsing data to see if it will then save them
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2015, 17:57   #1290
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Finally, I have installed W10 after weeks of frustration. To do this I removed or disconnected all additional drives, system cards, all unnecessary drivers and uninstalled F-Secure, Spyhunter, Acronis, tuneuputilities and disk keeper.

Everything has been replaced and restored with updates.

I'm pretty pleased. The system is running much more crisply than with Windows 7.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote