Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Coronavirus

Old 01-12-2021, 18:52   #31
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
And given them a “not wear a mask” option, penalty free, if they so choose.

They can’t. If approached by a policeman, you simply say I am exempt as it gives me anxiety - and that is it, conversation over the police cannot do anything.

Scientists in agreement? You sure about that? Some are some aren’t.

But in regards to measures, it is the government where the buck stops.
I think the majority of scientists are in agreement like i said.

And if people choose not to wear a mask where you're legally required to because they're 'making a protest' then fair enough, but they should at least have the balls to admit why they're doing it rather than lie and say it's due to a medical issue.

Principles it would appear, only extend to individuals until there's a financial implication.
Old 01-12-2021, 22:02   #32
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
if people choose not to wear a mask where you're legally required to because they're 'making a protest'
Maybe they just don’t want to wear one?

Quote:
but they should at least have the balls to admit why they're doing it rather than lie and say it's due to a medical issue.
I don’t see why?

Quote:
Principles
If there were any principles mask mandates wouldn’t have been reintroduced.
Old 01-12-2021, 22:13   #33
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Maybe they just don’t want to wear one?

I don’t see why?

If there were any principles mask mandates wouldn’t have been reintroduced.
We all have to do things we might not want to in life. It is all part of being in a society where there are others to think about instead of yourself. Far too many selfish people out there
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 22:16   #34
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
We all have to do things we might not want to it life. It is all part of being in a society where there are others to think about instead of yourself. Far too many selfish people out there
I think this concept will be lost on him I'm afraid.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 22:21   #35
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
still worth airing
Old 01-12-2021, 22:23   #36
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
We all have to do things we might not want to in life. It is all part of being in a society where there are others to think about instead of yourself. Far too many selfish people out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Do as you’re told, even when you can see the rules don’t make sense, are not based on evidence and are just an edict from the government.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E45C999F-8A66-4054-86A7-B749A48FD2B6.jpeg (141.8 KB, 15 views)
Old 01-12-2021, 22:26   #37
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Do as you’re told, even when you can see the rules don’t make sense, are not based on evidence and are just an edict from the government.
Plenty of evidence masks work.
You just want your own way. Something else we all want but some will stamp their feet and cry if someone tells them they have to do different

Yeah cuz we just lost a war had our economy crippled by the enemy forcing us to pay massive reparations and we have a charismatic leader who we trust so we follow him

See the blatant differences between the 1930s and now????
Old 01-12-2021, 22:36   #38
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Plenty of evidence masks work.
I didn’t say they didn’t - well some masks work - but yes, I’m all for masks when evidenced they are required

Quote:
You just want your own way. Something else we all want but some will stamp their feet and cry if someone tells them they have to do different
No just don’t think I should do something that is plainly illogical because I’m told to do it.

Quote:
Yeah cuz we just lost a war
the attachment was before the war in nazi Germany

Quote:
had our economy crippled by the enemy forcing us to pay massive reparations and we have a charismatic leader who we trust so we follow him

See the blatant differences between the 1930s and now????
Go and read, then we’ll talk.
Old 01-12-2021, 22:36   #39
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
The rules do make sense its just the muppets who don't give a toss about anyone else that are the problem.

Trust Boris, he knows best
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 22:43   #40
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
The rules do make sense its just the muppets who don't give a toss about anyone else that are the problem.
Please, and I mean please, do tell me how this makes sense?

Quote:
I’d be interested to hear the scientific evidence that says masks in shops - reduces transmission, masks in pubs - makes no difference, not required.
Old 01-12-2021, 22:48   #41
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
True that doesn't make sense.Probably something to do with Wetherspoons owner. Take it up with your MP over a pint?
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 22:50   #42
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
It doesn’t, because it’s inconsistent - it should be like before, wearing masks except when at the table to minimise infection; we can’t totally eradicate risk (if we want to keep pubs and restaurants open), but we should try to reduce the risk to others.

Quote:
When people wear face masks to reduce the spread of the coronavirus, the number of new COVID-19 infections drops by 53%, according to a new study published Thursday in the British Medical Journal.
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2021...id-cases-study

It’s not all or nothing, it’s about identifying, managing, and reducing risk.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 22:52   #43
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
True that doesn't make sense.
Amen.
Old 01-12-2021, 22:53   #44
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
I didn’t say they didn’t - well some masks work - but yes, I’m all for masks when evidenced they are required

No just don’t think I should do something that is plainly illogical because I’m told to do it.

the attachment was before the war in nazi Germany

Go and read, then we’ll talk.
The war I was referring to was WWI. The reparations were what Germany had to pay the allies and the charismatic leader was Hitler. I know the history well enough ta

The differences between then and now are obvious. We have not lost a war we are not paying reparations and well Boris innit
Old 01-12-2021, 22:55   #45
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
It doesn’t, because it’s inconsistent - it should be like before,
Why? What evidence do you have this course of action is required at this stage?

Quote:
but we should try to reduce the risk.

It’s not all or nothing, it’s about identifying, managing, and reducing risk.
What is the risk? Has it been measured and quantified?