Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Has the 'Peppa Pig' Prime Minister lost the plot or is this just a hiccup?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Has the 'Peppa Pig' Prime Minister lost the plot or is this just a hiccup?

Old 23-11-2021, 18:15   #16
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Has the 'Peppa Pig' Prime Minister lost the plot or is this just a hiccup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Yep, and the people lining up to pay to watch will probably be the very ones slagging him off now
Well, they’ll still be paying him for his contacts and influence over the next Tory Government. Whether he’s an incompetent buffoon or otherwise, he will still have friends in high places.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-11-2021, 18:16   #17
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

His reputation for easy-going whimsy and bluster is not without basis, however he seems to have become captured by his own legend and now thinks that whatever comes out of his mouth will always be disarming, enamouring, desperately interesting or whatever else he needs it to be in the moment. The problem is, if you speak without notes and without preparation, all you can say is what comes to mind, and if you’re already exhausted and under intense pressure what comes off the top of your head is liable to be of limited value. Add to that, a lot of people are tiring of the act, and the results aren’t pretty.

The Paterson affair already made it clear there’s a significant chance Boris won’t lead the party into the next election. The Peppa Pig affair has, I think, now updated that chance to “substantial”.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2021, 19:43   #18
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

If I were him I wouldnt want to.

No one praises prime ministers, its all pressure, constant attacks, and no thanks.
It really seems like its getting to him now. To me, it would be "no thanks" let someone else do it.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2021, 20:13   #19
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Maybe just me, but I think if he stepped down today, just walked away and left an empty chair, there wouldn't be many willing to sit in it . . . at least not until some other poor sod had sorted out (fat chance) all of the current issues we're seeing with Covid, the NHS, Immigrants, blah blah . .

Having said that, there are probably still a few nutcases out there that think they have the answers . . and the backing
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2021, 20:21   #20
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

John Redwood for me.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2021, 20:42   #21
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Maybe just me, but I think if he stepped down today, just walked away and left an empty chair, there wouldn't be many willing to sit in it . . . at least not until some other poor sod had sorted out (fat chance) all of the current issues we're seeing with Covid, the NHS, Immigrants, blah blah . .

Having said that, there are probably still a few nutcases out there that think they have the answers. . . and the backing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
John Redwood for me.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2021, 22:54   #22
Blackshep
cf.addict

Blackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to all

Of the few thing's worse then boris the buffoon would be John redwood, I think the idea of being prime minister and the reality are getting to buffoon and he's not cut out for it. He won't be the prime minister come the next election campaign and he will be happy about it.
Blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2021, 22:57   #23
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

The Tory’s always destroy from within. As soon as one leader is in place they immediately start to look for their successor and to start to undermine them.

I still don’t see anyone in the party that has Boris’ universal appeal. He was, probably still is, the only Eton toff that the red wall actually like.

That may have changed recently, but I certainly don’t see anyone in the Tory party that also command that. So unless he completely melts down, I don’t see him going anywhere.

Javid, Raab, Kwarteng, Zahawi, Shapps and Gove - not a chance…..ever.

Patel? I like, but unlikely - still has time

Liz Truss, I also like.

Sunak, probably, almost certainly, but not yet.

I don’t see any option than for Boris to take them into the next GE.
Old 23-11-2021, 23:35   #24
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I think Gove is underrated as a candidate. He seems pretty level headed and competent so he may provide a good contrast to Johnson. I think there are a few candidates that styled themselves as the Tory warriors in a culture war and that doesn't lend itself well to the position of PM.

Sunak is the one people keep mentioning but that's because he was paying loads of people's wages for nearly two years. His popularity will decline as that becomes history and tax raises are met with the infrastructure cuts his Government are pushing at the same time. The tax rise has already made it a bit more difficult for him amongst the Tory base.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 09:59   #25
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
John Redwood for me.
Not sure he would like to give up the sweet sidelines he's got going on though;

Quote:
Member of the Advisory Board of EPIC Private Equity, Audrey House, 16-20 Ely Place, London EC1N 6SN. From 1 October 2016 until further notice, I expect to receive £5,000 a year, paid quarterly, in return for a commitment of 3 hours a quarter. (Updated 09 January 2017)

Chairman of Investment Committee of Charles Stanley, 55 Bishopsgate, London EC2N 3AS; an investment advisory company. My duties are to write a twice weekly market review and investment report, to chair the investment committee and to make oral and written presentations. From 1 October 2021 until further notice, I receive £48,222 a quarter for an expected commitment of 50 hours a month. (Updated 16 November 2013, 31 July 2015, 15 November 2016, 14 June 2017, 30 October 2017, 17 October 2018, 02 January 2020 and 26 October 2021)

24 June 2021, received £35,000 as a bonus payment for the past year. Hours: no additional hours. (Registered 24 June 2021)
jonbxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 12:08   #26
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

The problem for the next Tory leader is it'll be more challenging to hide behind nationalism and using the EU bogey man to cultivate votes.

At some point someone has to deliver a solution to Article 16 and deliver on the "levelling up" agenda.

Also at some point - who knows when - they need to bring people who campaigned to remain back into the fold and become more than a party of hubris. Half the country didn't vote for Brexit and it'd be foolish to assume that only politicians from the half that did have solutions for the problems of the mid-late 2020s.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 18:51   #27
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
Not sure he would like to give up the sweet sidelines he's got going on though;
Quote:
I receive £48,222 a quarter for an expected commitment of 50 hours a month
Seems that the good people of Wokingham have a part-time MP. Maybe they should ask for some of their money back?
Old 24-11-2021, 19:04   #28
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Seems that the good people of Wokingham have a part-time MP. Maybe they should ask for some of their money back?
Addressing your snide remark, the "good people of Wokingham" have repeatedly returned JR to Westminster and are very happy with his representational effort.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 19:21   #29
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Addressing your snide remark, the "good people of Wokingham" have repeatedly returned JR to Westminster and are very happy with his representational effort.
Think how happy they would be if he did the job full time for his full time wage.
Old 24-11-2021, 23:22   #30
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Think how happy they would be if he did the job full time for his full time wage.
Spot on

---------- Post added at 22:22 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

Quote:
Nothing snide about pointing out someone being paid for a full time job and only doing it part time. Just show the contempt he holds for his constituents. 50 hours a month is getting on for 25% of his time. Disgraceful.

Shows that you could put a blue rosette on a hat stand and it would get in, in some parts of the country ..