Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 21-07-2019, 19:01   #1366
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Interesting one this as TCMHD has just launched on BTtv too.
CNN HD has also launch this month on BT TV.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-07-2019, 19:30   #1367
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

When Sky was really pushing HD it was offering all sorts of incentives to broadcasters it would now appear those channels that it feels don't offer great viewership it's now cutting funding off.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 20:52   #1368
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Everyone excited for the non event tomorrow of the amazon prime launch. I will be waking up at 7:30am tomorrow for work, i will hurry onto this forum and expect to be massively disappointed with the "failure". I hope you all join me!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 20:59   #1369
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Virgin Media Kids (Channel 700) has been rename "Ben 10".

Source: Forum Box.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 21:05   #1370
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Everyone excited for the non event tomorrow of the amazon prime launch. I will be waking up at 7:30am tomorrow for work, i will hurry onto this forum and expect to be massively disappointed with the "failure". I hope you all join me!
Nah as already have it on my bt tv youview box and fire tv box and smart tv lol.
Legendkiller2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 21:14   #1371
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Nah as already have it on my bt tv youview box and fire tv box and smart tv lol.
i hate the annoyance of turning my ps4 on and i like new and shiny things like a magpie
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 22:36   #1372
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
i hate the annoyance of turning my ps4 on and i like new and shiny things like a magpie
I agree with this haha i prefer everything on one device.
Legendkiller2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 00:22   #1373
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Prime has landed on 228
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 00:41   #1374
Saul's Grandad
Lurkalot

Services: Virgin TV, Phone, mobile & BB. Netflix and Amazon.
Saul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
Prime has landed on 228
Excellent! Signed in and watching the Good Omens trailer as I type to see if it works...it does
Saul's Grandad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 01:44   #1375
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

Signed in and worked straight away, but had to type UHD to watch Good Omens in UHD otherwise it came up as HD. Not a fault with Virgin, but more with Prime, unless you search for UHD you get HD. It's the same using the app on tablet or mobile.

Last edited by newapollo; 22-07-2019 at 01:46. Reason: typo
newapollo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 10:39   #1376
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

No app then?
Old 22-07-2019, 10:42   #1377
KillerCroc1
cf.member

Services: Amazon Prime Video Netflix Discovery+ apple Tv and xbox
KillerCroc1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
No app then?
To get the app showing in all apps I had to do a reboot of the V6 box and it's showing now 😉
KillerCroc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 10:42   #1378
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice

Yes, there's an app. You may need to reboot the box for it to appear (it appeared on one of my V6's by itself, the other box needed a reboot!).
paul0363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 11:46   #1379
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

I seen the post below but does there give any estimate with the new contract how long it will take for the material to arrive in UHD and how we would view it.

Digital TV Europe: Virgin Media to offer UHD sports, movies and boxsets from Sky in new deal
Story from Digital TV Europe:

Liberty Global-owned Virgin Media has struck a new multi-year partnership with pay TV operator Sky, enabling viewers to have access to Sky channels including Sky Cinema and Sky Sports as well as making Sky’s UHD TV content, including sport and movies, available to its customers.

Sky’s line up of entertainment, cinema and sports channels will continue to be available on Virgin Media’s TV platform, with Virgin customers set to enjoy new Ultra HD linear and additional video-on-demand content from the pay TV operator next year.

The new content will include Sky Cinema Original films and live sports in UHD, along with Sky original drama on demand, including shows like Jamestown and the forthcoming comedy Brassic, starring Michelle Keegan.

The UHD content will be available on Virgin Media’s UHD V6 box.

NBCUniversal’s suite of channels, including Universal, E! and SyFy, are included as part of the partnership, with Virgin Media customers also able to watch Sky Cinema through the Virgin TV Go app for the first time.

The latest deal between the pair builds on a closer collaboration between them. It follows the launch of Sky’s AdSmart addressable advertising technology to Virgin Media homes.
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 12:03   #1380
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0363 View Post
Yes, there's an app. You may need to reboot the box for it to appear (it appeared on one of my V6's by itself, the other box needed a reboot!).
Does it include the Amazon linear channels?
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote