Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 19-08-2018, 11:08   #8506
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Have you anything selected in the video settings on the V6 other than 2160? I find the difference very noticable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I have a 4K UHD TV, and to be honest I've been going from watching in HD to watching in UHD, and there's not really a huge difference imo, don't get me wrong the PQ is really good, but not what I expected.

Last edited by ozsat; 19-08-2018 at 11:12.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-08-2018, 12:07   #8507
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Have you anything selected in the video settings on the V6 other than 2160? I find the difference very noticable.
So the settings should be 2160?

Thx
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2018, 12:54   #8508
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Yep - a feature (I would say fault) of the V6 is that to get 2160 from BT Sports 4K - you have to only select 2160 in the output options. Ignore the passthru settings as they are not for regular tv channels.

If you select any others (1080, 720) than the V6 downscales to that setting - even if 2160 is also selected.
Old 19-08-2018, 13:12   #8509
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Ok mate, i'll have a look at that, thx.....
Old 19-08-2018, 15:33   #8510
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Yep - a feature (I would say fault) of the V6 is that to get 2160 from BT Sports 4K - you have to only select 2160 in the output options. Ignore the passthru settings as they are not for regular tv channels.

If you select any others (1080, 720) than the V6 downscales to that setting - even if 2160 is also selected.
I checked the settings mate and it was already at the first 2160 setting.
Old 19-08-2018, 17:22   #8511
ozsat
cf.mega poster

only 2160 and no others?
Old 19-08-2018, 17:54   #8512
reddog
cf.member

reddog is an unknown quantity at this point

Why is there no option to get rid of the L news bar on BT Sports 3 on Virgin?
reddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2018, 17:58   #8513
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light

I have to say that the 2160 setting doesn't make much different on my Panasonic 4k tv either. It looks the same as the 1080i did. 4k movies and iplayer 4k content looks incredible though.
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2018, 18:57   #8514
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
only 2160 and no others?
Yes mate, only 2160 selected...
Old 19-08-2018, 19:12   #8515
ozsat
cf.mega poster

I find the pictures really good - could be tv setting perhaps?

BT Sport 4K is the best picture quality channel I've seen - better than Sky Sports UHD.
Old 19-08-2018, 19:41   #8516
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallclone View Post
I have to say that the 2160 setting doesn't make much different on my Panasonic 4k tv either. It looks the same as the 1080i did. 4k movies and iplayer 4k content looks incredible though.
Could it be that modern smart TV's up scale to the pannels native 4K resolution and that is why people are not noticing a big difference?
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2018, 19:49   #8517
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Could it be that modern smart TV's up scale to the pannels native 4K resolution and that is why people are not noticing a big difference?
No idea. But there is a big difference between an upscaled 1080p. mkv file and upscaled BBC News 24.
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2018, 17:17   #8518
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Look for this it's how I 'found' it. My virgin media, offers and upgrades, scroll down to sports packages. Box nation etc. There was premier sports price was £0 so ordered it

Just looked at my offers and ordered it for £0.

No indication how long this is for.

No indication I am signing up for a further 12 months.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2018, 17:55   #8519
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Just looked at my offers and ordered it for £0.

No indication how long this is for.

No indication I am signing up for a further 12 months.
Had 'fresh' contract sent out dates unchanged . Told by C's that s it's my contract hold it and it stays .How much you believe them is another matter
Old 21-08-2018, 00:05   #8520
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Had 'fresh' contract sent out dates unchanged . Told by C's that s it's my contract hold it and it stays .How much you believe them is another matter

Received an email confirming my upgrade - again no mention of how long offer is for or that a new contract has started.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote