Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Snow !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Snow !

Old 24-02-2005, 16:33   #196
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Re: [Merged] Snow !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
From the news reports one would have been forgiven for thinking that a huge swathe of the country was to be affected.I suspect that at least 3/4 of the working population got to work this morning because the reality was that only three areas were that deeply affected.
Apparently, Lincolnshire was one of the areas that was supposed to be affected but, other than a brief flurry this morning, there's been no snow. It's been raining all day and it's been chuffin' freezing, but that's it!

I dunno - if you can't trust the weathermen, who can you trust, eh?
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-02-2005, 16:37   #197
Caspar
Inactive

Caspar has reached the bronze age
Caspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget
I dunno - if you can't trust the weathermen, who can you trust, eh?
Your dog, loyal to the end
Caspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 17:00   #198
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

This is a picture from the local rag taken this morning, just a short distance from our bungalow.

Is this what you wanted Altis ?
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 17:01   #199
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom
Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc
A635 surely... is that still open or has it fallen victim to the snow?

Yes, you are correct, my fingers were frozen when I typed that after digging out the car.
Well it wouldn't have been the A365 anyway as that would be horrendously out of zone if it was- it's down near Bristol

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 17:06   #200
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom
Is this what you wanted Altis ?
Prrrrrrrfect!

Is this where you are suggesting?
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...rch.srf&dn=808

Car park and public convenience
altis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 17:29   #201
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by altis
Prrrrrrrfect!

Is this where you are suggesting?
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...rch.srf&dn=808

Car park and public convenience
Thats it, an ice cream van and a burger bar in summer as well. I hear that the council intend to upgrade the car parks and vistors centre soon. It is about 30 mins walk from the Clarence ( big pub ) roundabout, which is close to what appears to be a church on that map, if you cannot make it up to the car park (pay & display) next to the reservoir.
Old 24-02-2005, 17:35   #202
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star

thanks iadom.

I'll let you know how we get on.

Someone drop him a greeny for me - I need to spread it about more!
altis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 18:00   #203
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Quote:
thanks iadom.

...Nice picture of the reservoir and hills .
Old 24-02-2005, 18:13   #204
homealone

Quote:
thanks iadom.

done

it has been cold, windy & wet all day here - but no snow

- as I left work the combination of high tide & a stiff onshore wind was sending waves over the sea wall.
Old 24-02-2005, 18:23   #205
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

I was not impressed before, trudged through the snow/slush/blizzards to Argos to buy a suitcase (NYC here I come ) and was told I couldn't collect from the back door for "health and safety reasons" Did they seriously expect me to trudge through the snow with a really heavy box to get back to my car. Yes they did Quick chat with the manager and they said they would on this occasion. Gee thanks very much.
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 18:52   #206
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Deadbrains report on the snow

Quote:
Panic has set in across southern England following an outbreak of powdery white stuff, known in some parts as "snow". Whole communities have been cut off, including most of Kent, as residents were unable to leave their homes for fear of "being cold" or "getting wet"...............
Old 24-02-2005, 18:57   #207
Steve H
Inactive

Services: Freeview, 512k Pipex.
Steve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of Quads
Send a message via ICQ to Steve H Send a message via MSN to Steve H Send a message via Yahoo to Steve H

Snows crap in Stoke... woke up to find a light blanket.. deep in parts. Snowed all day, continually... yet it had all but dissappeared off the ground after midday.

However, a few miles up the road there's still loads of the white stuff Great fun in a car

http://www.asfz49.dsl.pipex.com/photos/road.gif
Steve H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 16:38   #208
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Dovestones snow report

Altis, I decided to have a wander round Dovestones reservoir this afternoon. It is amazing how easy it is to take for granted such breathtaking scenery when it is on your own doorstep. I took these pics at 12 50PM . The main road and the access road to the car park are clear, however if you look at the picture of the car park you may be able to see that some of it is fenced off. In fact less than a third of the normal space is available due to refurbishment taking place. There is another less well known carpark (free) a short distance up the main road at Binn Green which is shown on the A to Z. Speaking to one of the hardy souls I met today, he said that Sunday was always much busier than Saturday. There is a small carpark at the Clarence Hotel which is a 20 to 30 minute walk from the reservoir. At the moment the temp is just above freezing, with sleet in the air. I should think that there will still be enough white stuff up there to make it interesting unless we have a dramatic change in the weather.
Old 25-02-2005, 17:39   #209
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Whats at the bottom of that hole in pic#3?
Old 25-02-2005, 19:41   #210
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod
Whats at the bottom of that hole in pic#3?
That's the overflow vent, absolutely huge. One or two idiots have tried to climb inside it. you can just see in the bottom of the picture a large metal construction, that is a flood release barrier. I found a picture of the overflow vent in operation on picsearch, I will try to find it for you.

Edit. here you go.

http://www.go4awalk.com/userpics/pix...ak/dleak_1.jpg