Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V6 boxes and TCL TV review controls

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

V6 boxes and TCL TV review controls

Old 30-01-2021, 18:09   #1
Badmana
cf.member

Badmana is an unknown quantity at this point
V6 boxes and TCL TV review controls

Anyone got a TCL TV and having trouble pairing V6 remote control with it. Would love to know if/how you fixed it over gone through the Virgin help on how to pair and scurried website but the thing just won't pair so I have to use 2 remote controls not the end of the world but a SERIOUS pain in the_-++***"'""!!££w
Badmana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-01-2021, 18:44   #2
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: V6 boxes and TCL TV review controls

As often is the case, it's simpler to do an internet search. Other people are highly likely to have encountered the same problem. Eg Google "tcl v6 codes" (without the ").
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2021, 19:13   #3
Badmana
cf.member

As often is my case, I've scurried the internet for solutions all to no avail. Hence why I have found this site and asked the question in my original post.
Thank you for your reply.
Old 30-01-2021, 20:31   #4
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Have you tried the "Programme My Remote" tool in the Help section on the V6?
And the full scan using code 0999? (see here)
If you've done both of those without success, there probably is no solution for your TV.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2021, 20:46   #5
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

From the Google search

Quote:
Hi,

Our apologies but the 65DP648 has no Virgin Media TV V6 box’s Remote control functionality.
TCL will not allow to use any other device to control our TV other than the TCL remote delivered with TCL TV.
Many thanks for your question,
TCL UK

TCL Electronics UK Ltd

Manufacturer · 05 December 2018
Don't know if that is still the manufacturers policy.
TCL FAQs

Quote:
Q: Which universal remote controls are compatible with TCL TVs?
A: You can purchase a universal remote control from our partner Logitech’s Harmony range.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 08:00   #6
Badmana
cf.member

I've tried the 0999 codes and all to no avail. I've day there for about 10 minutes pressing channel up then have up for to fear of rsi
I really hope that assessment from TCL different still hold true today but it doesn't make sense because there are TCL codes or there for other set to boxes, I can't help thinking it's Virgin at fault especially seeing as TCL brand does not exist in the list on V6 box when searching for your TV brand n remote pairing brand.
I wonder if anyone can tell me if TCL exist in the remote pairing section for the be v360 boxes.
Old 03-02-2021, 09:33   #7
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Is TCL a badge engineered product? If so finding the OEM might be the way to go?
Old 03-02-2021, 11:50   #8
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmana View Post
I really hope that assessment from TCL different still hold true today but it doesn't make sense because there are TCL codes or there for other set to boxes, I can't help thinking it's Virgin at fault especially seeing as TCL brand does not exist in the list on V6 box when searching for your TV brand n remote pairing brand
Is your TV a recent model? If so, it's very possible that TCL invented new remote control codes for it. The V6 remote was designed in 2015-ish, so you can hardly blame Virgin if it doesn't contain a code that hadn't yet been invented.

The 360 remote is newer so may contain codes for newer TVs.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:19   #9
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Is your TV a recent model? If so, it's very possible that TCL invented new remote control codes for it. The V6 remote was designed in 2015-ish, so you can hardly blame Virgin if it doesn't contain a code that hadn't yet been invented.

The 360 remote is newer so may contain codes for newer TVs.
It's been a while but when I bought my One4All a few years back, it came with a "this will work any device" guarantee.

In the event a couple of my recent (at the time) or obscure boxes had available codes but they weren't programmed into the remote from purchase.

One4All arranged return of the remote to physically program the updated codes in, and hey presto.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 12:33   #10
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

The V6 Programme My Remote app suggests codes 0398, 0436 and 0365 for TCL TVs. Do these not work?

TCL TVs are also known to the 360 box. Whether or not it would work, I couldn't say.
Old 08-02-2021, 10:29   #11
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Is TCL a badge engineered product? If so finding the OEM might be the way to go?
No, it's actually the third-largest TV manufacturer in the world.

In Europe, its TVs are sold under the TCL and Thomson brands. So if the three codes (0398, 0436, 0365) suggested by Spiderplant don't work, it may be worth investigating Thomson codes.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote