Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Happy Birthday to JMcB

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Ghosts

Old 15-11-2003, 00:09   #1
peachey
Permanently Banned

peachey is an unknown quantity at this point
Ghosts

has anybody ever seen a ghost?
peachey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-11-2003, 00:13   #2
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachey
I don't believe in 'ghosts' as in spectres.

I believe that what people see (And I DO beleive people see 'things') are in fact temporal incursions.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2003, 14:13   #3
Tricky
Inactive

Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one

Quote:
Only in the mirror after a heavy night on the beer!
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2003, 14:38   #4
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Ghosts
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2003, 15:46   #5
MikeyB
cf.geek

Services: BT FTTP, Humax Foxsat HDR Freesat+
MikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud of

This is my fave ghost site:
http://www.ghoststudy.com/
Just don't look at it just before going to bed, like I did the 1st time lol :P
MikeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2003, 15:56   #6
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Nope, nor do I believe in them.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2003, 16:15   #7
Tricky
Inactive

Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by pem
Nope, nor do I believe in them.
do you not believe because you haven't seen one?
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2003, 16:20   #8
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky
do you not believe because you haven't seen one?
No, I don't believe in the principles that are needed for ghosts to exist. Obviously if I saw one [and it was proved that what I saw was a ghost] then I would have to change my opinion.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2003, 16:41   #9
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Although I have, on several occasions seen or heard things that could be considered Ghosts, I still seek proof as to whether they exist or not.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2003, 17:18   #10
Caspar
Inactive

Caspar has reached the bronze age
Caspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze ageCaspar has reached the bronze age

Ghosts are simply programs that are behaving outside of their programming and are being a nuisance/ being chased from deletion

p.s. I do see a ghost every time I look into a mirror! I know Tricky already said that but it's pretty true for me :p
Caspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2003, 17:19   #11
peachey
Permanently Banned

peachey is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by scastle
Although I have, on several occasions seen or heard things that could be considered Ghosts, I still seek proof as to whether they exist or not.

check this out

it's by stanstead airport

http://www.borleyrectory.com/
peachey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2003, 20:40   #12
Atomic22
Inactive

Services: Very High Monthly Bills!
Atomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to Atomic22 Send a message via AIM to Atomic22 Send a message via MSN to Atomic22 Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic22

when we were at work on nights a workmate saw a boy that wasnt there that could only have been a ghost.....he had to go for a lie down for a few hours to calm down
Atomic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2003, 01:38   #13
luftys
Inactive

luftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant future

We have 2 at work,1 I call joe she is a lady,nice for a ghost,the other is a man he is not to nice
The first time I saw Joe I ran away,after I changed my clothes and cleaned the floor up I went back to talk to her,she is my type of lady does not say a word,but he is a pain knocking things over all the time

Resistance is Futile
What your eyes show you is only the surface of reality,look deeper
luftys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2003, 02:06   #14
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I live near Croydon, which happens to contain what is apparently the most haunted building in the South East. The Nestle Tower (Nestle's UK headquarters) was a known place for comitting suicide. Basically because the building is about 15 storeys tall, and until about 20 years ago, had no railing around the roof. I have read that one ghost frequently screws up anything electronic, and people in the staff canteen frequently hear a thump as something "hits" the roof above them (the first few floors extend out from the front and back of the tower).

The only link I can find is to a site saying that the Blue Orchid nightclub which is on the ground floor of the tower is crap, Having been there, I wholeheartedly agree with that.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2003, 11:31   #15
Colin

Has anyone noticed that babies often seem to stare over your shoulder at what seems like nothing and then burst into smiles or laughter.

I always like to think that they are seeing family members who have died.

Either that or they are just being simpleton like