Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 26-06-2021, 11:30   #6856
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
My 'local' used to be 20p for air, then it went up to 50p, and now it's £1.

I think the machine now just sits quietly rusting in the corner
i use my trusty foot pump once per week just to check the tyres, hardly ever need pumping.
Old 26-06-2021, 11:43   #6857
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

I wait till the low tyre pressure warning comes up on the car dashboard.
The battery charger thingy then pumps the tyr(s).

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2021, 12:45   #6858
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I wait till the low tyre pressure warning comes up on the car dashboard.
The battery charger thingy then pumps the tyr(s).
I have the same facility on my car ,but i like to check it myself
Old 26-06-2021, 13:35   #6859
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
I have the same facility on my car ,but i like to check it myself
Can't be bothered - too much bending down.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2021, 13:37   #6860
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Parental alienation.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 15:33   #6861
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Maybe it's a good idea that Microsoft are now releasing a newer version of Windows as it seems the version used by DVLA has developed Dementia

After recently PX'ing my car for a newer one, I subsequently received a cheque from DVLA for the tax refund owed.

A week later I received another letter from DVLA informing me that their records have now been updated and I am no longer the registered keeper of the vehicle I no longer own.

Today I receive a letter from DVLA informing me that the car tax is due on the vehicle I no longer own or are the registered keeper of.

Computers, running the world in a better and more efficient way
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 15:42   #6862
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Maybe it's a good idea that Microsoft are now releasing a newer version of Windows as it seems the version used by DVLA has developed Dementia

After recently PX'ing my car for a newer one, I subsequently received a cheque from DVLA for the tax refund owed.

A week later I received another letter from DVLA informing me that their records have now been updated and I am no longer the registered keeper of the vehicle I no longer own.

Today I receive a letter from DVLA informing me that the car tax is due on the vehicle I no longer own or are the registered keeper of.

Computers, running the world in a better and more efficient way
It is not the computer it is the program written to deal with the data and or the database. Written by humans and therefore open to error
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 15:50   #6863
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
It is not the computer it is the program written to deal with the data and or the database. Written by humans and therefore open to error

Yes Yes we know all that, so you're suggesting that the computers are fine yet the humans working at DVLA are useless and incompetent?

One hopes those (govt. employees) dealing with Covid or Climate change have a better grasp of programming and/or dealing with data then
Old 07-07-2021, 16:06   #6864
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Yes Yes we know all that, so you're suggesting that the computers are fine yet the humans working at DVLA are useless and incompetent?

One hopes those (govt. employees) dealing with Covid or Climate change have a better grasp of programming and/or dealing with data then
course they don't hehe
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 16:53   #6865
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

GIGO
Old 07-07-2021, 18:13   #6866
Carth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
GIGO
Quite possibly the greatest threat we've ever faced
Old 07-07-2021, 19:03   #6867
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Having worked there for a while a few years back I can confirm that assessment is correct. I started on the Monday and by the Thursday I'd realised what an awful place to work it was, and begged my old employer to take me back. 6 weeks later I was back at my old desk

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 22:55   #6868
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Fitting a new kitchen at my sister-in-law's, if it can go wrong it is doing! Today's nightmare, doing the sink unit and turned the water off so I could get rid of all the old nasty plumbing. One thing led to another and it was getting late so decided to do a temporary job to get the cold water running for toilet, electric shower etc and the stopcock packs in - will turn no problem but no water. She's got plenty of bottled water to see her through to tomorrow but only one flush of the toilet . Will nip to Go Outdoors in the morning to get some water carriers and hope the plumber can come tomorrow (and the isolator in the road works ok).
GrimUpNorth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2021, 08:06   #6869
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

MSM running stories and pictures of (some) shortages in the supermarkets. Nothing like that stupidity to start the panic buying again.
Old 22-07-2021, 08:14   #6870
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
MSM running stories and pictures of (some) shortages in the supermarkets. Nothing like that stupidity to start the panic buying again.
Wonder where all the foreign HGV drivers went? Toilet roll panic again, what fun....
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote