Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price rises this year.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Price rises this year.

Old 04-07-2023, 15:20   #616
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road
Re: Price rises this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus0898uk View Post
Just a quick update about my VM.
My 18 month contract finishes around 3rd August so I got the boot in first and rang retentions, fortunately UK based.
I was paying a discounted £99 which was due to go up to £141.

The outcome of our chat was I am going to lose Sky Cinema (very rarely used), my SS is going to be known as the SS Collection and I have gone for UHD at £7pm which can be cancelled anytime. Internet is 350 and our landline 'Talk More Anytime' is being renamed 'Anytime Chatter'.

It seems I can ring mobiles from the landline and not be charged, is this correct?
Also I will have to pay 24ppm to use 084 087 etc etc

For the next 18 months my monthly fee is £98, but I think come April ++
So you have no O2 Sim?
I'm on the Ultimate Volt bundle with Netflix UHD addon, Extra box & UHD Sky sports for £100 to Virgin & £25 to O2

O2 is terrible and will dump as soon as I can but its going to be hard to get a good price for the Virgin stuff
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
TMLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2023, 17:41   #617
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs View Post
So you have no O2 Sim?
I'm on the Ultimate Volt bundle with Netflix UHD addon, Extra box & UHD Sky sports for £100 to Virgin & £25 to O2

O2 is terrible and will dump as soon as I can but its going to be hard to get a good price for the Virgin stuff
Use O2 via Tesco , far better than ee or Vodafone guess it's down to were you use it
Old 04-07-2023, 23:02   #618
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Use O2 via Tesco , far better than ee or Vodafone guess it's down to were you use it
EE is the best here but it got too expensive for so little data and the EE roaming costs, I will switch mine and my wife's to Smarty when contracts are up, any company that doesn't do inflation rises gets my business, I changed all of our work phones to smarty and its just great value even getting a 10% off if you make a group account
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
TMLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 18:10   #619
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
EE is the best here but it got too expensive for so little data and the EE roaming costs, I will switch mine and my wife's to Smarty when contracts are up, any company that doesn't do inflation rises gets my business, I changed all of our work phones to smarty and its just great value even getting a 10% off if you make a group account
Got two year fixed price on Tesco use little data and not interested in roaming cost
Old 05-07-2023, 18:19   #620
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I agree Smarty is great, especially if you use little data.
I and the wife are on the 3GB product with money back for each GB not used.
If you use little data, this works out at £4.50 per month each for unlimited texts and calls, including EU roaming.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 00:47   #621
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough

My wife has an O2 sim so I will be joining this Volt or whatever it is called. I currently pay £6.97 for my Virgin Mobile sim which I suppose is now managed by O2.
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2023, 11:24   #622
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about them

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-66174785

VM being investigated re contract cancellation
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2023, 11:41   #623
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter729 View Post
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-66174785

VM being investigated re contract cancellation
About time. The general advice to send a recorded delivery letter is crazy in this day and age. If you can agree a contract over the phone you should be able to cancel it over the phone.

They should look at their 18 month non cancellation rpi + 3.9% increase next. Nobody knows what they'll be paying in future under those terms.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2023, 12:30   #624
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about themPeter729 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
About time. The general advice to send a recorded delivery letter is crazy in this day and age. If you can agree a contract over the phone you should be able to cancel it over the phone.

They should look at their 18 month non cancellation rpi + 3.9% increase next. Nobody knows what they'll be paying in future under those terms.
I sent my cancellation in via recorded delivery, I made it clear I wanted to end the contract on the last day of the full contracted term and the letter was simply the required 30 day notice.

VM canceled the sevice 3 weeks before the end of contracted term, why I dont know, it made no difference to me as I already had a new ISP in place, but what if I hadn't had a new ISP in place.

A Virgin Media spokesperson said: "We are committed to providing our customers with excellent service, supporting them with any issues and giving clear options should they wish to leave.

When was the above put into place

Last edited by Peter729; 13-07-2023 at 12:37.
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2023, 11:02   #625
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Days later and no response from them.
It's now about 3 weeks. I have tried phoning them on 150, but the only time I got through to a person, I was cut off after I was told they were looking at my account...
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote