Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 22-03-2013, 21:51   #3511
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

S*d*ing typical!! I did the pre-hump channel data. No peri-hump data. No hump tonight! ( Double entendre intended. )
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-03-2013, 17:39   #3512
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
qas that packetloss I have seen on just about every BT graph posted in public, it appeared on my own graphs within a week of the policy change.

Its also on gateway graphs, eg. its on your gateway graph and its on my gateway graph which rules out local connection issues.
This seems to be down to some snap routing decisions over BT's LINX public peering. It appears to only affect traffic going over LINX' secondary public peering network, which incidentally, is where traffic from BT to TBB's ping monitor goes.

I couldn't find any other traffic that was affected, all privately peered routes were fine, all LINX primary links were fine, but everything over secondary was showing ~0.8% packet loss.

At about 5:15pm, the issues disappeared and everything went back to normal - I first noticed the problem when the throughput for the blu-ray I was streaming plumetted from 5MB/sec to 0.4MB/sec, and now that's jumped back up to full speed again too (actually it's peaking at 8MB/sec but the movie itself only averages around 5). That was transiting over LINX secondary the whole time, routing hasn't changed.

I'm not quite sure why BT is pushing so much traffic over the LINX secondary LAN, after all, they have ten times more capacity on primary than secondary. Whether it's BT's own routing to blame or like VM's issues a few months ago, due to an external network sending excess traffic the wrong way, I don't know. The issue seems to have disappeared abruptly for tonight so I can no longer trace where it is coming from.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 18:00   #3513
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Yeah - I can back that up. 17:15 and the packet loss (at the time - not always there) stopped.

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 22:29   #3514
Dash: CF noob
cf.geek

Services: VM MAXIT TV360 Volt 1gb. SH5 WIN 10 7" Tab, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Dash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of society

Someones busy tonight --------

Dash: CF noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 23:57   #3515
cf.geek

Dash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of society

levels getting poor

Down
55 322750000 Hz QAM256 6.0dBmV 38.6dB 317511 0
49 290750000 Hz QAM256 6.9dBmV 39.1dB 193094 0
50 298750000 Hz QAM256 6.3dBmV 38.8dB 683155 4
53 306750000 Hz QAM256 6.2dBmV 38.6dB 1585947 82
54 314750000 Hz QAM256 6.0dBmV 38.2dB 3964153 64

Up
3 27400000 Hz ATDMA 46.3 dBmV kQPSK 6400000 10240 Kbits/sec
Old 25-03-2013, 01:29   #3516
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Want sky's number? or are you going to struggle for a while longer?
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 01:38   #3517
cf.geek

Tempting, its not been like this for months.
Old 25-03-2013, 01:44   #3518
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

The waiting was the killer. My graphs looked a lot like yours on and off for a long time.

Stress went once I switched

Downloaded numerous GB today
Old 25-03-2013, 01:58   #3519
cf.geek

FTTC due end of june i think then i may be off.
Old 25-03-2013, 02:16   #3520
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Not long to wait at all. Fingers crossed
Old 25-03-2013, 12:29   #3521
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Yeah - I can back that up. 17:15 and the packet loss (at the time - not always there) stopped.

on the 22nd the day before qas posted I had a little loss (almost gone but still there), then last 2 days its back with a bang, here ie yesterday.

However in the past 20 mins or so BT have made a routing change, my latency has gone up, I thought they changed a setting on my line but they havent so its something done on the routing.

Here can see the routing drop but with minimal affetc on latency on my gateway.

Here on my line but with base latency going up.

Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 12:33   #3522
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Can I remind members for the last time that this is NOT the BT infinity thread.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 12:50   #3523
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

As an aside, my Infinity graph had the same TBB stoppage. So TBB glitched.

In deference to the moderation, I've started an FTTC TBB thread here.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 14:25   #3524
babis3g
Inactive

Services: >100Mb<TV M+,TiVo 1T,V HD >Phone M
babis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to behold

Today's packet packet lost was exactly the same and with VM and my ADSL connection
Seems was affected every service ... but VM is not via twister cable ... wonder what happened and every service same monitor packet lost issue
babis3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 14:55   #3525
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

As an aside, my Infinity graph had the same TBB stoppage. So TBB glitched.

In deference to the moderation, I've started an FTTC TBB thread here.
Ok so that was a change tbb side then.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote