Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Winter Olympics 2006 thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Winter Olympics 2006 thread

Old 24-01-2006, 12:34   #1
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
The Winter Olympics 2006 thread

Not long to go now before the start of the Winter Olympics 2006 taking place in Torino (Turin), Italy.
The games last from the 10th to the 26th February.

More info HERE:

http://www.olympic.org/uk/games/torino/index_uk.asp

http://www.torino2006.org

This thread is for dicussion of all the events and the Winter Olympics in general.
I am looking forward to the Ice skating, Ice hockey, Ski-ing, and Bobsleigh.

Should be good TV !
Plus I'm sure the opening and closing ceremonies will be pretty cool too.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2006, 21:44   #2
ellie
Inactive

Services: All except sky one :(
ellie has reached the bronze age
ellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze ageellie has reached the bronze age
Re: The Winter Olympics 2006 thread

Im going to watch the snowboarding when it's on bcos I like that

I was reading that our snowboarder Dan Wakeman is the 1st British male snowboarder to compete in the winter olympics ..so ill be keeping my eye on him
ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 21:49   #3
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

I'm hoping to catch some of the speed skating (long track) online
Old 09-02-2006, 22:32   #4
homealone

skeleton for me - I'd love to have a go - and I don't usually prefer prone to supine
Old 09-02-2006, 22:32   #5
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I want to see the bobsleigh, and those blokes who race on tea trays
(as a Billy Connolly joke called them tabbaconists)
Old 09-02-2006, 22:36   #6
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

All sounds far too cold for me so it's the perfect spectator sport however I was nearly a competitor in the freestyle skating competition when I skated across the garage forecourt tonight after paying for my petrol <------ me when I realised people were laughing at me, not holding up boards with "6.0" on them.

Anyone ideas on how many Golds we're expecting ????
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 22:41   #7
Halcyon
Hello !

Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

I like anything to do with Snow and ice so it should be some good viewing.
It all kicks off from 6pm on BBC2 and I'm sure the Opening ceremony will be really good.
I remember one from a few years back that was spectacular.

Friday - BBC 2 - 6pm - 10pm

Old 09-02-2006, 22:42   #8
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

I'm looking forward to watching a bit of Hockey
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 22:25   #9
wilcoxm
Inactive

wilcoxm is just really nicewilcoxm is just really nicewilcoxm is just really nicewilcoxm is just really nicewilcoxm is just really nicewilcoxm is just really nice

Fantastic ceremony, does any one know the song that the BBC played at the end. It sounded like Andrea Bocelli, and the misses said she wants to buy it as she like it.
wilcoxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 22:28   #10
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae
I'm looking forward to watching a bit of Hockey
That's what I will be watching, plus the bobsleigh.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 00:39   #11
Halcyon
Hello !

Taped the whole ceremony. Will watch it tommorow as tonight I was at an ice Skating Valentines party.
Not sure how many medals we are expecting...probably not many, but I wish them luck to all of them.

Old 11-02-2006, 11:21   #12
Paulie
Inactive

Services: Virgin Phone, mobile and BB V6 and Tivo Asus RT-AC68U
Paulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to all

I thought it was funny that an American medal hopeful got banned for using hair growth stuff. "Oh i`m sorry sir, that`s a banned substance" I mean it`s bound to make him go faster down the shoot lmfao.
Paulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:33   #13
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Aparently there's going to be a Chinese athlete called Man Li Wang.

Or it that just his nickname?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:39   #14
Halcyon
Hello !

For those interested in Ice Skating, here is the Ice Skating Schedule on BBC2:

SATURDAY 11th Feb:

5.30pm - Men's 5000m Speed Skating

(Whilst you are waiting, may as well switch over to ITV for "Dancing on Ice")

8.15pm - Live Figure Skating coverage - Pairs.

MONDAY 13th Feb:

8.30pm - Figure Skating - Pairs. Plus info on Men's Speed Skating.

TUESDAY 14th Feb - Valentines Day [img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

5.00pm - Ice Hockey

6.00pm - The Final of the Women's 500m Speed Skating

9.00pm - Ice Figure Skating - Men's.

Wednesday 15th Feb:

4.25pm - News of the Men's Ice Hockey.

Thursday 16th Feb:

6.05pm - Speed Skating.

9.00pm - Figure Skating - Men's Free Programme.

FRIDAY 17th Feb:

8.30pm - Ice Dancing & Ice Hockey

I'm looking forward to watching all of this [img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

Old 11-02-2006, 11:39   #15
Paulie
Inactive

Services: Virgin Phone, mobile and BB V6 and Tivo Asus RT-AC68U
Paulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to allPaulie is a name known to all

lol
Paulie is offline   Reply With Quote