Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 15:00   #6076
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

OB ... that’s the point at which it became clear you were changing your mind. It wasn’t you who brought broadband infrastructure into the thread. Fast broadband availability was the first and most obvious objection to your original claim. It was put to you and you took it on board, even though it now pains you to admit it.

Post 128, which you were answering in post 129, asked “I thought it was 10?” - because up to that point that was your argument and everyone participating at the time understood that to be the case. Your wee body-swerve in post 129 was a neat attempt to claim you had always believed what in fact you had recently been persuaded of by others, but nobody bought it then, and it’s clear from recent comments in this thread that nobody’s buying it now.

You’re caught bang to rights. Just admit it (I know you won’t).
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2019, 16:26   #6077
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
How will people consume news - you know the popcorn out stuff - disaster coverage of tsunamis, missing teenagers, earthquakes, volcanos and explosions in white countries other than on a 24/7 linear channel?
Have you never heard of the BBC i-Player? That carries live programmes as well as VOD and works perfectly well.

---------- Post added at 15:22 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
OB ... that’s the point at which it became clear you were changing your mind. It wasn’t you who brought broadband infrastructure into the thread. Fast broadband availability was the first and most obvious objection to your original claim. It was put to you and you took it on board, even though it now pains you to admit it.

Post 128, which you were answering in post 129, asked “I thought it was 10?” - because up to that point that was your argument and everyone participating at the time understood that to be the case. Your wee body-swerve in post 129 was a neat attempt to claim you had always believed what in fact you had recently been persuaded of by others, but nobody bought it then, and it’s clear from recent comments in this thread that nobody’s buying it now.

You’re caught bang to rights. Just admit it (I know you won’t).
Chris. Post #129 was just a few weeks after the one you flagged, and this was way back in 2015! I accept that maybe the posts could have been clearer, but I was not really concentrating on a specific timespan until then. The 10 years clearly referred to broadband, and that is made perfectly clear in the very post you highlighted.

Whatever you believe, I would not have been so daft as to say the pay tv channels will more or less all be closed down in 10 years. If that's the way you and some others read it, I accept that, but it was not what I meant. I have said 20 years consistently since 2015 and you will not find any post from me that says differently.

---------- Post added at 15:26 ---------- Previous post was at 15:22 ----------

Quote:
It's still a linear broadcast, it's the method of delivery that's different.
Well of course it is a linear broadcast. Nobody said it wasn't. And yes, it is the method of delivery that is different. I'm not sure what point you are making, since I think we are all aware of that.

We are essentially debating the ease of access to VOD material - v - scheduled tv channels.
Old 12-08-2019, 16:50   #6078
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

There's no need to be cheeky because Chris is mopping the floor with your incoherent argument.
Old 12-08-2019, 17:05   #6079
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
There's no need to be cheeky because Chris is mopping the floor with your incoherent argument.
I wasn't being deliberately cheeky, just factual!

As for incoherent, now that's cheeky.
Old 12-08-2019, 17:30   #6080
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

Here's Amazon the great market disrupter going to bring cheap Premiership football from all, deep pockets and blowing Sky out the water. It's a full house in the bingo card all in one place.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...4&postcount=44

Now they didn't bid, the rights value fell (as predicted by Sky) but it'll all be different in 2022, with no explanation why?
Old 12-08-2019, 19:34   #6081
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Here's Amazon the great market disrupter going to bring cheap Premiership football from all, deep pockets and blowing Sky out the water. It's a full house in the bingo card all in one place.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...4&postcount=44

Now they didn't bid, the rights value fell (as predicted by Sky) but it'll all be different in 2022, with no explanation why?
It's strange that you seem to think that because something has not happened yet that it never will.

All of this has already been explained, jfman. Clearly, there's not much news around today.
Old 12-08-2019, 19:41   #6082
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

The rules of CF:

Old Boy has only ever said things that later come true. If it didn’t come true, he never said it, even if he did.

Old 12-08-2019, 19:58   #6083
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The rules of CF:

Old Boy has only ever said things that later come true. If it didn’t come true, he never said it, even if he did.

You just need to read the posts. And read the words as they are. I hope that's not too much to ask.
Old 12-08-2019, 20:10   #6084
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

You just need to read the posts. And read the words as they are. I hope that's not too much to ask.
Which many of us have done.

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

Quote:

Very much in clear English and fully understood as well.

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

Quote:

l think its not too much to ask that you read your posts OB clearly and concisely without missing out the inconvenient bits.
Old 12-08-2019, 20:12   #6085
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
It's strange that you seem to think that because something has not happened yet that it never will.

All of this has already been explained, jfman. Clearly, there's not much news around today.
If I were an Amazon shareholder I’d be furious, given how easy it is to turn a profit on £5bn of football rights, that they hadn’t even bid this time around. Not even a meagre “what Sky paid last time” bid, let alone a “blow them out the water one”.

If something hasn’t happened (and indeed, might never happen!) my main question would be what factors would have to change and when to make it happen.
Old 12-08-2019, 23:40   #6086
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
If I were an Amazon shareholder I’d be furious, given how easy it is to turn a profit on £5bn of football rights, that they hadn’t even bid this time around. Not even a meagre “what Sky paid last time” bid, let alone a “blow them out the water one”.

If something hasn’t happened (and indeed, might never happen!) my main question would be what factors would have to change and when to make it happen.
The whole streamers winning the PL rights in the UK was bigger up by Scudamore (the then CEO of EPL) - presumably to try to scare Sky/BT to continue to substantially raise their bids (I suspect he got wind of their reluctance to do so and hyped up other interested parties to keep the rights going through the roof) this ploy obviously didn't work.

Yes, the streamers have 20 matches (all games from 2 midweek rounds in December) - minor package(s) no-one bid high enough for in the 1st round of bidding.

I have never seen a figure for how much Amazon paid, nor do I expect to as they pep rob ably signed a NDA to get them so cheaply.
Old 13-08-2019, 01:00   #6087
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

I can confirm, I have often been called incoherent.
Old 13-08-2019, 12:58   #6088
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Now TV HD and the addition of Now TV to the BT platform have been suspended indefinitely.
Old 13-08-2019, 13:26   #6089
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Now TV HD and the addition of Now TV to the BT platform have been suspended indefinitely.
Any source of that Richard?.
Old 13-08-2019, 14:22   #6090
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Any source of that Richard?.
BT delay: https://www.invernessreds.co.uk/dela...tnership-deal/

Now TV HD delay: https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/08/now-...st-trials.html
Closed Thread