Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 16-02-2017, 08:39   #496
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Spoken just like the modern day politicians of this country...
My linear channels thread is about the future, Den. The clue's in the title!
Advertisement
Old 16-02-2017, 08:43   #497
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
My linear channels thread is about the future, Den. The clue's in the title!
Is that in the future of 2098 or perhaps in the year 2156
Old 16-02-2017, 10:35   #498
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Is that in the future of 2098 or perhaps in the year 2156
I think your maths is a bit off there, old chap! We were talking about 20 years...

---------- Post added at 10:35 ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 ----------

Hopefully, Sony's takeover of TruTV will improve the programming on that channel.

http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2017/...utv-in-the-uk/
Old 16-02-2017, 13:09   #499
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Broadcast now reporting Discovery''s new channel will be female-skewed and is being dubbed 'Quest Red'.
Old 16-02-2017, 14:39   #500
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
Broadcast now reporting Discovery''s new channel will be female-skewed and is being dubbed 'Quest Red'.
We have seen rumour that Quest Red may launch as early as March 15th on Virgin Media UK.

http://advanced-television.com/2017/...k-fta-channel/

Also Sky Cinema Greats will become Sky Cinema Oscars from Monday until March 5th.

---------- Post added at 14:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

Quote:
Hopefully, Sony's takeover of TruTV will improve the programming on that channel.

http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2017/...utv-in-the-uk/
Move like:

TruTV closes with programming joining True Crime or Sony Channel and TruTV slot reuse for the relaunch of True Crime +1.

Sony did axe True Crime +1 on other networks yesterday.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 16-02-2017 at 13:49.
Old 16-02-2017, 20:36   #501
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
We have seen rumour that Quest Red may launch as early as March 15th on Virgin Media UK.

http://advanced-television.com/2017/...k-fta-channel/

Also Sky Cinema Greats will become Sky Cinema Oscars from Monday until March 5th.

---------- Post added at 14:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

Move like:

TruTV closes with programming joining True Crime or Sony Channel and TruTV slot reuse for the relaunch of True Crime +1.

Sony did axe True Crime +1 on other networks yesterday.
We don't have True Crime on VM do we? If TruTV is replaced by True Crime, maybe we will.
Old 17-02-2017, 21:02   #502
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
We don't have True Crime on VM do we? If TruTV is replaced by True Crime, maybe we will.
Follow the sale of TruTV to Sony, I expect that once the period of duel broadcasting of TruTV and True Crime ends and the 2 channels are merged, they will replace TruTV with True Crime on the Virgin EPG on 212.
Old 17-02-2017, 21:23   #503
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Follow the sale of TruTV to Sony, I expect that once the period of duel broadcasting of TruTV and True Crime ends and the 2 channels are merged, they will replace TruTV with True Crime on the Virgin EPG on 212.
Lets hope so, anything that increases channel parity is welcome IMO.
Old 18-02-2017, 11:39   #504
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

I suspect that Colours HD is not coming soon to Virgin Media, judging by this article.

http://www.rapidtvnews.com/201702184...#axzz4Z2Fxk4VY

Once again, Virgin is at the back of the queue for new channels, although at least we have the SD service. Nevertheless, it's a bit galling to see BT as well as Sky stealing a march on us.

Sadly, I don't think much is going to change where new channels are concerned, but hopefully VM can be the leaders in the provision of on demand content into the future.
Old 18-02-2017, 11:59   #505
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

-deleted wrong thread-

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

Quote:
I suspect that Colours HD is not coming soon to Virgin Media, judging by this article.

Once again, Virgin is at the back of the queue for new channels, although at least we have the SD service. Nevertheless, it's a bit galling to see BT as well as Sky stealing a march on us.

Sadly, I don't think much is going to change where new channels are concerned, but hopefully VM can be the leaders in the provision of on demand content into the future.
From what i can make out of the article BT are only managing the streams it is not going to be on BT TV,
come to think of it no international channels are on BTtv apart from the freeview ones.

Last edited by theone2k10; 18-02-2017 at 11:56. Reason: always have coffee before posting.
Old 18-02-2017, 12:21   #506
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

Why are you worrying about new channels OB as your consistent stance has been that most of them will disappear in time as in your knowledgeable opinion streaming becomes the be all and end all of our watching.
Old 18-02-2017, 12:36   #507
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Why are you worrying about new channels OB as your consistent stance has been that most of them will disappear in time as in your knowledgeable opinion streaming becomes the be all and end all of our watching.
Den. You do understand that the views I have expressed on streaming relate to 20 years hence, don't you (although we are already starting to see the changes in viewing habits that will lead to this - in my humble opinion!).

For the here and now, content is available either free or in existing subscriptions that you cannot yet pick up through streaming, at least free of additional charges. So why would I wish to deny myself that content on the basis of what I think may happen years from now? Don't you think that would be daft?

As for Colours TV, I raised it because that is yet another example of Virgin missing out. I don't watch that channel myself, but others do, and if we are viewed as second best to our competitors, this will mean fewer subscribers and less investment for our services.

Unless, of course, Virgin add substantial new exclusive content to our on demand services. They've made a start on that but they need to go much further and make this content more visible, too.
Old 18-02-2017, 12:49   #508
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
, I raised it because that is yet another example of Virgin missing out. I don't watch that channel myself, but others do, and if we are viewed as second best to our competitors, this will mean fewer subscribers and less investment for our services.

Bar Sky Atlantic, VM have plenty of channels. Adding channels adds to the cost, which gets added to our prices. I'm glad that VM don't go chasing every new channel.
Old 18-02-2017, 13:16   #509
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Bar Sky Atlantic, VM have plenty of channels. Adding channels adds to the cost, which gets added to our prices. I'm glad that VM don't go chasing every new channel.
I don't disagree with you, passingbat - I don't care that we haven't got the likes of Your TV, for example.

But we should get all of the good channels, such as Sky Atlantic, and although in a different league, AMC would be a useful addition, too. I believe that all channels we do get should now be in HD where available, given that this is the only way of getting a decent picture on larger screens. Given that Virgin are now offering UHD as part of their service, clearly they are looking to cater for those with the larger TV screens, so HD and UHD content must now form an important part of their strategy.

However, as I have said, as long as they make up for gaps elsewhere with sufficient OD alternatives, that would satisfy me.
Old 18-02-2017, 15:12   #510
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I don't disagree with you, passingbat - I don't care that we haven't got the likes of Your TV, for example.

But we should get all of the good channels, such as Sky Atlantic, and although in a different league, AMC would be a useful addition, too. I believe that all channels we do get should now be in HD where available, given that this is the only way of getting a decent picture on larger screens. Given that Virgin are now offering UHD as part of their service, clearly they are looking to cater for those with the larger TV screens, so HD and UHD content must now form an important part of their strategy.

However, as I have said, as long as they make up for gaps elsewhere with sufficient OD alternatives, that would satisfy me.
This will shock Den but i think AMC could do with launching on vm as it could help boost it's viewing numbers up quite a lot.
Closed Thread