Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 28-09-2017, 17:49   #2791
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l am sure l have heard that sentiment before if my memory serves me right.
At least I'm consistent.
Advertisement
Old 28-09-2017, 23:20   #2792
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Until Amazon muscle in on the action!
Yeah but we pay virgin media to provide a tv service time they got of there ass
Old 29-09-2017, 03:58   #2793
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Streams removed, parked on SID 952 (formerly 902), still technically parked on its old EPG slot but hidden from the EPG.

Rishtey Cineplex has launched on channel 828.
MTV Beats has launched on channel 841.
Are you able to tell which channels are encrypted via the scans?

The Ocean channel is encrypted on satellite, which seems odd if it is indeed an excercise by Sky to raise awareness of sea pollution.
Old 29-09-2017, 14:12   #2794
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Are you able to tell which channels are encrypted via the scans?

The Ocean channel is encrypted on satellite, which seems odd if it is indeed an excercise by Sky to raise awareness of sea pollution.
I guess it will be encrypted on VM as it's not a PSB or a radio service. Video and audio streams hadn't been added across the national network at the time of the scan so, obviously, no encryption either.

As pack flags hadn't been added at the time of the scan, it suggests that encryption hadn't been added at that point. Not that it really matters as it was only available on 5 internal networks.

I've not received any new scan data at this point but a quick check of http://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.ph...ng=fr&mux=C066 indicates that video and audio has now been added across the national network but that it isn't encrypted at this point.

Edit: I've just been informed that video / audio streams were rolled out across the national network at some point yesterday and that encryption has subsequently been added.

Last edited by jj20x; 29-09-2017 at 15:09.

Old 29-09-2017, 15:23   #2795
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Thanks.
Old 30-09-2017, 01:49   #2796
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Anyone else finding that RishteyCine isn't showing up in the international section?

Ch 828 only shows up in the full EPG listings
Old 30-09-2017, 04:11   #2797
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Anyone else finding that RishteyCine isn't showing up in the international section?

Yes.
Old 30-09-2017, 04:13   #2798
jj20x

Quote:

Because it is flagged as "Entertainment", as is Ch 840 Brit TV Asia. Another anomaly is "Really" which is in the General Entertainment number sequence of the EPG but is flagged as Lifestyle.

Interesting that "Entertainment" isn't actually selectable as a category on the EPG.

Old 30-09-2017, 20:49   #2799
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Because it is flagged as "Entertainment", as is Ch 840 Brit TV Asia. Another anomaly is "Really" which is in the General Entertainment number sequence of the EPG but is flagged as Lifestyle.

Interesting that "Entertainment" isn't actually selectable as a category on the EPG.
Odd isn't it, I wonder if these are oversights. If I were interested in foreign programming i'd go straight to the international section and probably miss it.

I think that Sky have a general entertainment section from what I remember.

Mickey & Pals closed this morning and reverted back to Disney XD +1.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 30-09-2017 at 20:54.
Old 01-10-2017, 15:44   #2800
jj20x

Quote:
It has pack flags for Player, More, Mix, M+, L/Fun & XL/Full House, so should have fairly comprehensive coverage.

---------- Post added at 14:44 ---------- Previous post was at 14:35 ----------

Quote:
Odd isn't it, I wonder if these are oversights. If I were interested in foreign programming i'd go straight to the international section and probably miss it.

I think that Sky have a general entertainment section from what I remember.
I suppose the reason for not making "Entertainment" selectable on VM is because the channels are at the top of the "All Channels" EPG anyway. I agree about the International section listings but don't know if it is an oversight or done at the request of the broadcaster but, either way, it is odd.

Quote:
Mickey & Pals closed this morning and reverted back to Disney XD +1.
Yes, the SDT changed overnight, as expected, but Mickey & Pals content continued until 6am. Channels traditionally schedule content from 6am to 6am rather than midnight to midnight.

Old 02-10-2017, 14:08   #2801
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

GOLD HD has launched on SKY channel 110, have vm had it too?
Old 02-10-2017, 14:11   #2802
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
No.
Old 02-10-2017, 14:18   #2803
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

As I posted earlier, I think that it will initially be a Sky exclusive channel.

Be interesting to see how this development affects any future UKTV channels going FTA.
Old 02-10-2017, 14:35   #2804
jj20x

Quote:
As I posted earlier, I think that it will initially be a Sky exclusive channel.

Be interesting to see how this development affects any future UKTV channels going FTA.
Future channels going FTA will probably follow the same pattern as seen with the closure of Blighty and the launch of Drama. The replacement of niche channels designed for pay-tv with channels covering a wider range of content, designed to increase the audience reach and make the channels more attractive to advertisers.

Last edited by jj20x; 02-10-2017 at 15:47.

Old 02-10-2017, 15:28   #2805
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
No, but I think we got the better arrangement by keeping Eden HD, which I believe Sky no longer have with this change. I assume that has actually transpired as predicted?
Closed Thread