Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | RPBlock on my line

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

RPBlock on my line

Old 16-05-2018, 09:25   #1
ubdai
Inactive

ubdai is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry RPBlock on my line

Can someone tell me what an RPBlock is please.

The VM call centre said they had placed one on my line due to noise issues.

Its funny this because on Sunday night it was working perfectly and then at 1300 on Monday the problem started. They said I must have interfered with the cable or connection point, funny this as nothing has been touched in the past 2years.
The only new thing is the issues with the network in the CM19 area according to the status page which they are working on.

If any RPBlock can be put on remotely why can it also not be removed remotely as I now have to take time off work to allow VM engineer to check the setup and line.

Not a happy bunny!

Thanks
Ubdai.
ubdai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-05-2018, 09:29   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: RPBlock on my line

never heard of it and tbh I think it is just bullshit from the call centre because they have no idea what they are doing and I will be flabbergasted if they have access to any sort of technical information like that which would let them know what is wrong with your line. The most they can do afaik is look at a database of fault references (known issues in your area) and what the estimated fix time is. Anything else they have to send a tech out for to diagnose and fix. I know it is an inconvenience having to stay in for a tech but at least they are sending one out and he'll get to the bottom of it. Faulty connections can creat on the line and can have serious ramifications on the network as a whole and not just your line/connection so it does need to be fixed.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2018, 11:40   #3
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Have a read of this over on the VM forum about Return Path Block (RPBlock).

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...K/td-p/3527257
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2018, 16:49   #4
Neo-Tech
Inactive

Neo-Tech is on a distinguished roadNeo-Tech is on a distinguished road

Had my line blocked over a year ago due to "noise issues" being caused by my cabling. The engineer replaced the coax cable inside the property, replaced my SuperHub with another SuperHub 1, which didn't work so he ended up fitting a SuperHub 2 instead and all's been well since.

My cabling was very old (at least 10 years or so, maybe even more).
Neo-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote