Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rugby World Cup 2011

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rugby World Cup 2011
View Poll Results: Who do you think will win the 2011 Rugby Union World Cup?
Canada 1 3.33%
France 0 0%
Japan 0 0%
New Zealand 8 26.67%
Tonga 0 0%
Argentina 0 0%
England 8 26.67%
Georgia 0 0%
Romania 0 0%
Scotland 0 0%
Australia 2 6.67%
Ireland 2 6.67%
Italy 0 0%
Russia 0 0%
USA 0 0%
Fiji 0 0%
Namibia 1 3.33%
Samoa 0 0%
South Africa 6 20.00%
Wales 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2011, 09:39   #166
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Rugby World Cup 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well l tipped South Africa for the world cup and now as england are going out its now come on you Springboks.
No no, apparently the rules state you should be getting behind other home nations. At least that's what the rest of us get told when England are the only home nation team left in a tournament

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2011, 09:44   #167
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
No no, apparently the rules state you should be getting behind other home nations. At least that's what the rest of us get told when England are the only home nation team left in a tournament
You got no chance on me getting behind the other home nations as l somehow cannot see that many getting behind England.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:45   #168
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

You sir are truly, truly English

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 08-10-2011, 09:47   #169
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I support the teams I have a direct association with and only them. I don't swap to teams I don't have a direct association with (and in order of support)..

SA as they were the original team I ever watched as a child as I lived in SA. England as it's my place of birth and Wales due to being an 1/8th Welsh.

I hate it when people switch from team to team to team just because their team is either doing bad or they want to try to look good to other forum members.

PS.. great try for England
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:02   #170
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

I'm 1/2 scottish, 1/4 american, 1/4 polish (if you take grandparents). So I'm hoping Poland decide to get into Rugby, otherwise for now I'll cheer Wales, Ireland, and whomever takes my fancy
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:05   #171
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Old 08-10-2011, 10:21   #172
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
I'm 1/2 scottish, 1/4 american, 1/4 polish (if you take grandparents). So I'm hoping Poland decide to get into Rugby, otherwise for now I'll cheer Wales, Ireland, and whomever takes my fancy
Polish have had a RU national team for over 50 years..

I'm just peeved off with those that switch allegiance purely because they think that they'll then be supporting the winning side

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 ----------

Well that's French time wasting for you
Old 08-10-2011, 10:22   #173
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Full time score

France 19 England 12

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/ma...+english+dream
Old 08-10-2011, 10:22   #174
Kymmy
Inactive

And England are out of the RUWC
Old 08-10-2011, 11:18   #175
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Well played Wales. I thought the refereeing at the breakdown was atrocious but no excuses Wales were excellent and their defense was epic.
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 13:39   #176
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Haven't seen much of the match yet but from what I've heard and Osem Jnr's match report, England appeared to have run out of 'get out of jail' cards and not learned anything very much from last week's game. By all accounts another very sloppy first half against what they expected (i.e. a highly motivated French side with nothing to lose and a lot to prove) followed by a better second half, a couple of tries and a some good chances missed. The fact that England have tended to play badly in the first 40 mins. then get better says something worrying about the on field leadership IMHO, which is where I believe the major problem must lie. Johnson has clearly managed to motivate his troops and kick arses where needed during the various half times, but the senior players clearly haven't been able to do this on the park. Possibly a narrow loss against Scotland (as with France v Tonga) would've served the team's overall purpose better but England's players can only look to themselves and feel they've come up short for no good reason, missing a golden opportunity to progress in what's the easier side of the draw. They've shown they can defend, create chances and score tries but for some reason that hasn't been enough to translate into success when it really matters. That's probably what'll hurt them the most.

With what should be a tough but safe victory tomorrow, on paper NZ must be favourites to go all the way to the final now. The SA v. Australia quarter final could go either way in what would've made a very creditable climax to the tournament but winning that match may take too much out of the victors for them to be able repeat the heroics in a semi against the All Blacks. For me, the All Blacks will progress to and start the final as massive favourites but that may just be their undoing....

Interesting times ahead for rugby lovers.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 19:53   #177
denphone
Still alive and fighting

England players back Martin Johnson after World Cup defeat to France

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011...martin-johnson
Old 08-10-2011, 20:53   #178
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
England players back Martin Johnson after World Cup defeat to France

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011...martin-johnson
I think certain of the England team have let Johnson down NOT the other way around and I don't think he should necessarily back them.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 21:03   #179
denphone
Still alive and fighting

l feel Johnson was a great leader when he was playing but have never been convinced by him as a coach.
Old 08-10-2011, 21:07   #180
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Why wouldn't they back him? They lost a game and they're out of the World Cup, this has happened during each WC tournament bar one since 1987.

Vote #AnyoneButTory