Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Utility companies - price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Utility companies - price rises

Old 18-10-2013, 11:08   #76
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
re: [MERGED] Utility companies - price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidge41 View Post
Where's that?
I've seen quite a few on youtube. seems the norm now since we found out that the BBC were employing pedo's that those who film them when they come round are scared that they're pedo's too.

just search TV licence goons or whatever on youtube.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-10-2013, 11:26   #77
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Bad news everyone SSE to raise energy prices aprox 8.2 %

I actually had an old lady refuse to consider moving from BG as "they make nice gas and electricity, and I don't want rubbish stuff".
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2013, 11:43   #78
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I actually had an old lady refuse to consider moving from BG as "they make nice gas and electricity, and I don't want rubbish stuff".
you just can not help some people lol
Old 18-10-2013, 12:03   #79
multiskilled
cf.geek

Services: Player tv , V6, phone l, bb 100Meg.
multiskilled has reached the bronze age
multiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze age

I've just had the garden landscaped and I don't want them digging it up to put their pipes and wires in.Other wise I would switch.
Old 18-10-2013, 12:38   #80
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I'd love it if they were ALL only allowed to change prices on one specific date... a lot of squeaky bums in boardrooms as they try to set their prices so as not to be the most expensive and therefore lose customers en masse.

"Taking it in turns" to announce price changes sets the goalposts for their rivals to beat or equal.

And surely, if there was only one no-profit "body" that bought gas/electricity wholesale for the UK market, it would have more clout in keeping wholesale prices down?
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2013, 14:34   #81
Nidge41
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky TV, VM 100Meg Broadband
Nidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
I've seen quite a few on youtube. seems the norm now since we found out that the BBC were employing pedo's that those who film them when they come round are scared that they're pedo's too.

just search TV licence goons or whatever on youtube.

Ha ha I didn't know that was on You Tube. Seems like many people are in the same mind as me when it comes to TV licences.
Nidge41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2013, 16:02   #82
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidge41 View Post
Ha ha I didn't know that was on You Tube. Seems like many people are in the same mind as me when it comes to TV licences.
The police ones are quite good too. but keep away from the 'Law and Statute' ones.
they do your nut in
Old 18-10-2013, 16:07   #83
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Back on-topic.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2013, 14:20   #84
everyday

Haven't had the heating on this year yet because I find a dressing gown keeps me warm and with these price rises going up might have to invest in a onesie or a thick wearable blanket.

It's silly, Most of my gas bills are the standing charges these days!
Old 19-10-2013, 16:55   #85
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyday View Post
Haven't had the heating on this year yet because I find a dressing gown keeps me warm and with these price rises going up might have to invest in a onesie or a thick wearable blanket.
Yeah yeah, people will use any excuse for purchasing a onesie....
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 08:33   #86
Nidge41
Permanently Banned

Nidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of lightNidge41 is a glorious beacon of light

What a helmet Cameron is.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...g-jumpers.html

http://nationalcollective.com/2013/1...ter-solutions/

Old 20-10-2013, 09:03   #87
Gary L
cf.mega poster

In years to come we will look back and see just how much of a toff and a prat Dave really was.

so will he.
Old 20-10-2013, 10:11   #88
Nidge41
Permanently Banned

Quote:
In years to come we will look back and see just how much of a toff and a prat Dave really was.

so will he.
You can see that now, we won't have to look back.
Old 20-10-2013, 10:19   #89
Gary L
cf.mega poster

True.

what gets on my nerves is how we have to keep asking what Dave suggests we do. as if we're all stupid and walking around trying to be cool like Dave in just our rolled up sleeves shirt. we need to be told to wear a jumper.

I'd like to buy a jumper. Dave suggests I wear a jumper.

how does he know we're not wearing a bloody jumper already?
Old 20-10-2013, 10:30   #90
Nidge41
Permanently Banned

Quote:
True.

what gets on my nerves is how we have to keep asking what Dave suggests we do. as if we're all stupid and walking around trying to be cool like Dave in just our rolled up sleeves shirt. we need to be told to wear a jumper.

I'd like to buy a jumper. Dave suggests I wear a jumper.

how does he know we're not wearing a bloody jumper already?
You just couldn't make it up could you? Mind you did we expect anything else from a private educated Toff?