Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 22:52   #526
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I'd rather have RTE!
I'd rather have tea!
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2018, 23:07   #527
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Freesports is now available on TV Player leaving Virgin Media as the only TV provider in the UK not to carry it.
Thanks for that. By the way there is a petition you can sign to get it on VM

https://www.change.org/p/add-the-fre...irgin-media-uk
Old 05-03-2018, 16:45   #528
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Is Oireachtas TV still on VM Ireland?
Virgin Media Ireland's TV Anywhere says it still broadcasting on Virgin Media Ireland.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 05-03-2018, 21:36   #529
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Any petition, which l have signed. VM will NOT listen to customers. If they did, we would have SA
They are quick enough to put prices up. But not quick enough to put on a FREE TO AIR CHANNEL
Old 05-03-2018, 21:46   #530
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
A
They are quick enough to put prices up. But not quick enough to put on a FREE TO AIR CHANNEL
Lol, that's true enough!
Old 05-03-2018, 22:33   #531
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Lol, that's true enough!

Quite agree, absolutely disgraceful that we haven't got Freesports by now.

Why do VM take so long to sort these things out?
Old 05-03-2018, 23:08   #532
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Quite agree, absolutely disgraceful that we haven't got Freesports by now.

Why do VM take so long to sort these things out?
As Free Sports IS own by Premier Sports their may wait until Virgin's UK Deal with Premier Sports to add both Premier Sports HD and Freesports.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 06-03-2018, 08:54   #533
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

And perhaps eventually we will get Freeview Sports HD by the time that happens
Old 06-03-2018, 13:18   #534
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
And perhaps eventually we will get Freeview Sports HD by the time that happens
Maybe they are waiting for the HD version. The channel in standard definition does not look great.

In the meantime, anyone without an aerial desperate to see Freesports can view it on the TV Player.

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/03/...-tvplayer.html
Old 06-03-2018, 14:07   #535
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Maybe they are waiting for the HD version. The channel in standard definition does not look great.

In the meantime, anyone without an aerial desperate to see Freesports can view it on the TV Player.

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/03/...-tvplayer.html
Thanks for that Oldboy, we are not able to get FreeSport via freeview here.
Old 06-03-2018, 21:27   #536
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I know that l whinge about VM. At the end of the day, its US that end up paying for a second rate Tv cable company.

I cannot persuade my wife to ditch VM altogether. I have got so fed with price increases, There promise of 'to give the customer the value for money'

While their directors lap up free lunches and playing golf all the time.
When they asked us what we want - we don't get it.

They put on tv channels that most people don't want. We have been offered SA so many times by Sky. But, VM have said that its too expensive.

Freesport - is a FREE TO AIR CHANNEL, and VM still don't have it. It doesn't matter if contracts are with another company - Premier Sports.

All directors have to do is sit round a table and thrash a deal out.

The VM sales team were out in force today in Hounslow. When they asked me, l said ' my wife said we are with VM already. I said, the sooner it goes the better. Instead of saying, why ?, can we get you a better deal to stay' the guy walked away. And said 'never mind'

Some company reps try there best to keep customers. But l think customers will simply walk away from VM, after April - when l believe prices are going up again.

And then in six months, they will do the same again.

And especially, if its true that Sky will go down the same road and get cables. Like it said in the press.
Old 06-03-2018, 23:25   #537
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Old 07-03-2018, 07:27   #538
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Been there. Done that. Got the teashirt.
Old 07-03-2018, 10:42   #539
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I know that l whinge about VM. At the end of the day, its US that end up paying for a second rate Tv cable company.

I cannot persuade my wife to ditch VM altogether. I have got so fed with price increases, There promise of 'to give the customer the value for money'

While their directors lap up free lunches and playing golf all the time.
When they asked us what we want - we don't get it.

They put on tv channels that most people don't want. We have been offered SA so many times by Sky. But, VM have said that its too expensive.

Freesport - is a FREE TO AIR CHANNEL, and VM still don't have it. It doesn't matter if contracts are with another company - Premier Sports.

All directors have to do is sit round a table and thrash a deal out.

The VM sales team were out in force today in Hounslow. When they asked me, l said ' my wife said we are with VM already. I said, the sooner it goes the better. Instead of saying, why ?, can we get you a better deal to stay' the guy walked away. And said 'never mind'

Some company reps try there best to keep customers. But l think customers will simply walk away from VM, after April - when l believe prices are going up again.

And then in six months, they will do the same again.

And especially, if its true that Sky will go down the same road and get cables. Like it said in the press.
What makes you think Sky's wired service will carry FTA channels automatically. These channels currently only pay Sky for an EPG listing. Something here is making me think Sky are heading for a hybrid service with this offering, supplemented by either Freeview or a dish.
Old 07-03-2018, 17:32   #540
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
What makes you think Sky's wired service will carry FTA channels automatically. These channels currently only pay Sky for an EPG listing. Something here is making me think Sky are heading for a hybrid service with this offering, supplemented by either Freeview or a dish.
Now TV provide FTA channels, so I don't see why the Sky internet TV system won't. In fact, it won't be such an attractive proposition without it.

The big question really is whether the Sky internet TV service will be on demand/streaming only. I don't think it will be (at least at this stage) but I wouldn't rule it out either.

Having said that, Sky make too much money from advertising on their channels, so my bets are on a live tv option being very prominent on their UI, at least for the next decade.
Closed Thread