Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Police to get tough on internet trolls.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Old 07-02-2019, 19:59   #526
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Then you get sites even like this one where you can't really say what you want. Can't mention Trump, can't mention guns.
We have no such rules.

Hell, some of us on CF own guns, why would we stop anyone mentioning them.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2019, 20:01   #527
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
If you feel you need someone to “filter” your posts can you honestly say that makes you a good judge of whether they’re successful?

If you genuinely need an explanation then I’d say it’s pretty likely you’ll never understand. Some people (not myself) would be insulted and offended at what you posted. Perhaps they’d be able to use this new legislation against you for it?
I don't use a third party to filter my posts. I deem them to be successful because of the cases where I have have taken matters further, I have been succeeded in getting things changed.

If you aren't prepared to explain what you're talking about and why a particular post could be construed as insulting/offensive then I am unable to help you with this any further.

The legislation will be open to you as well as everyone else, but you will obviously be expected to state exactly what the issue is

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 19:00 ----------

Quote:
RichardCoulter - Hence my Oh dear. Yet you can't see it can you.
See what? Are you able to explain exactly what "it" is?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 20:04   #528
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I don't use a third party to filter my posts. I deem them to be successful because of the cases where I have have taken matters further, I have been succeeded in getting things changed.

If you aren't prepared to explain what you're talking about and why a particular post could be construed as insulting/offensive then I am unable to help you with this any further.

The legislation will be open to you as well as everyone else, but you will obviously be expected to state exactly what the issue is

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 19:00 ----------

See what? Are you able to explain exactly what "it" is?
Okay, because you have an disability which makes you incapable of understanding certain things. I'll treat you really special like no other because you deserve it. - Does that sound offending to you or even slightly condescending in any way? What if the person wants to be treated like anyone else. Those that aren't defined by their disabilities and want to be well, just 'normal'. What you said was in fact bang out of order.
Old 07-02-2019, 20:04   #529
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
It's okay Mick. Everyone is aware your decision is final.
Really ?
To quote a recently well used phrase here "that's a new one on me"

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 20:08   #530
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Yeah if that is indeed true I think you’ll find it’s likely you got your own way for other reasons.

Quote:
Please don’t allow there to be any confusion in this so pay particular attention: it will be a cold day in Hell before I’d want, need or seek any help from you

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 20:08   #531
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Really ?
Well it's not like you say much here or overrule certain people is it. Only when required. Such as now.
Old 07-02-2019, 20:09   #532
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Actually I didn't take it as resolved. You personally accused me of something I didn't do and threatened legal action because I was asking you for evidence which you wouldn't provide (it didn't exist). I decided to leave the matter to the mods to deal with because I couldn't be bothered with the routine as I had other important matters to deal with. The point being, it's just not vulnerable people that need protecting and the case above which was my example proves this. I personally did nothing wrong and was threatened with legal action.

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 18:55 ----------

If you didn't take it as resolved you should have raised it with Mick at the time instead of waiting for six months to do so.

You weren't threatened with legal action for your discriminatory comment, you were told to stop harrassing me by PM and refused.

Details of said comment have been kept on file...

I have already accepted and agreed that those in non protected groups have remedies open to them. In fact, this may be the only way for this to be resolved
Old 07-02-2019, 20:13   #533
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Really ?
It's really got me confuddled.com all this talk of pandering me*, you*, us*, (*delete as appropriate) in fact, we're so pandered so much, we didn't feel the need to introduce the timeouts recently for persistent infighting members....

Oh wait...
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 20:13   #534
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:

Details of said comment have been kept on file...
See?? You just don’t get it!!

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 07-02-2019, 20:14   #535
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Okay, because you have an disability which makes you incapable of understanding certain things. I'll treat you really special like no other because you deserve it. - Does that sound offending to you or even slightly condescending in any way? What if the person wants to be treated like anyone else. Those that aren't defined by their disabilities and want to be well, just 'normal'. What you said was in fact bang out of order.
Thank you. Assuming that this is also what Russ was getting at, the answer is simple.

People have a moral and certain legal duties to make adjustments when dealing with disabled people and their vastly varying conditions.

For example, not taking into account the fact that someone is autistic is akin to admonishing a wheelchair user for not standing up in church!
Old 07-02-2019, 20:14   #536
peanut
NUTS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It's really got me confuddled.com all this talk of pandering me*, you*, us*, (*delete as appropriate) in fact, we're so pandered so much, we didn't feel the need to introduce the timeouts recently for persistent infighting members....

Oh wait...
Just you Mick. Everyone else is cool.
Old 07-02-2019, 20:16   #537
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Yeah if that is indeed true I think you’ll find it’s likely you got your own way for other reasons.

Please don’t allow there to be any confusion in this so pay particular attention: it will be a cold day in Hell before I’d want, need or seek any help from you
I see that you are resorting to rudeness and (deliberately or otherwise) failing to convey what you actually mean, so I am now bringing our conversation to a close.
Old 07-02-2019, 20:17   #538
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Just you Mick. Everyone else is cool.
Aww dang, we're really doing this playground stuff - I miss being coolest kid on the block. Not.

And just checking - nope, my question has still not been answered, pandered not so much then.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 20:18   #539
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:

People have a moral and certain legal duties to make adjustments when dealing with disabled people and their vastly varying conditions
Do they also have moral and legal duties to make thinly-veiled passive aggressive pops dressed up as “compassion” too?

What if a disabled person has made it crystal clear that they do not want or need your “adjustments”? Why would you take it on yourself to override their request?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 07-02-2019, 20:19   #540
peanut
NUTS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Aww dang, we're really doing this playground stuff - I miss being coolest kid on the block. Not.

And just checking - nope, my question has still not been answered, pandered not so much then.
What can I say. You won't like what I have to say and above all you won't accept anything I can say. So what's the point. Just live with the fact that we do.