Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Weather

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Weather

Old 28-06-2011, 15:21   #61
Pauls9
Inactive

Services: VM TVM HD, BBL, phone; BT phone; Freeview.
Pauls9 has reached the bronze age
Pauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze age
Re: Weather

Yesterday: forecast of possible heavy showers. Take rain jacket to work. Result: dry all day.
Today: forecast of possible heavy showers. Forget to take rain jacket to work. Result: thunder, lightning and stair rods. Hope it clears by the time I have to walk to the station!

Still, at least the temperature and humidity have improved.
Pauls9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-06-2011, 16:10   #62
TJS
Inactive

Services: 50 Mb broadband; TV XL V+ & V, Phone XL
TJS is just really niceTJS is just really niceTJS is just really niceTJS is just really niceTJS is just really niceTJS is just really nice

Its just overcast and warm here today.

Also stupidly low humidity for england atm

It's rare to see it below 70% in the west-mids
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 16:13   #63
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Cloudy but bright here ... 17 degrees, quite a scorcher compared to recent weeks.

I'm off out to clean the windows. The outdoor jobs have been fairly piling up lately. The grass needs cutting as well, but the lawn is such a swamp right now I'm going to have to leave it at least until the weekend.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 16:16   #64
TJS
Inactive

Services: 50 Mb broadband; TV XL V+ & V, Phone XL
TJS is just really niceTJS is just really niceTJS is just really niceTJS is just really niceTJS is just really niceTJS is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Cloudy but bright here ... 17 degrees, quite a scorcher compared to recent weeks.

I'm off out to clean the windows. The outdoor jobs have been fairly piling up lately. The grass needs cutting as well, but the lawn is such a swamp right now I'm going to have to leave it at least until the weekend.
I don't envy you; our old house had just under 1/4 acre of lawns, but due to the house being old the stone walls surrounding it were listed so you could only get a push mower to them; took a good 2 hours to do the front and back gardens!
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 16:20   #65
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

No such considerations here ... lots of lawn to do but lots of petrol to power the mower also

The windows are the worse job, we have a lot of bats in the walls and they make a bit of a mess of the windows throughout the summer.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 18:54   #66
AdamD
cf.mega poster

Services: VM 50Mb
AdamD has reached the bronze age
AdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze age

Rumbling thunder for about 3 hours today in Worthing, had a breif powerspike which shut off the TV and media player when we were watching Lord of the rings, grr :P

And it's hot/humid, if only I could move to Scotland.
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 19:50   #67
tosh mate
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV L 20MB BB
tosh mate has reached the bronze age
tosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze age

It's now overcast and 16C here with a strong breeze and there have been a few attempt's at rain LOL
tosh mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 20:37   #68
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I have blue skies and a balmy 20C. French doors open and listening to the neighbours cutting their grass. Very soothing.
Old 28-06-2011, 20:39   #69
tosh mate
Inactive

tosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I have blue skies and a balmy 20C. French doors open and listening to the neighbours cutting their grass. Very soothing.
Sound's Perfect Jo
Old 28-06-2011, 20:46   #70
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosh mate View Post
Sound's Perfect Jo
Well it would be if I could move the lump Riley off my knee so that I could get up a make a cup of tea. I haven't the heart to disturb him as the warmth has had all the insects out to-day and being the big fearless hunter has fair worn him out.

Did you know that Bluebottles crunch, no? well they do when our Riley finishes them of after first giving them a nice suck. YUk YUK YUK
Old 28-06-2011, 20:49   #71
tosh mate
Inactive

Quote:
Well it would be if I could move the lump Riley off my knee so that I could get up a make a cup of tea. I haven't the heart to disturb him as the warmth has had all the insects out to-day and being the big fearless hunter has fair worn him out.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww lol, Well when Riley let's You up can I have two sugars in mine Please lol
Old 28-06-2011, 21:29   #72
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Did you know that Bluebottles crunch, no? well they do when our Riley finishes them of after first giving them a nice suck. YUk YUK YUK
Yuk that sounds disgusting. Do you not have a turn in your stomach after watching him eating the blue bottles?
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2018, 12:13   #73
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

I know i'm bumping an old thread but this summer is turning in to something quite remarkable.

So much sunshine over the past 2 months and looks like there's no end in sight. 28C already up here this morning when most summers we're lucky to get over 20C, it's glorious.

Could do with a day or two of rain though as the grass is starting to go very brown but doesn't seem like that's going to happen for at least a week.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2018, 12:24   #74
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

The weather in Glasgow is crazy hot right now. Expected to reach 32 degrees today.
Old 28-06-2018, 12:24   #75
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Yep - an occasional thunderstorm would be good - during the work day so not to spoil the weekend.