Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Vintage tv

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Vintage tv

Old 12-08-2018, 12:15   #1
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Vintage tv

Has Vintage TV moved on the Sky EPG or has it been removed altogether? It's normally in the music section.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2018, 12:25   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Vintage tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Has Vintage TV moved on the Sky EPG or has it been removed altogether? It's normally in the music section.

When i was flicking the channels on VM yesterday a message popped up saying there was a problem/issue with the supplier.

According to this link it is due back on Wednesday 15th although this is an estimate.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/11/vintage-tv-gone-7826541/
Old 12-08-2018, 16:53   #3
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
When i was flicking the channels on VM yesterday a message popped up saying there was a problem/issue with the supplier.

According to this link it is due back on Wednesday 15th although this is an estimate.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/11/vintage-tv-gone-7826541/
OK will keep an eye on this. On Sky there is nothing at all.
Old 13-08-2018, 01:30   #4
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Yeah, they reckon they are working on making it better. But from what I can see on Twitter, it looks like they might be moving to an online only thing. Hope not, I do like listening to Vintage TV.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 03:47   #5
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
OK will keep an eye on this. On Sky there is nothing at all.
The EPG slot has been removed by Sky because all the feed is broadcasting is black level and tone.

VM (who source their feed from the same satellite signal as Sky) have put up a slate explaining that the channel is experiencing 'technical difficulties'.

Unfortunately, it's widely speculated that this channel has financial problems and is looking for new funding. The explanation for temporarily removing it from Sky & VM is to 'make the channel more widely available as possible'!?

I suspect if it survives it may go online only, or be broadcast via IPTV or VOD to cut costs.

Their online feed went offline too, but was back on last time I checked:

http://watch.vintage.tv/live-tv/

Some people have been casting this to their TV as an alternative way to carry on watching the channel for the time being.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 10:48   #6
telegramsam
telegramsam

I can see why they're in financial difficulties. On the one hand they're a very popular channel but like me most viewers only watch for short periods of time. If they do go on line only then I'm afraid I won't be watching anymore,too much of a faffing on.
Old 13-08-2018, 14:34   #7
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I can see why they're in financial difficulties. On the one hand they're a very popular channel but like me most viewers only watch for short periods of time. If they do go on line only then I'm afraid I won't be watching anymore,too much of a faffing on.
I fear that you won't be alone, even though broadcasting online will be much cheaper for them.
Old 13-08-2018, 23:22   #8
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Social Media post from Vintage TV:

Vintage TV We won't be coming back to Freeview. We're in talks to come back to Virgin and we'll be back on Sky before the end of the month.
Old 14-08-2018, 07:42   #9
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I watch it from time to time but hadn't even noticed it was gone to be honest.
Old 23-09-2018, 21:49   #10
telegramsam
telegramsam

Still not back on Sky,doesn't look good,does it?
Old 24-09-2018, 01:03   #11
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
The channel currently exclusively broadcasts online but have said they will return to Sky sometime in the future.
Pretty unspecific.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 03:53   #12
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Still not back on Sky,doesn't look good,does it?
It briefly broadcast off the Sky EPG before disappearing again and their internet stream currently has a scrolling banner that says "This channel has not been paid for". I don't think it will be returning unfortunately.
Old 24-09-2018, 13:23   #13
telegramsam
telegramsam

It's a shame if it doesn't come back as (unless I'mmistaken) there isn't any other music channel that caters for fans of 50's,60's and 70's music. I know there's You Tube but I don't really class that as a channel
Old 24-09-2018, 13:41   #14
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Well apparently, they've got a new carriage arrangement with SKY (according to their website) and to keep an eye out for details. Nothing about being back on Virgin Media though, sadly.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 14:01   #15
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

They did say that they were in negotiations to return to VM and that they had a new carriage deal with Sky.

Seems odd that this would be required for VM seeing as they were being carried anyway. Also, FTA channels don't get offered deals on Sky. They simply pay Sky a set fee for EPG inclusion which cannot be discounted for any channel due to regulations that govern the administration of the EPG.

Sadly, it sounds like more BS from them. This all started when they said that they were being temporarily removed from Sky in order to reach more people!?