Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2019, 11:52   #6211
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
In view of the warnings about a hard brexit who is stockpiling and what are you stockpiling?

I'm not sure whether to do so as lack of space will be my issue. I just hope that the medication I'm prescribed will still be available.I'm already having trouble with one product..
Biggest issue with medication is the limits GPs put on renewals. I really had to fight to get one prescription renewed as I was told to take a double dose for a month, so ran out a month early.
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2019, 12:01   #6212
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
Biggest issue with medication is the limits GPs put on renewals. I really had to fight to get one prescription renewed as I was told to take a double dose for a month, so ran out a month early.
l can concur with you on that as l have had several issues about some of my medications with my surgery.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:22   #6213
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Erm yes it was said there could be issues, it was still worth the risk because I wanted to leave the totally corrupted EU. 90% of the World Future Trade growth, sounds a lot better than a declining 10% economic bubble, that will be the EU.

However, Pierre has repeatedly stated he voted Remain. But unlike you, respects the Democratic result.
My recollection of the Leave campaign is that they did not make it clear that a Leave vote would risk short to medium term harm to the country. As for Pierre, he does support the "mandate" that the Leave result delivered. This "mandate" does not validate the option of short to medium term harm as it was not on the table during the campaign.

So, consequently, the only deal that comes close (ish) to being validated by the Leave "mandate" is Mrs May's. Having said that, I do not recognise the result as a democratic decision for the variety of reasons I have mentioned numerous times previously in this thread.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:32   #6214
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
In view of the warnings about a hard brexit who is stockpiling and what are you stockpiling?

I'm not sure whether to do so as lack of space will be my issue. I just hope that the medication I'm prescribed will still be available.I'm already having trouble with one product..
I don't think that there will be a hard Brexit and I'm not hoarding anything, but this Breakfast food infographic is interesting.
https://assets.kpmg/content/dam/kpmg...nfographic.pdf
Old 12-01-2019, 12:35   #6215
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
My recollection of the Leave campaign is that they did not make it clear that a Leave vote would risk short to medium term harm to the country. As for Pierre, he does support the "mandate" that the Leave result delivered. This "mandate" does not validate the option of short to medium term harm as it was not on the table during the campaign.

So, consequently, the only deal that comes close (ish) to being validated by the Leave "mandate" is Mrs May's. Having said that, I do not recognise the result as a democratic decision for the variety of reasons I have mentioned numerous times previously in this thread.
But despite all the lies from “Both” Leave and Remain camps. Had Remain won, you would had no problem recognising the result and we would miraculously not be having this discussion.

The fact you want yet another referendum, that would be just as bad in the first with scare stories etc and Leave won again on similar %s, should we keep going until we get the result you want, bearing in mind that there will still be people not old enough to vote etc etc.... ?
Old 12-01-2019, 13:17   #6216
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:

I've been stockpiling medication where I can and have increased my stock of tinned goods (i'm lucky in that space isn't an issue).

They say that people shouldn't stockpile as this in itself will cause shortages, but I cannot risk running out of essential medication and need food to take some of it with. I simply daren't risk not doing anything else as I don't trust this incompetent Government and their approach to Brexit.

They are now only just doing very limited tests with lorries being held up and seconding civil servants to deal with the matter, they have made promises which turned out to be lies and changed their minds at the last minute etc.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 12-01-2019 at 13:23.
Old 12-01-2019, 13:29   #6217
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

We're not stockpiling as there's quite enough food in the cupboards and freezers to last several months. I make the bread anyway and we don't use milk except dried for cooking.

It's only some imported fresh veg, tomatoes and brocolli have been mentioned, that might be affected. The millennials will just have to do without avocados for a while.
Old 12-01-2019, 14:40   #6218
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
We're not stockpiling as there's quite enough food in the cupboards and freezers to last several months. I make the bread anyway and we don't use milk except dried for cooking.

It's only some imported fresh veg, tomatoes and brocolli have been mentioned, that might be affected. The millennials will just have to do without avocados for a while.
l read this the other day on our reliance on food and feed sourced from abroad.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ad-study-finds
Old 12-01-2019, 14:51   #6219
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Planning for extra crops in the allotment this year; still self sufficient in pumpkins/leeks/parsnips and will be for some time...
Have tried stockpiling wine but it never quite works out
Old 12-01-2019, 14:53   #6220
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post

... and it's fresh things that we can't stockpile.
Old 12-01-2019, 14:56   #6221
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Get a goat Richard , milk, cheese, little space needed and will keep the weeds, and everything else down. I'm tempted to get one !
Old 12-01-2019, 14:57   #6222
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Planning for extra crops in the allotment this year; still self sufficient in pumpkins/leeks/parsnips and will be for some time...
Have tried stockpiling wine but it never quite works out
������

On films about dystopian societies, they often have people pinching things from allotments or petrol for generators etc I hope we don't end up like that

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

Quote:
Get a goat Richard , milk, cheese, little space needed and will keep the weeds, and everything else down. I'm tempted to get one !
Haha now that's an idea. I'll swap you some milk for some of your leeks
Old 12-01-2019, 14:57   #6223
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
And its the perishables which could be in short supply and if that happens then the price is highly likely to shoot up.
Old 12-01-2019, 14:59   #6224
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
And its the perishables which could be in short supply and if that happens then the price is highly likely to shoot up.
Well, the weather last year has apparently affected crops, so vegetables are due to go up in price anyway. Another reason i've been stockpiling tinned stuff.
Old 12-01-2019, 15:28   #6225
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Had one they stink and upset the neighbours.

---------- Post added at 15:27 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

Quote:
Well, the weather last year has apparently affected crops, so vegetables are due to go up in price anyway. Another reason i've been stockpiling tinned stuff.
Potatoes are quite small this year.

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

Quote:
������

On films about dystopian societies, they often have people pinching things from allotments or petrol for generators etc I hope we don't end up like that:(

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

Haha now that's an idea. I'll swap you some milk for some of your leeks
I gave up my allotment because we are already there.