Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | DrAwesome's Useful ADSL Info & News

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other ISPs Discussion

DrAwesome's Useful ADSL Info & News

Old 31-03-2004, 18:58   #46
DrAwesome
Inactive

DrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DrAwesome Send a message via MSN to DrAwesome
Cool BT fire: update

The chaos caused by Monday's underground cable fire in Manchester appears to be easing, according to the latest update from BT.

As of 7.00am this morning, seven of the 41 cables destroyed by the fire have been repaired and a couple more are nearing completion. Others are expected to be repaired throughout the day.

So far around 20,000 phone lines have been fully restored, but it still means that around 118,000 lines are plagued by an intermittent service.

A spokesman for BT said the situation "was improving", adding that that the repairs should be completed over the next 48-72 hours, if work continues at the current level.

Source The Register
DrAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2004, 14:21   #47
DrAwesome
Inactive

DrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Tiscali & its Network problems

Tiscali & its Network problems

All important link (Adsl Guide)

[Edit]-DrAwesome-Post edited.
Old 05-04-2004, 14:36   #48
DrAwesome
Inactive

Cool Manchester given all-clear after BT fire

Manchester given all-clear after BT fire

Source The Register

Old 05-04-2004, 18:08   #49
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Re: Tiscali & its Network problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwesome
Tiscali & its Network problems

All important link (Adsl Guide)

A very interesting link, thanks Doc, just for the record, I've got two family members using the 150k product from Tiscali and both are very impressed with it, neither have had speed problems, I guess they have been lucky
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 19:18   #50
DrAwesome
Inactive

Cool Re: Tiscali & its Network problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellwear
A very interesting link, thanks Doc, just for the record, I've got two family members using the 150k product from Tiscali and both are very impressed with it, neither have had speed problems, I guess they have been lucky
As you liked that link here is another link
(i have searched the forum nobody else has posted this as yet)

Edit-*Notice the slick top menu revamp of The Register
Old 17-04-2004, 19:47   #51
DrAwesome
Inactive

Cool BT Exchange Tracker update

BT Exchange Tracker Update Link
(current ADSL enablement status of your chosen BT exchange).
Old 21-04-2004, 21:25   #52
DrAwesome
Inactive

Cool Milton Keynes long reach BB BT Trial

If you would like to know some information on how to apply/join the Milton Keynes BT Adsl Long Reach Broadband Trial read here this link also includes question & answers about the trial.

Good luck to anyone that decides to take part.
Old 27-04-2004, 19:18   #53
DrAwesome
Inactive

Cool BT are to scrap the preregistration scheme & replace it with a pre-ordering system.

BT are to scrap the preregistration scheme & replace it with a pre-ordering system.

Link to BT's Press Release

Also note: as from 27/4/2004, the registration scheme is closed.
Exchanges that have not triggered or are not within 10% of their trigger target will have an RFS date set & anounced at the end of June.

The BT availability checker has already been updated to inform people of the removal of the preregistration scheme.
Old 29-04-2004, 11:47   #54
DrAwesome
Inactive

Cool Re: Prt #1 The NTL phone Number 2 BT line Transfer

If you live in London Bulldog have a limited offer, up to 4 Mbps (off peak) & 512k at other times (8am-6pm weekdays) for £39.99 inc vat (12 month minimum contract & Connection charge £99.99) & as always terms & conditions apply.

Offer runs till the 31st of May 2004.
Old 29-04-2004, 12:43   #55
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W
Re: Prt #1 The NTL phone Number 2 BT line Transfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwesome
(12 month minimum contract & Connection charge £99.99)
Now i see how Bulldog are making their profits!!
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2004, 20:53   #56
DrAwesome
Inactive

Cool Re: Prt #1 The NTL phone Number 2 BT line Transfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybreath
Now i see how Bulldog are making their profits!!
Thats usually the norm when signing up for the first time with an adsl isp that doesnt waver the ADSL activation charge which BT charge for testing the BT line & connecting you up at your local exchange (its a one off charge) whats left is rental in advance.
Old 30-04-2004, 21:06   #57
DrAwesome
Inactive

Cool Plusnets Broadband Home Lite

Plusnets Broadband Home Lite must be one of the cheapest 512k adsl services around at the moment at £14.99 (inclusive of vat) but with a 1gb restriction a month from July 1st.. i'm not so sure it will be suitable for everyone.

Plusnet's website details/gives an example what you can download/leech for your 1gb a month...

but wait...

if you look further down Plusnets web page it says you can bbb buy (i hate swearing)
extra gb's at £2.50 upto a max of £10 extra per month...

I hope other Adsl isp's dont follow in Plusnets footsteps to restrict adsl packages.. because if it becomes the norm then adsl wont be a cheaper option to cable BB
Old 05-05-2004, 08:17   #58
DrAwesome
Inactive

Cool Cheaper Adsl Activation Charges on the way?

migration prices have fallen to £11 + Vat per user, from £35 for switching customers from one BT IPStream provider to another, & down from £50 for moving a customer between a BT IPStream to BT DataStream.. 4 days on i have not seen an advertisement/announcement from the top Adsl Isp's/various Adsl Isp's even advertising these reductions asyet.. (they are not very quick to act in the interest of the customer) also something else thats interesting many ISP's charging well above the price of the BT £50 activation charge.

Link

I also read that on the 10th of May 2004 they will be hopefully an announcement about reducing the £50 activation cost, but if Adsl Isp's are not very quick in announcing cheaper migration prices, how long is it going to take them, if BT do reduce the £50 activation charge to pass this saving onto customers.

It will be interesting to see what happens in 5 days Time.

Link to the Ofcom website (concerning ADSL Broadband Access Migration Services)
Old 07-05-2004, 19:43   #59
DrAwesome
Inactive

Cool Get Paid for recommending Tiscali?

Just register 6 customers for x10 BB & 3 for Tiscali's money saving telephone service & Tiscali will pay you £250

you receive a fixed payment (for every group of 3 customers you introduce), but you do not earn ongoing commission each month on the bill spend of customers.

Smart Talk £75 (3 Customers)
BB x10 £100 (3 Customers)
BB x5 £30 (3 Customers)
BB x3 £50 (3 Customers)

Might be an good earner for this Forum

More Info & Registration here

Register today & Tiscali will provide you with your own personalised website which you can use to tell people about their services & then register them online from the comfort of your home OR register customers over the phone via Tiscali's dedicated number.

no forms to complete, no paperwork to register customers.

Whether Tiscali BB/Smart Talk services are any good who knows?
Old 12-05-2004, 14:31   #60
DrAwesome
Inactive

Cool Plusnet calls for cheaper activation Fee

Plusnet calls for cheaper activation Fee, claiming that its detering people signing up to Adsl.

link