Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Bring Back Fox Hunting

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Bring Back Fox Hunting

Old 28-12-2021, 13:51   #1396
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Bring Back Fox Hunting

My understanding is that there has been a constant and high percentage majority in surveys since the fox hunting ban came in to keep it.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...remain-illegal

However if those in high profile positions aren't complying with the trail hunting rules it does need to be reviewed as to whether a complete ban is how needed

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pay-3-500.html

Quote:
A prominent huntsman has been ordered to pay £3,500 for giving advice to countrymen about how to covertly carry out illegal fox hunts.

Mark Hankinson, the 60-year-old director of the Masters of Foxhounds Association, was found guilty at Westminster Magistrates' Court of encouraging or assisting others to commit an offence.

Last edited by BenMcr; 28-12-2021 at 13:55.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-12-2021, 17:35   #1397
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Banning trial hunting because some people abuse it seems very much like "stick it to them" nonsense.

Its like wanting to ban streaming TV because some people abuse it to watch stuff illegally.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2021, 17:37   #1398
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

The laws concerning hard drugs are working well too
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2021, 17:54   #1399
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Banning trial hunting because some people abuse it seems very much like "stick it to them" nonsense.

Its like wanting to ban streaming TV because some people abuse it to watch stuff illegally.
For me there is no need for trail hunting to exist anymore. Trail hunting keeps the dogs following animal scents. Although I can see why this would have been helpful for dogs already trained at the point of the ban, there isn't a need for it now.

Drag hunting was already a thing before the fox hunting ban but doesn't use an animal scent and from my understanding rarely ends up with the dogs going after animals.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-11-24/...nd-is-it-legal

So if the argument is about the historical traditions and social aspects of the hunts rather than the animals bring chased, then drag hunting achieves those aims.
Old 28-12-2021, 17:59   #1400
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
For me there is no need for trail hunting to exist anymore.
For me there is no need for many things to exist, it doesnt mean I go around trying to ban them.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2021, 20:41   #1401
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Saw a terrified deer being chased by a dog today, and the fat irresponsible owner trying comically to chase the dog.
Think the dog owner came off worse looked to be on the verge or a heart attack, like the deer. The dog had a brilliant time, but eventually was knackered/lost interest.

Entertainment? Or 2 senseless animals and a lucky deer?
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote