Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM News Another Price Increase

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

VM News Another Price Increase

Old 20-07-2019, 12:56   #106
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: VM News Another Price Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
No one will ever pay the same.
We had a email saying ours was going up by £4.
Old 20-07-2019, 13:45   #107
Saint man
Inactive

Saint man is an unknown quantity at this point

Sadly so, but how come they can have set charges for mobile phone packages. Life is not the same for everyone and nor so is their Virgin BB and TV packages
Saint man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 21:09   #108
livelysprite
cf.member

livelysprite is on a distinguished roadlivelysprite is on a distinguished road

Just noticed at the bottom of my price increase letter it says:

There's an exciting year ahead with us. But if you decide you'd rather change or cancel your package, no problem. You can do so any time before 21-Aug without paying any cancellation fees. Visit virginmedia.com/yourbroadband to find out more.
livelysprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 21:24   #109
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelysprite View Post

There's an exciting year ahead with us. But if you decide you'd rather change or cancel your package, no problem. You can do so any time before 21-Aug without paying any cancellation fees. Visit virginmedia.com/yourbroadband to find out more.
Yes any price rise during a ongoing contract gives the customer 30 days to cancel their contract without any termination charges.
Old 21-07-2019, 11:50   #110
livelysprite
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I received an email to say that my monthly bill would be increasing by £4 from September.

As I have just been given an extra discount of £5 off per month (removal of the TiVo fee), this would have almost wiped this out, so I gave them a call earlier.

I was told that the email that I received was generic and sent to everybody and that my bill would not be increasing!?

This doesn't sound correct to me because, AFAIK, the letters/emails are personalised to the services that a customer takes. She's put this on the notes in case it does increase.

Does anyone know if this is correct or not?
If you go to virginmedia.com/yourbroadband, it says:

"What if you’re currently on an offer?

If you’re currently on a promotional offer with us, we will honour it. So that means your increase will happen when this offer comes to an end. You can see the details of your current offer on your latest bill.

We’re making changes to our pricing, but as you’re currently enjoying a fixed price each month, these changes won’t affect you right away."

On my contract, it says "promotional offer". I get £5 a month off. So how can they put my price up after stating on their webpage that the won't?
Old 21-07-2019, 13:01   #111
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Here's a shock trying to get to my virgin media to see my bills and it's broken

Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 13:35   #112
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
If you go to virginmedia.com/yourbroadband, it says:

"What if you’re currently on an offer?

If you’re currently on a promotional offer with us, we will honour it. So that means your increase will happen when this offer comes to an end. You can see the details of your current offer on your latest bill.

We’re making changes to our pricing, but as you’re currently enjoying a fixed price each month, these changes won’t affect you right away."

On my contract, it says "promotional offer". I get £5 a month off. So how can they put my price up after stating on their webpage that the won't?
Your £5 discount isn't changing, its the initial cost of your service that's increasing.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 13:44   #113
livelysprite
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
Your £5 discount isn't changing, its the initial cost of your service that's increasing.
I know that, but it states the while on a promotional offer, no price increase.
Old 21-07-2019, 14:37   #114
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

VM are clearly varying this last part depending on which service part of the bundle is going up. It says "Visit virginmedia.com/yourTV to find out more." on our letter.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 21-07-2019 at 16:06.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 14:59   #115
livelysprite
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
VM are clearly varying this last part depending on which service part of the bundle is going up. It says "Visit virginmedia.com/yourTV to find out more." on out letter.
I just found a little nugget of unconfirmed information, contracts with promotional offers starting after 1st of august will have no price increases. Whereas, those starting before 1st of august will have to pay the price increase.

Last edited by livelysprite; 21-07-2019 at 15:07.
Old 22-07-2019, 15:37   #116
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Not got my letter yet and my 'discounts' expire in August. If I lose my discounts and my monthly price goes up, I can't afford to stay with Virgin for BB and TV. I've been a customer of NTL/VM for over twenty years - isn't it about time they rewarded loyalty rather than discounting prices only for new customers??
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 15:46   #117
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Not got my letter yet and my 'discounts' expire in August. If I lose my discounts and my monthly price goes up, I can't afford to stay with Virgin for BB and TV. I've been a customer of NTL/VM for over twenty years - isn't it about time they rewarded loyalty rather than discounting prices only for new customers??

I agree, I am thinking of leaving so was is the number for Thinking of leaving without listening .

I am hearing impaired so the person I speak to must speak clearly.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 13:11   #118
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Spoken to neighbor today who got the letter this morning they phoned up got £12 a month off for a year and internet speed doubled
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 14:03   #119
baz
cf.member

baz is an unknown quantity at this point

very nice to be met with a banner when I log on to VM saying your price is going up how very nice of them, not!
baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2019, 16:09   #120
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Any idea when/how the price increase letters are being sent out? My discounts actually expire mid-September so I'll need to ring a month before to see what I can negotiate, but holidays loom and I don't want to miss the 'jump ship without penalties' deadline
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote