Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Star Trek: Discovery

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Star Trek: Discovery

Old 12-10-2020, 22:26   #376
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

I am not even going to bother with this season. Last season did my head in anyway for various reasons and they said they are doubling down on the gayness this season which is just going to make it even more in your face annoying. Until they get rid of stupid Tilly it is never going to feel like Star Trek.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2020, 22:31   #377
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

‘The gayness"...

Some people had the same reaction when Kirk and Uhura kissed in ST;TOS.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 12-10-2020 at 22:40.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 22:32   #378
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Awww. I think Tilly is great.

I can't wait for the season to start.

Lower Decks turned out to be the best Trek I've seen in a long time. Honouring canon so much better than anything else.

I don't believe they are doubling down on anything. People just need to relax and enjoy, not focus on trivial things and being offended by different races and cultures. Its so old fashioned and outdated.

Last edited by Stephen; 12-10-2020 at 22:55.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 22:54   #379
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
‘The gayness"...

Some people had the same reaction when Kirk and Uhura kissed in ST;TOS.
Ramming lgbtqia+ bla bla bla down your throat every week
Old 12-10-2020, 23:14   #380
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Featuring a game character or characters isn't what I'd call ramming it down your throat.
Old 13-10-2020, 06:01   #381
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Featuring a game character or characters isn't what I'd call ramming it down your throat.
I assume you mean Gay, not Game.

For me, the issue is not gay characters as such.
What bugs me is the way they are so often unrealistically "forced" into shows.

Its like every show now requires at least one obligitory gay lead character, and some try to make as much fuss about it as they can.
Some shows do it really well, so it just seems naturally part of the show, and you dont give it a second thought - thats how it should be.
Others (Batwoman & Supergirl spring to mind) just seem hell bent of ramming into the show every week, like one of those loud American preachers.

I must admit, I didnt think Discovery actually over did it that much.

Oh and +1 here for being a fan of Tilly.

(and a Fan of Lower Decks)

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2020, 09:57   #382
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Awww. I think Tilly is great.

I can't wait for the season to start.

Lower Decks turned out to be the best Trek I've seen in a long time. Honouring canon so much better than anything else.

I don't believe they are doubling down on anything. People just need to relax and enjoy, not focus on trivial things and being offended by different races and cultures. Its so old fashioned and outdated.
I thought Tilly was great and also loved last season.
Old 14-10-2020, 21:55   #383
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I thought Tilly was great and also loved last season.
Old 15-10-2020, 11:48   #384
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Ramming lgbtqia+ bla bla bla down your throat every week
Probably not the turn of phrase I would have used.
Old 15-10-2020, 13:21   #385
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Whilst I don't agree with him, I think I know the point he's trying to make. Season 3 is introducing 2/3 new characters who fit into LGBTQ+. I'm just looking forward to seeing what they do with the story being in the future.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2020, 13:42   #386
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I thought the first episode was great. The future seems really screwed up.
Old 17-10-2020, 00:05   #387
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Season 4 begins production November 2nd 2020.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg BA3E3F6A-C84C-4ADA-AE33-21BE5339BDA6.jpeg (89.2 KB, 33 views)
Old 17-10-2020, 10:50   #388
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
I thought the first episode was great. The future seems really screwed up.
Great episode. I'm sure someone will moan about 2 black leads and the various green and blue characters 😂
Old 17-10-2020, 11:16   #389
General Maximus
Ran Away

Not me, I am not watching it. It doesn't feel like Star Trek. You have got a senior staff which is just a bunch of wet nellys and you wouldn't think have been to Starfleet Academy. The universe seems to revolve around one person every episode has to have a gay drama of the week. It isn't Star Trek and that is why when Pike & co came into it it felt like a breath of fresh air and revitalised the series. It will be interesting to see if ratings fall this season and the series gets cancelled like the DV series.
Old 17-10-2020, 13:12   #390
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

No gayness this week, especially for you...