Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who General Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Doctor Who General Discussion
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 09:21   #46
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Doctor Who : Season 7

Do you think they got the message about the revamped Daleks not being as good as the originals?
Old 02-08-2012, 09:24   #47
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Heck yeah! Bring it on
Old 02-08-2012, 10:09   #48
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Do you think they got the message about the revamped Daleks not being as good as the originals?
No, Moffat did state in an interview that we will see every incarnation of the Daleks together for the first time.

Never expected to see the Special Weapons Dalek again though. They look ace! (pun intended)

'Dinosaurs!!........On a spaceship' love that line.

Everything looks epic, from the scenery to the monsters. Even though the budget is smaller it looks more expensive.

River is also back by the look of it. Was hoping we'd seen the last of her.
Old 02-08-2012, 17:21   #49
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

1080p version of the trailer, courtesy of BBC America:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7YGoVyRSik
Old 27-08-2012, 13:55   #50
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

00:41

A baby angel
Old 27-08-2012, 18:21   #51
watzizname
Inactive

Services: XL 60/3
watzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to all

For those who didn't already know..

Episode 1 of the 5 mini-webisodes "Pond Life" is now available for viewing.

Click here to watch episode 1 on the BBC

Or Click here to watch episode 1 on Youtube

Should be a nice lead up to to series 7's Asylum of the Daleks, which of course airs this Saturday
Old 01-09-2012, 18:25   #52
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

You can now watch the "Pond Life" omnibus here.

Under an hour to go
Old 01-09-2012, 18:25   #53
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Yessssssssss!
Old 01-09-2012, 18:48   #54
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I shall be watching to see if it has improved, but I hold little hope that it has.
Old 01-09-2012, 18:51   #55
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
I shall be watching to see if it has improved, but I hold little hope that it has.
Whilst I don't like this new Who as much as the RTD/DT years I still think it's fantastic; if a little over-complicated at times.

What's your problem with it, dill? Just out if interest Don't start on at me about asking questions, like some people do
Old 01-09-2012, 18:51   #56
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

If you don't like the way it's been done over the past few years Dilli, I suspect you're going to be disappointed again ...
Old 01-09-2012, 18:55   #57
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I fully understand why the BBC keep it gong, but I think the new iteration should be drawn to a close, maybe just after the 50th anniversary.

What I don't want to see is it fading away with crap story lines and crap acting.

---------- Post added at 18:55 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
If you don't like the way it's been done over the past few years Dilli, I suspect you're going to be disappointed again ...
Maybe but I won't know unless I give it a chance
Old 01-09-2012, 18:57   #58
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

i wanna know how come those pesky daleks DON'T JUST DIE .........they scare me

Old 01-09-2012, 18:58   #59
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
What I don't want to see is it fading away with crap story lines and crap acting.
Both of which are subjective, of course. The show regularly gets 8m+ consolidated viewers so it's probably safe to say yours in not the majority view (and also that it's not going off-air anytime soon

Personally, I'm wondering if I should watch it live on FreeviewHD jst so I can't start "instant replay"ing the good bits. You know, just watch it all the way through once, uninterrupted. Then again, probably not!

22 mins to go!
Old 01-09-2012, 19:03   #60
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Well, keep your eyes peeled - the RT reviewer says there's a major surprise right after the opening credits.
Closed Thread