Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who : Season 6

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Doctor Who : Season 6

Old 23-04-2011, 19:18   #61
Zing

Re: Doctor Who : Season 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
So...

- The control room thing in the tunnels reminded me of the ship in "The Lodger". Was it the same?

- How can Matt Smith's Doctor truly die? Wouldn't that mean that Matt Smith would have to be the last one, & so mean that the Doctor couldn't regenerate again if Smith left the show? Must be a way around it...

- The Silence... can someone remind me which ep they/it were in in the previous series?
they can do anything they want can't they lol
Advertisement
Old 23-04-2011, 20:09   #62
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

- Yes, it was the timeship control room from "The Lodger", which guest-starred James Corden. Who is also, as it happens, appearing at some point in this series.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2011, 20:21   #63
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
- The control room thing in the tunnels reminded me of the ship in "The Lodger". Was it the same?
Yes. Why? We don't know yet,

Quote:
- How can Matt Smith's Doctor truly die? Wouldn't that mean that Matt Smith would have to be the last one, & so mean that the Doctor couldn't regenerate again if Smith left the show? Must be a way around it...
There is. Wibbly, wobbly... and time can be re-written.

Quote:
- The Silence... can someone remind me which ep they/it were in in the previous series?
Mentioned throughout... "Silence will fall." BTW, point of order. They're actually called the Silents.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 13:45   #64
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

I thought there was more to the mysterious Delaware guy but just turned out to be the Ex-FBI agent

Although do keep an eye on Amy's Pregnancy, May turn out to be interesting.
Old 24-04-2011, 19:37   #65
watzizname
Inactive

Services: XL 60/3
watzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to allwatzizname is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
There is. Wibbly, wobbly... and time can be re-written.
Yep, Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey.. and now Bumpy Wumpy. Even Matt Smith didn't look too comfortable saying it.

Anyways, despite the whole "Most powerful" this and that ego stroking the Americans received, and the unlikely usage of the word Gasoline instead of Petrol, I rather enjoyed it.

Was a real treat to see both William and Mark Sheppard in last nights episode, as per usual, they delivered the goods.

I like that we've come into this story more toward the mid point, and that there seems to be an awful lot of misdirection in play.

Who are the real victims, and who are the real villains? I doubt it's anything like as obvious as we're being led to believe.

Looking forward to the next episode
watzizname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 19:54   #66
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

very good first episode i believe that River Song is the astronaut that kills the future doctor and possibly Amy's child
Old 24-04-2011, 23:48   #67
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

Some thoughts

Spoiler: 

Karen Gillan seems to be the astronaut, I wouldn't be surprised if the girl they can hear is Amy's future daughter, I think River Song is a timelord in cloak as Tennant's doctor was in 'Family of Blood' possibly Romanadvortrelundar, Omega will probably be returning in this season which could mean a restart of the timelords. Oh and I think this is to be a Dalek free season.
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 00:22   #68
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I dont think you need to hide your thoughts

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 00:32   #69
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Steven Moffat has already said they will not include the Daleks unless they come up with a good reason to do so, and a story to back it up.

Thinking about it, Russell T Davis used them in every series. In the original, over the entire 25 years, they were apparently used in only about 11 stories. I think they were all the more scary because they were not used that often.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 02:13   #70
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

The first part of my post is in the leader for the next episode, so I didn't want to spoil it for anyone waiting for the ep to find out.
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 11:10   #71
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Good episode for this Doctor, possibly the best so far.

Maybe he may finally grow into the role during his second season.

Didn't like the innuendo between song and the Dr......."I'm a bit of a screamer" ooer......

Need to explain to me how Amy is pregnant, isn't Rory made of plastic???????? or did I miss something.
Old 26-04-2011, 11:12   #72
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Need to explain to me how Amy is pregnant, isn't Rory made of plastic???????? or did I miss something.
That is true - but she didn't say it was his.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 11:19   #73
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Rory isn't made of plastic ... history was re-booted from the ground up at the end of the last series, so the events that killed him didn't happen ... or something timey-wimey like that.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 11:51   #74
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I hope they don't bring the Daleks back for a good while. I find them rather tiresome, they keep getting defeated forever, Then somehow survive in the space between existence (or some equally absurd excuse) and come back again and again. It loses the appeal and the drama when the big bad reveal is the bloody Daleks or Cybermen again. They should use them rarely, and by that I mean every few seasons.

I also find them boring. Much prefer The Master as that's a much more interesting character and danger.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 13:12   #75
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I hope they don't bring the Daleks back for a good while. I find them rather tiresome, they keep getting defeated forever, Then somehow survive in the space between existence (or some equally absurd excuse) and come back again and again. It loses the appeal and the drama when the big bad reveal is the bloody Daleks or Cybermen again. They should use them rarely, and by that I mean every few seasons.

I also find them boring. Much prefer The Master as that's a much more interesting character and danger.
I think Moffat already stated that the daleks will not be in this season. However the Cybermen will.