Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Promote your own website

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Promote your own website

Old 22-06-2003, 17:03   #16
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude
Quote:
Originally posted by homealone
Like the music bopdude - that kind of singing sends shivers down my back.

Great site - didn't follow all the links tho

Gaz
Thanks the music is by Ladysmith Black Mambazo, the site is still under construction but its getting there
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-06-2003, 17:05   #17
bo-peep
Inactive

bo-peep will become famous soon enoughbo-peep will become famous soon enoughbo-peep will become famous soon enough
haven't heard that for years.was trying think who it was
bo-peep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2003, 17:06   #18
Dave Stones
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Dave Stones has reached the bronze age
Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Dave Stones
Quote:
Originally posted by poolking
That's a huge playlist
its up to 1150 tunez now havent updated it in a couple of days. it aint that big i just put everything i download onto winamp... only about 80 albums or so
Dave Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2003, 18:53   #19
Theodoric
Inactive

Theodoric has reached the bronze age
Theodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze age
Quote:
Originally posted by Russ D
www.russelldavid.moonfruit.com which is quite pants but I've paid for it now so I might as well use it

www.elimpentecostal.co.uk is the site for my church which I'm currently redesigning
Having just visited your sites, may I throw in a question for discussion.

Should you open a site to the public when it is at a very early stage?

Pro: All publicity is good publicity.

Con: It irritates people; they see a link, go there and there's nothing to see.
Theodoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2003, 11:28   #20
Stuart W
Inactive

Services: BroadBand 4M
Stuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Stuart W
I'm undecided on this one....

I 'launched' my site pretty much as soon as Apachie (webserver software) was installed... but I keep a blog on the front page informing people of the goings on.

As I have a forum there, it gives users more of a sence of community.... that's probably the wrong word to use under current circumstances, but you get my drift

People have joined the forum and got to see different aspects of stusplace come and go. They also get to sudgest stuff for the site.

All in all, I think it's ok to promote an un-finished site, but not to leave it that way!
Too many peoples sites say stuff like "I'm updating this site" or "I'll be adding more soon" but nothing changes for weeks on end.
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2003, 12:55   #21
MikeyB
cf.geek

Services: BT FTTP, Humax Foxsat HDR Freesat+
MikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud of
Talking

Links to my two main websites are in my sig :-)

There are other sites I'm involved with, but they are just too strange/weired/scary/shamefull to even think about linking to!
MikeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2003, 18:00   #22
Graham

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeyB
There are other sites I'm involved with, but they are just too strange/weired/scary/shamefull to even think about linking to!
What, like mine?

nthw.team Edit: Link Removed due to nature of site.
Old 23-06-2003, 18:44   #23
CuddlesTC
Inactive

CuddlesTC is an unknown quantity at this point
It's ages since I last updated (can't think of anything amusing to write about thanks to developing a rubbish life recently), but for what it's worth: FlanWeb
CuddlesTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2003, 20:27   #24
MikeyB
cf.geek

Services: BT FTTP, Humax Foxsat HDR Freesat+
MikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud of
Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham
What, like mine?

Well, I never got too see your site, and as the link was deleted, I doubt my sites contain anything like yours!!!

My other ones are just odd, and nobody but the people involded would understand them (hell, even I don't sometimes!)
MikeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2003, 21:10   #25
{FU}Fubar
Inactive

{FU}Fubar is an unknown quantity at this point
www.aurorabikes.co.uk is the bike company i own
{FU}Fubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2003, 21:13   #26
poolking
Inactive

Services: Sky World 300k BB NTL Phone
poolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to poolking Send a message via MSN to poolking Send a message via Yahoo to poolking
Quote:
Originally posted by {FU}Fubar
www.aurorabikes.co.uk is the bike company i own
Looks great.

Got a little suggestion put a title in your page so in IE it doesn't come up as "Unititled Document"
poolking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2003, 14:11   #27
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.
Our site is for cabbies www.taxiandprivatehire.co.uk
Old 24-06-2003, 21:14   #28
willie
cf.geek

Services: VM 200mb VM Phone M
willie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these partswillie is just so famous around these parts
Send a message via MSN to willie
Well here is a few i am working on......................
http://www.freetechelp.com/phpBB2/
http://www.freetechelp.net/phpBB2/
http://www.phpinstalls.com/phpBB2/
http://www.freetechelp.org/FMB/

i also have a few more in mid development.
willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2003, 22:02   #29
Graham

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham
What, like mine?

Oh good grief!

Please can you tell me just what is the problem with the "nature" of my site?

There is a clear warning to anyone who follows the link, it's registered with Surf Watch, Net Nanny, Cyber Sitter et al so any responsible parent knows that their children won't be able to access it and there is no explicit sexual content.

Oh, and it's already been discussed on here in the "what do people do" thread without, seemingly, any problems or objections from anyone, so please tell me, what is the problem?
Old 24-06-2003, 22:05   #30
Graham

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeyB
Well, I never got too see your site, and as the link was deleted, I doubt my sites contain anything like yours!!!
Well it's still locatable from the "www" link on the buttons under my messages, so if you want to have look, you'd better be quick before the Gedanken Polizei decide that's unacceptable too