Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 12:42   #8056
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The ballot was explicit. Leave or stay.

Do you really think that Brexiters did not realise that leaving the EU meant coming out of the single market (customs union)? Do you believe that people didn't not realise that controlling immigration worked both ways? Did the supposed lack of information persuade you to vote remain?

Of course not. Brexiters knew what they were doing. To hear all this nonsense, it is clear that many remainers remain completely confused.
here we go again

At no point, anywhere did it say how the decision to leave the EU should be taken. You're adding after the fact. the same old regurgitated nonsense as per usual.

I'd hazard a guess that maybe 30-40% had an informed idea of what leaving the EU would mean, the rest were swept along in the nonsense promises and delusion of the pro leave group.

I'm not confused, IF we leave the EU I'll be willing to bet we will be back in within the next ten years.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:42   #8057
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Do you really think that Brexiters did not realise that leaving the EU meant coming out of the single market (customs union)? Do you believe that people didn't not realise that controlling immigration worked both ways? Did the supposed lack of information persuade you to vote remain?

Of course not. Brexiters knew what they were doing. To hear all this nonsense, it is clear that many remainers remain completely confused.
No. You knew what you were doing. You don't speak for everyone. People from both sides have changed their opinion.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:43   #8058
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:

The country's leading independent fact-checkers disagree with you.https://fullfact.org/europe/what-was...on-referendum/

Quote:
The customs union was rarely mentioned by Leave campaigners before the referendum. There were generally calls for the UK to have an independent trade policy, though messages about specific trading arrangements weren’t always consistent
Old 04-03-2019, 12:51   #8059
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
1) Wrong
In 2014, an investigation by the respected independent US non-profit organisation, Consumer Reports, found that 97 per cent of 300 chicken breasts it tested from across America contained harmful bacteria including Salmonella, campylobacter and E.Coli.

A 2013 study by the Centers for Disease Prevention and Control - the US federal health protection agency - analysed outbreaks of foodborne illnesses between 1998 and 2008 and found that “more deaths were attributable to poultry than any other commodity”.

More than half of the samples in the Consumer Reports study contained faecal contaminants and a similar amount harboured at least one bacterium that was resistant to three or more commonly prescribed antibiotics.

A 2016 study by the UK’s Food Standards Agency found comparable levels of contamination in this country - half of chicken samples taken from retailers were infected with multi antibiotic-resistant campylobacter.

It's the same, without the addition of chlorine.

as part of the wider issue ;

Chlorine-washed chickens are symbolic of much wider concerns around animal welfare and environmental standards that could become a crucial negotiating point in any post-Brexit trade deal between the US and the UK. That trade deal itself is seen as of vital importance to the UK’s future outside the EU.

Other practices such as implanting cattle with man-made growth hormones and selling unlabelled genetically modified foods are also allowed in the US but banned in the UK. These problems are also likely to be on the agenda.
How many of the deaths were down to incomplete cooking?

Quote:
To avoid getting sick from salmonella, the CDC shared a few easy steps to follow: When handling raw chicken, be sure to wash your hands before and immediately after. Be careful not to spread germs from raw chicken around other parts of your kitchen. In addition, don’t rinse raw chicken as this can also spread possible germs.
Make sure the inside of the chicken reaches at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit by following cooking instructions and using a food thermometer (stick it in the thickest part of the food).
Or just contact with live chickens?

Quote:
At least 212 cases of salmonella infections have been linked to contact with backyard chickens, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warns.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:53   #8060
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
But it doesn't does it as we've found out. If leave meant leave then we wouldn't be having this conversation. There is no nonsense. Get in the real world and realise that things just aren't as simple as you are making out.
They all said we'd never get a deal with the EU. Turns out, the EU was the least of our problems. It's the Remain-led House of Commons that is throwing up all the nonsense. The only real issue is the backstop, as raised by the ERG, which has been hyped up out of all proportion in my opinion.

However, even if we can satisfy the objection to the backstop, the remainers will continue to claim that the end of the world is nigh.

You might like to claim that it's all so complicated, but it is not. Listen to Liam Fox on last Sunday's Andrew Marr. That should calm your troubled brow.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:55   #8061
mrmistoffelees

mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
How many of the deaths were down to incomplete cooking?

Or just contact with live chickens?

You've missed the point...

If both methods reduce the same results (as above) , let's not add another nasty chemical into the mix.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:56   #8062
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
You’ve literally described all forms of taxation.
No, what I’ve described is what the con job of being a member of the corrupted EU is. Some Remainers talking about the EU investment funds back in to the U.K. It’s our feckin money to start with!
Old 04-03-2019, 12:57   #8063
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
No. You knew what you were doing. You don't speak for everyone. People from both sides have changed their opinion.
A minority have changed their minds. So what? People are fickle and change their minds all the time.

However, to suggest that people who wanted to leave did not understand what that meant is so condescending and I'm sick of it. I presume you knew what 'remain' meant.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:59   #8064
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
They all said we'd never get a deal with the EU. Turns out, the EU was the least of our problems. It's the Remain-led House of Commons that is throwing up all the nonsense. The only real issue is the backstop, as raised by the ERG, which has been hyped up out of all proportion in my opinion.

However, even if we can satisfy the objection to the backstop, the remainers will continue to claim that the end of the world is nigh.

You might like to claim that it's all so complicated, but it is not. Listen to Liam Fox on last Sunday's Andrew Marr. That should calm your troubled brow.
We have not got close to negotiating a trade deal with the EU, that will be the interesting bit! We're just sorting out the withdrawal agreement at the moment!
Old 04-03-2019, 13:02   #8065
mrmistoffelees

Quote:

Raising genuine concern should not be treat as doom mongering.

Liam Fox, the same Liam Fox who can't get the forty deals he promised in time delivered?

the forty deals that nowhere near completion Liam Fox?

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 ----------

Quote:
A minority have changed their minds. So what? People are fickle and change their minds all the time.

However, to suggest that people who wanted to leave did not understand what that meant is so condescending and I'm sick of it. I presume you knew what 'remain' meant.

Are you saying everyone fully knew the consequences of voting to leave?

The consequences for the immediate future of remaining in the EU were known.
Old 04-03-2019, 13:04   #8066
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:

No. You said Brexiters knew what they were doing. You don't speak for 17+ million people, you speak for yourself and yourself only. I didn't really know what anything fully meant. I made a decision based on what I thought was better for myself and the country. But I don't pretend to speak for millions of people.
Old 04-03-2019, 13:35   #8067
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
No. You said Brexiters knew what they were doing. You don't speak for 17+ million people, you speak for yourself and yourself only. I didn't really know what anything fully meant. I made a decision based on what I thought was better for myself and the country. But I don't pretend to speak for millions of people.
He speaks for me and everyone else I know who voted to leave the EU - we want to be out totally from that corrupted con job union. That's what leaving meant to me and us. So yes, in essence, he speaks for me and everyone associated to me, who also voted to leave the con job union. He does not just speak for himself.

But surely this logic of yours, also applies to Remainers then, who constantly tell us Brexiteers we got it wrong - that we voted the wrong way, no we did not get it wrong, there is nothing to get wrong, it is called democracy and we voted to leave the EU.

This is a tiresome, old pathetic argument and it needs to be laid to rest.
Old 04-03-2019, 13:38   #8068
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:

Total crap!

You said:

Quote:
They all said we'd never get a deal with the EU
Your best buddy Liam Fox said:

Quote:
The free trade agreement that we will have to do with the European Union should be one of the easiest in human history
Old 04-03-2019, 13:40   #8069
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
He speaks for me and everyone else I know who voted to leave the EU - we want to be out totally from that corrupted con job union. That's what leaving meant to me and us. So yes, in essence, he speaks for me and everyone associated to me, who also voted to leave the con job union. He does not just speak for himself.

But surely this logic of yours, also applies to Remainers then, who constantly tell us Brexiteers we got it wrong - that we voted the wrong way, no we did not get it wrong, there is nothing to get wrong, it is called democracy and we voted to leave the EU.

This is a tiresome, old pathetic argument and it needs to be laid to rest.
He speaks for me and every one i know who also voted leave.

---------- Post added at 13:40 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Total crap!

You said:

Your best buddy Liam Fox said:
Your the expert
Old 04-03-2019, 13:42   #8070
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
He speaks for me and every one i know who also voted leave.

So, at a very generous MAXIMUM 200 people? that's a massive 0.0014367816091954023% of total leave voters, hardly a large amount.