Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UHD on Virgin Media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

UHD on Virgin Media

Old 11-07-2018, 16:26   #886
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

There is always something at 7pm for a few of hours - but usually a repeat. Some days have 2-3 programmes during the day - but the promo usually.
They have live Scottish League Cup football this Friday evening.
Coming up is occasional live Speedway - but too late for the Grand Prix in Wales.
30th July is the middle of their live daily coverage of multiple matches from the Women's Hockey World Cup.
No schedules available beyond then yet.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2018, 16:28   #887
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

Fantastic news, I'm glad Virgin are starting to take 4k seriously and it's a linear channel so I'm very happy :-)
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 17:33   #888
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

In contrast to today's 4 hour evening only line-up - on Friday they have 13 hours of non-promo programming in 4K including the live football.
Old 11-07-2018, 19:50   #889
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Thanks for confirming , has that always been the case as a friend with BT said it was always the same on a loop this was a while ago though to be fair.
I think, muppetman, that it is time to realise that VM is getting ready for the UHD splurge when it comes.

I am a little disappointed that you seem not to acknowledge this development.

I am sure that there would be plenty of people on this forum who would criticise Virgin if they were not ready to screen UHD material when it arrives.

I definitely think that Virgin deserves credit for this new contract with BT. Detractors need to explain themselves.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 22:03   #890
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think, muppetman, that it is time to realise that VM is getting ready for the UHD splurge when it comes.

I am a little disappointed that you seem not to acknowledge this development.

I am sure that there would be plenty of people on this forum who would criticise Virgin if they were not ready to screen UHD material when it arrives.

I definitely think that Virgin deserves credit for this new contract with BT. Detractors need to explain themselves.
What are you going on about , I haven't criticised Virgin over this deal I was merely asking Ozsat the makeup of the channel.

The fact is most sport currently isn't shown on BT Sport or Sky Sport in UHD , I agree in time this will change but at the moment it's very expensive hence why both mainly just show their Premium rights in the format.

At the end of the day any UHD is welcome in my eyes at this stage.

Last edited by muppetman11; 11-07-2018 at 22:16.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 00:46   #891
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
What are you going on about , I haven't criticised Virgin over this deal I was merely asking Ozsat the makeup of the channel.

The fact is most sport currently isn't shown on BT Sport or Sky Sport in UHD , I agree in time this will change but at the moment it's very expensive hence why both mainly just show their Premium rights in the format.

Sorry if I misinterpreted your position on this as distinctly underwhelmed! As far as Sky is concerned, well, I am sure you understand how most of us feel about that!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:03   #892
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Sorry if I misinterpreted your position on this as distinctly underwhelmed! As far as Sky is concerned, well, I am sure you understand how most of us feel about that!
It’s true virgin should be going to sky to renogiate the contract changes due to UHD being massive addition to sky cinema and sports
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:36   #893
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

BT Sport UHD is a great addition the picture in the CL final was first class
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:36   #894
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
BT Sport UHD is a great addition the picture in the CL final was first class
It’s would be but life doesn’t revolve with sport so far what has come has pleased sports fans but if you don’t like sports and enjoy 4K movies from
Sky cinema or 4K shows like the blacklist and more it’s a damp squib
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:48   #895
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
It’s would be but life doesn’t revolve with sport so far what has come has pleased sports fans but if you don’t like sports and enjoy 4K movies from
Sky cinema or 4K shows like the blacklist and more it’s a damp squib
Small steps!

Next target would be Sky's UHD services!
oxfordmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:05   #896
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordmark View Post
Small steps!

Next target would be Sky's UHD services!
I agree. Hopefully the UHD movies and shows from Sky will come soon, but getting the technologically challenging live sport in UHD sorted first probably seems sensible.

I expect VM to pull something out of the bag and secure a deal with Sky for UHD content. Then the Full House/XL package will then look really tasty
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 22:36   #897
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:

BT also show some premiership rugby matches in UHD
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 15:01   #898
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Is anyone have trouble connecting to the uhd stream Wimbledon nadel match on the bbc iplayer comes up with a code 04100 ( something went wrong with this program)
I even tried the eurosport channel but getting the spinning wheel always
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 15:05   #899
ozsat
cf.mega poster

No - iPlayer UHD loaded first time here.
Old 14-07-2018, 22:56   #900
DVD Cinema
cf.addict

DVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about them

iPlayer UHD buffering today @ 7.15pm on V6 and tv app, plus sound loss on V6. This is on Virgin 350MB.
DVD Cinema is offline   Reply With Quote