Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brave New World

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Brave New World

Old 17-07-2020, 11:25   #1
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Hanna

Onto Brave New World now. I feel like I am doomed to repeat the same mistake as Warrior Nun. I won't be watching 7 eps this time though, it looks really bad. It is going to get a one episode try and then I am moving into Cursed which looks very good.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-07-2020, 12:03   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Brave New World

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Finished season 2 last night and thought it was excellent. This is the kind of series which would have benefited from a full season so what is going to be season 3 could continue into now in season 2 and the story can evolve and continue.

Onto Brave New World now. I feel like I am doomed to repeat the same mistake as Warrior Nun. I won't be watching 7 eps this time though, it looks really bad. It is going to get a one episode try and then I am moving into Cursed which looks very good.
I've just see a post saying if someone is going to watch Brave New World make sure you watch 2 episodes as it doesn't kick off until the end of episode 2.
Old 17-07-2020, 12:29   #3
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I've just see a post saying if someone is going to watch Brave New World make sure you watch 2 episodes as it doesn't kick off until the end of episode 2.
i reckon that is a conspiracy just to boost the ratings. There will be a post somewhere saying you need to watch all 10 eps to really appreciate it the deeper meaning behind it
Old 17-07-2020, 15:57   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

Brave New World

Well well well, I don't mind being pleasantly surprised. The trailer for this looked cack and does not do it justice at all. I would describe it as a cross between Equilibrium (Christian Bale movie) and Westworld. Because it looked rubbish I said I was only going to give it 1 episode as when I saw the trailer the only thing I thought was "this looks just like Inhumans". Snoopz suggested that you need two eps to get into it but tbh I was very intrigued after 10 mins and hooked by the end of ep 1. If you like thinking about the future, the technological and environmental problems which will take their toll on the planet and the repercussions that has on society and how it is managed then you'll enjoy this. It is all about weighing up the options of a peaceful, technologically advanced healthy society with order against freedom and the ability to explore and express emotions. I'll defo be watching the entire season this weekend. I wanted to make a thread for a series so everyone can hear about it. It is definitely one of those series that has slipped under the radar and needs more attention.
Old 17-07-2020, 16:13   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
i reckon that is a conspiracy just to boost the ratings. There will be a post somewhere saying you need to watch all 10 eps to really appreciate it the deeper meaning behind it
No this is just a watcher like you who was going to give up but stayed till episode 2, not sure how much more they will watch though.

I've not seen it yet is it bad on episode one and are you giving up?
Old 17-07-2020, 17:05   #6
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Brave New World

LOL, I tried it, and binned it.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2020, 17:31   #7
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

I'll be trying it tonight along with Cursed.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2020, 18:31   #8
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
No this is just a watcher like you who was going to give up but stayed till episode 2, not sure how much more they will watch though.

I've not seen it yet is it bad on episode one and are you giving up?
That's why unless it's absolutely dire in the first ep I always give a new series 3 eps. If it doesn't get me by then I'll drop it. Another Life as an example is one that didn't make the grade for me.
Old 17-07-2020, 18:42   #9
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
LOL, I tried it, and binned it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
No surprise there
I say no more
Old 17-07-2020, 18:58   #10
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
I say no more
Can you just not accept Paul's taste along with mine and yours are different?
Old 17-07-2020, 19:36   #11
General Maximus
Ran Away

I accept that I have good taste
Old 17-07-2020, 19:39   #12
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
I accept that I have good taste
In your opinion.
Old 17-07-2020, 23:27   #13
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
I say no more
Why would I be surprised at my own post

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2020, 23:39   #14
General Maximus
Ran Away

Because i was going to say that in response to you but instead of typing it out i just quoted you because you had alresdy said it :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
In your opinion.
I am going to tell Rommi you said that
Old 23-07-2020, 19:23   #15
General Maximus
Ran Away

I enjoyed it. Admittedly it dealt with issues that have been covered in numerous movies before but it is good to see a different take on it. They may have over played certain aspects of it but it was still good to watch and a complete contrast from what I thought it was going to be. I thought Klaus was going to be typical Klaus but he has proven he can act and play different characters. Same can be said for Han Solo. Viserys is still a snivelling weasel. This isn't the best series ever but it also isn't the worst. If you enjoy your scifi I strongly suggest you give it a go. We are still in the summer tv season and the fall season has been pushed back to after Christmas so you have got plenty of time.

Oh and in case you were wondering, my new favourite letter of the alphabet is β (+)