Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freeview changes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Freeview changes

Old 22-02-2020, 00:07   #1
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Freeview changes

​Create & Craft is moving frequency on Wed 26th February. It's currently 7am-10pm on COM5.
Source:
https://twitter.com/RXTVlog/status/1230975343634386945​

The space vacated by Hochanda when it decided it could afford 24hrs is my guess as to where it's going. 7pm-7am is currently free on SDN.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-02-2020, 21:32   #2
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Freeview changes

Here is the up to date list of space on Freeview being unused.

-Old Hochanda slot on SDN (7pm to 7am only)
-Old TBN UK slot on COM5
-Old TJC slot on COM5
-Old 5Spike slot on COM6

All information right as of January 8th.

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:07 ----------

I think the following may happen on Freeview

-Hochanada may move to Sewing Street slot.

Both Sewing Street and Jewellery Maker may use other slot

re Jewellery Maker broadcasts as far as I know 8am to 10pm so can fix into Create and Craft slot.

This post is the views of Media Boy who do not work for any of the channels listed in this post.

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
​The space vacated by Hochanda when it decided it could afford 24hrs is my guess as to where it's going. 7pm-7am is currently free on SDN.
But maybe you are right on the ball with this info. Roll on Wednesday.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2020, 16:52   #3
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

​Sewing Street is moving frequency on Wed 26th February.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewing Street on Facebook View Post
Sewing Street will be moving channels on Wednesday afternoon. We will moving to a new channel called Shopping Quarter on Freeview 74
https://www.facebook.com/SewingStreetTV/
Old 24-02-2020, 17:45   #4
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
​Sewing Street is moving frequency on Wed 26th February.

Originally Posted by Sewing Street on Facebook View Post
Sewing Street will be moving channels on Wednesday afternoon. We will moving to a new channel called Shopping Quarter on Freeview 74

https://www.facebook.com/SewingStreetTV/
Interesting. To me it sounds like Sewing Street will be timesharing with Jewellery Maker on this new Shopping Quarter channel. JM needs to get a home outside of the temporary multiplex it's currently in, so a timeshare with its sister station makes sense. One if those free 24hr slots will be taken for this purpose I'd imagine.

The space Sewing Quarter is vacating isn't an ideal time of day, so maybe PBS America will expand into it, since they share it already.
Old 24-02-2020, 17:46   #5
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Jewellery Maker has now confirmed what is going on from Thursday.

Jewellery Maker will be on Channel 73 from 8am to 1pm on Freeview SD.

Sewing Street will broadcast from 8am before Jewellery Maker takes over at 1pm to 10pm on Freeview HD Channel 74.

Source: Jewellery Maker on Facebook.
Old 24-02-2020, 17:58   #6
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

I did wonder about Channel 73. And that clarifies that a free permanent multiplex position isn't being used. Many thanks Media Boy.
Old 26-02-2020, 15:57   #7
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

I have yet to check this on my own TV, but via info from @ukdtt on Twitter.

Create & Craft has moved to COM4, presumably to the 7pm-7am space left by Hochanda cutting its hours. Channel number remains same.

Now70s has launched in the vacated C&C space (7am-10pm) on COM5 but on Channel 78.

Now90s which shared with C&C on COM5 during 5am-7am has been removed. Now90s basically was renamed Now70s, then moved time and channel number on the same stream.

CCXTV (basically a spinoff of the C&C shopping channel) has launched on COM5 on Channel 95. I think it's taken the 5am-7am part of the stream Now90s vacated, but have yet to confirm this.

Jewellery Maker moves to Ch73 and takes the COM6 8am-1pm slot

Shopping Quarter replaces Jewellery Maker on Ch74 COM7 and will show a mix of Sewing Street and Jewellery Maker.
Old 26-02-2020, 17:39   #8
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Here is the up to date list of space on Freeview being unused.

-Old Hochanda slot on SDN (7pm to 7am only)
-Old NOW 90s slot on COM5 (5am to 7am only)
-Old TJC slot on COM5
-Old 5Spike slot on COM6

All information right as of February 26th.

---------- Post added at 16:29 ---------- Previous post was at 16:24 ----------

Quote:
I have yet to check this on my own TV, but via info from @ukdtt on Twitter.

Create & Craft has moved to COM4, presumably to the 7pm-7am space left by Hochanda cutting its hours. Channel number remains same.
Digital Bit Rate is reporting that Create & Craft (SID : 13000) is using an new stream that launch today on SDN (COM4).

So an new channel has still to appear using Hochanda left over space.

http://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.ph...ive=46&lang=en

---------- Post added at 16:39 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

Quote:
CCXTV (basically a spinoff of the C&C shopping channel) has launched on COM5 on Channel 95. I think it's taken the 5am-7am part of the stream Now90s vacated, but have yet to confirm this.
RXTV is reporting that CCXTV has still to launch but it can use NOW 90s old slot or the old slot of TJC or TBN UK (Both 24hours slots)
Old 26-02-2020, 17:44   #9
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

They only just added the extra (17th) stream for TJC on SDN. I can't see why they'd be insane enough to add another...yet I can see it on SDN when it would be off-air if it was sharing Hochanda's stream.

I'm surprised MB.

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

Quote:
RXTV is reporting that CCXTV has still to launch but it can use NOW 90s old slot or the old slot of TJC or TBN UK (Both 24hours slots)
CCXTV is meant to be a spin-off of C&C. I was expecting it to be a predominantly streaming channel in Freeview. It would be a very confident move by Ideal World to go 24hrs straight away on such an expensive platform. We'll soon see.
Old 26-02-2020, 17:46   #10
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
They only just added the extra (17th) stream for TJC on SDN. I can't see why they'd be insane enough to add another...yet I can see it on SDN when it would be off-air if it was sharing Hochanda's stream.

I'm surprised MB.
Digital Bit Rate is reporting that SDN have room to launch one more 24 hour broadcasting channel

SDN is own by ITV.

So if they wanted to ITV can launch an full time ITV3 +1 channel on Freeview with ITV4 +1 coming on Freeview at 9pm using where ITV3 +1 broadcasts right now.
Old 26-02-2020, 18:06   #11
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Digital Bit Rate is reporting that SDN have room to launch one more 24 hour broadcasting channel

SDN is own by ITV.

So if they wanted to ITV can launch an full time ITV3 +1 channel on Freeview with ITV4 +1 coming on Freeview at 9pm using where ITV3 +1 broadcasts right now.
I know they do. My point was that Create & Craft just used that apparent new stream, so ITV have decided not to use it.

Wouldn't be surprised to see another channel crammed into D3&4 now though.

And since Arqiva maintains them all, we could be seeing more on multiple other multiplexes. Though I shudder at the possible picture quality implications.
Old 26-02-2020, 18:11   #12
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
I know they do. My point was that Create & Craft just used that apparent new stream, so ITV have decided not to use it.

Wouldn't be surprised to see another channel crammed into D3&4 now though.

And since Arqiva maintains them all, we could be seeing more on multiple other multiplexes. Though I shudder at the possible picture quality implications.
Due to Create and Craft moving to SDN we are now likely to see an new "Adult Channel" launching using C&C stream over night.
Old 26-02-2020, 18:26   #13
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

RXTVLog have confirmed the 18th stream.
https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/02/new-...rd-broken.html
Old 26-02-2020, 23:26   #14
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Digital Bit Rate is reporting that COM4 has got 2.0 Mp/s free on "PID null" But Channels are running at time of posting up to 1.8 Mp/s so that make room for an 19th stream to launch.

Info down at Bitrate graph on the following link.

Old 27-02-2020, 00:35   #15
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Digital Bit Rate is reporting that COM4 has got 2.0 Mp/s free on "PID null" But Channels are running at time of posting up to 1.8 Mp/s so that make room for an 19th stream to launch.

Info down at Bitrate graph on the following link.

That could just be that Hochanda was off-air at the time of the last scan. It's only on 12 hours a day after all.