Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price rises this year.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Price rises this year.

Old 01-03-2023, 19:03   #361
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Price rises this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossbow1956 View Post
Think before you jump ship to another ISP because all the ISP companies are going to increase there prices . my contract ends in July so i will ring them & haggle for a new deal but if i am not happy with what is on offer then it is time to consider moving on after 15+ years with virgin media .
Thing other isps have competition in the market and once on FTTP or FTTC you can be a new customer every contract and have all the benefits offered. For example if you go through a certain comparison site you can get the best price BT offer and £100 prepaid card. Imagine deals like that every contract just to swap out a router
Old 01-03-2023, 20:41   #362
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Question.

I'm on a discounted contract until January 24 an agent has told me adding Sky Sports UHD would start a new contract, is this true?
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 20:49   #363
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

Hi Gavin,
I added Sky Sports UHD and it didn't start a new contract.

As far as I'm aware, it's treat the same as adding the Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD pick.

30 days’ notice is required to remove Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD pick, or any other additional picks.
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 20:51   #364
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
Hi Gavin,
I added Sky Sports UHD and it didn't start a new contract.

As far as I'm aware, it's treat the same as adding the Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD pick.

30 days’ notice is required to remove Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD pick, or any other additional picks.

That's what I thought, maybe I was given duff info, but I don't know for sure.
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 21:09   #365
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
That's what I thought, maybe I was given duff info, but I don't know for sure.
Ring again and ask to speak to an adult, or someone in the UK. (Even better go to the actual sporting event and see it in the highest definition possible )
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 22:58   #366
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossbow1956 View Post
Think before you jump ship to another ISP because all the ISP companies are going to increase there prices . my contract ends in July so i will ring them & haggle for a new deal but if i am not happy with what is on offer then it is time to consider moving on after 15+ years with virgin media .
Yep but I’m taking this opportunity to ditch a lot of the packages I no longer need, now, rather than in 6 months.
oxfordmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 23:42   #367
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
They do however record calls, which is handy if ever you ever go down the complaint route. I'm sure you never would Richard

I seem to have exchanged Full House for Maxit in my latest deal; v little difference apart from a few children's channels. No issue for me, but it may be for some and the difference should have been explained.

I guess the guys on retentions are on a bonus for the amount of punters they retain/sign up. Crap job, but blame the system/company, not the poor sods manning the lines trying to earn a crust.
I complained about being lied to, but the recording was "Not available".

However., they gave me some personal picks for free by way of an apology, which I doubt they'd have done if they didn't have proof that I was lied to.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 07:53   #368
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Or stick with one that doesn't rise prices during your contact
My wife has GiffGaff, £10/m. No rise. I don’t know why my Three charge is only going up by 4.5% but I’m not going to rattle that cage!

---------- Post added at 07:53 ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 ----------

Quote:
(Even better go to the actual sporting event and see it in the highest definition possible )
From a far greater distance than you’d watch your TV though!
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 13:42   #369
mike86
cf.addict

mike86 is on a distinguished roadmike86 is on a distinguished road

I haven't had an email yet. My new contract started on 3rd December, do the price rises apply to me?
mike86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 13:51   #370
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike86 View Post
I haven't had an email yet. My new contract started on 3rd December, do the price rises apply to me?
Keep an eye on the post, a few of us here have been informed via snail mail instead.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 15:31   #371
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

£21 on the Virgin element of my Ultimate Volt package. From the end of my contract later this year.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 15:35   #372
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
£21 on the Virgin element of my Ultimate Volt package. From the end of my contract later this year.
My contract ends June 14, so I'm expecting my notification to say a £21 increase on my Ultimate Volt from either May 1 or June 14. Either way, I'm cancelling. I wonder what VM's "churn" numbers are going to look like for 2023?
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 16:58   #373
Dingbat
cf.member

Dingbat has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
My wife has GiffGaff, £10/m. No rise. I don’t know why my Three charge is only going up by 4.5% but I’m not going to rattle that cage!

---------- Post added at 07:53 ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 ----------

I got an email from VM telling me my wife’s SIM-only mobile contract (1gb data + unlimited mins & texts) was going up from £7.93 to over eight quid.

Two days later, got a letter from them offering 5gb data, plus unlimited mins/texts, for £6 on a 30-day contract.

No-brainer!
Dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 18:08   #374
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Ring again and ask to speak to an adult, or someone in the UK. (Even better go to the actual sporting event and see it in the highest definition possible )
Lol, or ring the local water company. They will probably have more of an idea about the anawer to the question

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

Earlier today one of my carers phoned them after she mentioned her bill was going ip from £31 to £40.

She is on 100 BB and the lowest TV & phone.

The first giy saying she could have the same services for £42 and then £39 after the price increase.vvHe then passed her onto someone else who messed her about (saying her password was wrong, asking other questions, her giving them and then being put on hold as he thought thst she had gone away to find tje infirmation)she was offered the existing price of £31 until the end of her contract.

She will review matters then.

It looks to me like they're basically trying it om with those daft enough (or vulnerable enough) to pay a lot more and rolling over if these price rises are challenged.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 18:44   #375
anm12
cf.member

anm12 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had email saying package was going up by £21.50 per month even though still in contract spoke to them and they have added £21.50 discount immediatley so going to be cheaper for a couple of months
anm12 is offline   Reply With Quote