Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price rises this year.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Price rises this year.

Old 20-02-2023, 13:53   #241
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Price rises this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
No letter here yet, but even when we get it, we have no fibre options available here - I can get "up to" 76Mb/s from alternative suppliers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Thanks but when I type my postcode into the suppliers listed none of them offer fibre except Virgin
I get this when I check Openreach (so not even "up to" 76Mb/s)

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E4A435E7-61C7-4A4B-83E0-8EC56874EF1D.jpeg (50.7 KB, 217 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-02-2023, 14:08   #242
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazCBG View Post
This is the full package, just checked on vm site.

Broadband: M350 Fibre Broadband
TV: Maxit TV
Phone: Talk More Anytime

But new customers can get it for around £84 on 18 month contract, then £116
The trick is to call Retentions towards the end of your contract and (politely) insist you can’t afford it and ask what they can offer or you’ll go elsewhere. It can take a couple of calls but normally works. You can do it now by exercising your right to cancel

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I get this when I check Openreach (so not even "up to" 76Mb/s)

I get 55-80 for London SE10
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2023, 17:27   #243
Jacquesb
cf.addict

Services: VM phone , 2xV6 (Full house XL), ViViD200 Optical fibre BB. Stream - Netflix, iPlayer,
Jacquesb is an unknown quantity at this point

Just used the WhatsApp service to add a channel (ViaPlay for Scottish football !). Very responsive, change effected in 16 minutes; they were a bit pushy in offering me Sky UHD channels for the "fantastic" price of £7 per month, which I managed manfully, to resist.

They also asked to "review my contract" but since it's not due to finish until June, I managed to avoid that as well.
Old 20-02-2023, 17:38   #244
nialli
cf.geek

nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquesb View Post
Just used the WhatsApp service to add a channel (ViaPlay for Scottish football !). Very responsive, change effected in 16 minutes; they were a bit pushy in offering me Sky UHD channels for the "fantastic" price of £7 per month, which I managed manfully, to resist.

They also asked to "review my contract" but since it's not due to finish until June, I managed to avoid that as well.
How do you contact them on WhatsApp?
Old 20-02-2023, 17:51   #245
Jacquesb
cf.addict

Services: VM phone , 2xV6 (Full house XL), ViViD200 Optical fibre BB. Stream - Netflix, iPlayer,
Jacquesb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi nialli - their number is 07305.327112.
Old 20-02-2023, 18:06   #246
nialli
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquesb View Post
Hi nialli - their number is 07305.327112.
Thanks. Wasn’t sure if that was the right one. Interesting that there are a few posts suggesting people are getting decent deals
Old 21-02-2023, 08:24   #247
noel43
cf.addict

Services: Tivo. XL (tv) L (bb)
noel43 is just really nicenoel43 is just really nicenoel43 is just really nicenoel43 is just really nicenoel43 is just really nicenoel43 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
The trick is to call Retentions towards the end of your contract and (politely) insist you can’t afford it and ask what they can offer or you’ll go elsewhere. It can take a couple of calls but normally works. You can do it now by exercising your right to cancel

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

I get 55-80 for London SE10

Did the same, my deal went from 97.25 to 66.50 including sky and by sports.
noel43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2023, 10:25   #248
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazCBG View Post
This is the full package, just checked on vm site.

Broadband: M350 Fibre Broadband
TV: Maxit TV
Phone: Talk More Anytime

But new customers can get it for around £84 on 18 month contract, then £116
Just to show how bad a deal this is
I pay 3 pounds more than you
and have the top volt package

1000 Broadband
3 V6 boxes
all the channels including sky sports and cinema
Bt Sport
Sky sports UHD
one o2 unlimited sim

you should be paying £40-£50 pounds for what you get
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
TMLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2023, 14:35   #249
nialli
cf.geek

Are people getting their notifications of price rises on their billing date?
Old 21-02-2023, 15:06   #250
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

My last billing date was on the 9th February and l did not get any notification of any price rise.
Old 21-02-2023, 16:56   #251
Aye Up
Barking up the wrong tree

Services: VM Gig1
Aye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enough

Got email about £7 rise.....rang them up to cancel. They've put an equivalent credit on the account to cancel out the rise till my contract ends in July this year. all being well Openreach and Cityfibre will have rolled out to my street by then.
Aye Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2023, 22:10   #252
nialli
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aye Up View Post
Got email about £7 rise.....rang them up to cancel. They've put an equivalent credit on the account to cancel out the rise till my contract ends in July this year.
VM starting to sound a bit desperate to stop the haemorrhaging of customers
Old 22-02-2023, 08:12   #253
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter729 View Post
There seems little point in entering into a 18\24 month contract when there's no surety to be gained from it.
Surely, if you go for an 18 month deal which gives you a worthwhile discount, then there is, say, a 6% increase, it's still worth it because the no deal option goes up by that amount as well.

However, I do think Ofcom should stipulate that any price rises mid-contract should permit people to leave at that point if they wish.
Old 22-02-2023, 08:21   #254
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Surely, if you go for an 18 month deal which gives you a worthwhile discount, then there is, say, a 6% increase, it's still worth it because the no deal option goes up by that amount as well.

However, I do think Ofcom should stipulate that any price rises mid-contract should permit people to leave at that point if they wish.
I agree. It just seems wrong to say your price will go up by an unknown amount and you've got no choice but to suck it up.

I think the best option is to agree the price and stick to it for the duration of the contract. If companies can't estimate their costs 18 month in the future then the simple answer is don't offer 18 month contracts.

Could you imagine the uproar if the price of your house or car insurance increased in price mid contract?
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2023, 09:04   #255
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

It is the commitment to a “financial unknown” that is the issue, if the prices were reasonable then why not simply have a rolling monthly contact where each party only has a months commitment to each other! The changes to the Virgin contract serve Virgin not the customer.
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote