Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 29-07-2014, 19:42   #166
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Thanks joglynne I do hope so.
Old 29-07-2014, 20:11   #167
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
My dr's you cannot book appointments to see one now, they have to phone you back after surgery, which is anytime after 6 to see if you need to see him.
Whereas my doctors will allow you to book appointments online. Rather bizarrely, you have to write to them for permission to use the system.

My moans. Tourists, pupils and trains..

Sadly, working in a busy tourist town, I get to see a lot of tourists and pupils. Most of the time, neither bother me but I've dealt with both every day for the last couple of weeks.

My problem with pupils is simply that schools, presumably in an attempt to cut costs, often send out pupils in large groups (I've seen up to 100) with a couple of teachers. I don't even have a problem with that. It's just that the teachers seem to work hard to find a place for the pupils to group up that causes the maximum disruption for other people. They block pavements, stairs, escalators, pedestrian cross, and anything else they can. Today, I had to fight to get down the stairs to my station, then, when I needed to change to the overground train, another group of pupils had blocked the one entrance to my platform that was open.

I'm sure that they don't, but I've had to fight to get past large groups at least twice a day for the last two weeks. BTW, these are both language schools, and don't seem to follow the normal term start/end dates.

Tourists tend to do the same thing.

Why bring trains into it? Well, my evening train is normally crowded, which is bad enough, but today it was so crowded that no one even had room to breath. The man standing behind me seemed unable to hold on to the rail. Well, he'd have had to put down either his briefcase or book to do so, and he seemed unable to do either. So, every time the train moved even slightly he went flying into the nearest commuter, usually me. I had to hold on for dear life to stop myself crushing the woman in front of me, and the extra weight really wasn't helping. Of course, South Eastern being the charming, customer focused company they are, said absolutely nothing about any earlier problems that might have caused (IMO) dangerous levels of overcrowding. In fact, beyond the normal automated train announcements, they actually said nothing.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2014, 20:25   #168
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

We have an open surgery in the morning and you are always attended too if you are there before half past eleven. The afternoon is for appointments only. It works very well. It is a one Doctor practise, which is good for patient and doctor.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2014, 23:58   #169
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

I remember when I was younger that is the way my Doctors worked only difference it was not a one Doctors practice. I do sometimes wonder why did they change something that works just fine, if it ain't broke I say don't fix it. Nashville I wish my GP practice still worked like your's.

My moan now is that hubby or the boy's have found my Frys peppermint cream chocolate bar that I thought I had hid really well from prying eyes.
Old 30-07-2014, 00:05   #170
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Hope you find the Frys
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 00:09   #171
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Sadly it's long gone found the wrapper in Steven's bedroom, no pieces for him at work tomorrow.
Old 30-07-2014, 15:00   #172
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Charcot foot again and I thought I was doing better - back in two bloody casts for months again
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2014, 15:17   #173
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l am sorry to hear about your health travails again dilli and l do hope things improve soon for you.
Old 30-07-2014, 15:33   #174
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
Charcot foot again and I thought I was doing better - back in two bloody casts for months again
That's rotten dilli, sorry to hear that you are in casts again
Old 30-07-2014, 17:57   #175
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

That's bad news dilli. <<hugs>>
Old 04-08-2014, 11:02   #176
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Companies with slow websites..

I'm trying to install the latest version of the software we use to manage our cameras. The software is downloading at about 140kbps, and it's a 130 meg file.

I wouldn't mind, but we paid about 40,000 euros for each camera, you'd think they could afford decent web hosting, especially as the first thing they usually tell you to do when you call them for support is download the latest software from their website.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 00:43   #177
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Spinal Tap were rehearsing in the next room to us again tonight. Can your backline be any louder and can your singer possibly be any worse, droning endless, crap Judas Priest covers.

Need to find somewhere else... this is really getting on my wick, it's nearly every week now no matter what night we practice.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 13:01   #178
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

(A constructive moan)...Cable Forum for some time now seems way too quiet. I hope something can be done about it. The appeal and it's use seems a bit lost.

I couldn't find the thread about the changes that were proposed, but I haven't noticed anything to come out of it.

I thought it must be worth a mention.
Old 05-08-2014, 22:15   #179
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

I have had a splitting sore head since about 9pm, I have took 2 Panadol Advance and they still have not kicked in
Old 05-08-2014, 22:36   #180
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28660536

Thanks for the advanced warning, Ricky Gervais is so unfunny I'd rather watch a Justin Bieber concert