Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 18-07-2014, 15:46   #136
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Thanks everybody as all is fine and well now as we had a new tyre fitted a couple of hours ago and the lady of the house is now giving me my orders again.
Old 18-07-2014, 18:20   #137
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Glad everthing worked out OK Den. But a caution: Everytime you bump up over a kerb parking or graunch the alloys or down into a pot hole is just another increased risk of a high speed blowout.
Old 18-07-2014, 18:35   #138
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Glad everthing worked out OK Den. But a caution: Everytime you bump up over a kerb parking or graunch the alloys or down into a pot hole is just another increased risk of a high speed blowout.
My partner is a very safe driver and trys to avoid all these things heero at all costs and the culprit today is a very sharp nail which obviously has come in contact with the tyre and sadly has caused the severe damage to the tyre.
Old 18-07-2014, 18:59   #139
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
My partner is a very safe driver and trys to avoid all these things heero at all costs and the culprit today is a very sharp nail which obviously has come in contact with the tyre and sadly has caused the severe damage to the tyre.
Glad to hear it was just an unlucky chance. I cringe when I see people abusing their tyres oblivious to the fact that they're storing up trouble for later.
Old 18-07-2014, 19:05   #140
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Glad to hear it was just an unlucky chance. I cringe when I see people abusing their tyres oblivious to the fact that they're storing up trouble for later.
Indeed there are as many bad drivers as there are good drivers in my book.
Old 18-07-2014, 19:57   #141
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Its gone really dark from out to sea. I think we're about to get some more storms. Even the seagulls have vanished. they were making a racket over the flying ants that are everywhere. Yep distant thunder now.

Eek, big lightening!
Old 18-07-2014, 20:18   #142
dave6x
Inactive

Services: VM BBL 3Mb> 10Mb> 20Mb> 30Mb> 50Mb> 70Mb
dave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Its gone really dark from out to sea. I think we're about to get some more storms. Even the seagulls have vanished. they were making a racket over the flying ants that are everywhere. Yep distant thunder now.

Eek, big lightening!
Hmmm might be coming this way then!

At the height of the storm here last night, about 12:30am, there was a terrific flash an almighty crash of thunder and my desktop PC shutdown. When I rebooted it the network interface card was cooked, luckily seems to be the only damage so now running temporarily on a spare wireless adaptor!
dave6x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2014, 22:43   #143
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Just had a bit of sheet lighting, no thunder and a tiny little spot of rain. Then just as I was about to close the curtains, I saw my first ever forked lightning. 29 years old and had never seen forked lightning myself. Only pictures, but nothing compared to seeing it yourself.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2014, 10:00   #144
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6x View Post
Hmmm might be coming this way then!

At the height of the storm here last night, about 12:30am, there was a terrific flash an almighty crash of thunder and my desktop PC shutdown. When I rebooted it the network interface card was cooked, luckily seems to be the only damage so now running temporarily on a spare wireless adaptor!
If you get a ground strike it can shift the earth potential up hundreds of volts locally. This creates surges in any wiring in the vicinity, somewhat like an EMP event, you don't even need to get struck to be subject to shocks and for electronics to get fried.
Old 19-07-2014, 19:20   #145
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Another big storm coming in from the channel. Getting very dark now and no birds whatsoever. Distant thunder.

Taken the main PC's off-line as a precaution. They're on a surge arrester block as are the interfaces but better not to chance it.
Old 19-07-2014, 19:44   #146
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Wish it was pouring with rain here.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2014, 19:50   #147
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Wish it was pouring with rain here.
Well they're heading North so you might be in the firing line.

Still think I'll pop the air-con on in the bedroom and get it chilled down for later.
Old 19-07-2014, 20:43   #148
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I have apparently slept through thunderstorms on Friday & Saturday morning.
Old 19-07-2014, 20:46   #149
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

My TARDIS mug just bought the farm - nooooooooooooo
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2014, 15:16   #150
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Train delayed due to signal errors and then after waiting ages a new alert over the speakers saying trains are now delayed due to a train hitting someone. Dont remember hearing such a blunt tannoy announcement before.

Annoying as I walked past some bus stops on the way to the station and now imon a replacement bus service going the same way

South-west trains Wimbledon to dorking screwed at the moment if anyone expecting to use them
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote