Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 12-07-2013, 21:27   #6811
PISCES
Permanently Banned

Services: VIRGIN MOBILE, AOL BROADBAND, BT LINE, SKY TV WORLD PACKAGE
PISCES has ruffled too many feathersPISCES has ruffled too many feathersPISCES has ruffled too many feathersPISCES has ruffled too many feathersPISCES has ruffled too many feathersPISCES has ruffled too many feathers
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

PISCES is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2013, 22:25   #6812
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Just finished work, and now i have 3 weeks holiday!!! Happy days
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 23:15   #6813
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
We went to the Bluebell railway today with our family and had a wonderful day.
That's brought back happy and sad memories for me. My late wife booked a Santa Special trip on the Bluebell Railway for us and the kids the day before she died. At first I thought it'd be too painful to go but I decided not to cancel it and 8 weeks later, the excitement on my eldest's face when he went on the train was priceless. I'm so glad we went and I was able to tell him it was treat from a special mum for an equally special boy.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 23:26   #6814
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I won't advocate violence. But watching Gavin Henson getting knocked out with a single punch is a joy to behold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ4UxiS9Spo

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2013, 06:51   #6815
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
That's brought back happy and sad memories for me. My late wife booked a Santa Special trip on the Bluebell Railway for us and the kids the day before she died. At first I thought it'd be too painful to go but I decided not to cancel it and 8 weeks later, the excitement on my eldest's face when he went on the train was priceless. I'm so glad we went and I was able to tell him it was treat from a special mum for an equally special boy.
Your late wife was obviously a very special lady and the memories will always be there of her and l can just imagine the smile on your eldest's face when he went on to the train and to tell him it was a treat from a very special mum to a equally special boy.
Old 13-07-2013, 08:10   #6816
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I won't advocate violence. But watching Gavin Henson getting knocked out with a single punch is a joy to behold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ4UxiS9Spo
Yes, there is something about Gavin that makes me want to thump him as well. There are quite a few like that, you take one look at their face and get this uncontrollable urge to want to reach through the screen and smack them in the gob. Or is that just me?
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2013, 10:45   #6817
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Another happy thought, after a year of what seemed like endless treatments and reports Mrs Osem has passed her reflexology exam. She'll have to wait for a month or two for the actual grade but is rightly proud of herself and hugely relieved. So now I have a qualified massage therapist, reflexologist and budding karate practitioner on my hands...

Old 13-07-2013, 10:51   #6818
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Another happy thought, after a year of what seemed like endless treatments and reports Mrs Osem has passed her reflexology exam. She'll have to wait for a month or two for the actual grade but is rightly proud of herself and hugely relieved. So now I have a qualified massage therapist, reflexologist and budding karate practitioner on my hands...

You have a family you can be rightly proud of Osem.
Old 13-07-2013, 11:13   #6819
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
You kept that quiet. Not sure what to say.
Old 13-07-2013, 21:58   #6820
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You have a family you can be rightly proud of Osem.
Thanks Den, I am.

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
You kept that quiet. Not sure what to say.
Sorry, no need to say anything.

Den's post simply brought back a very precious memory. Maybe I should have been a bit clearer. My first wife died very suddenly, out of the blue, when our kids were very young. It was a special treat she just happened to book for them the day before she died. In fact in all the turmoil at the time, I completely forgot about the trip until the tickets were delivered a couple of weeks later. Our youngest was too young to understand what had happened but, happily, Osem Jnr. was able to see the trip as a special goodbye from his mum who'd kissed him goodnight one evening but had 'gone to heaven' by the time he woke up the next day.
Old 14-07-2013, 00:26   #6821
PISCES
Permanently Banned

PISCES has ruffled too many feathersPISCES has ruffled too many feathersPISCES has ruffled too many feathersPISCES has ruffled too many feathersPISCES has ruffled too many feathersPISCES has ruffled too many feathers

Seeing my cousin Jamie become world boxing champion, knowing that he beat a champ from Mexico who said he could not be beaten is my happy thought
Old 14-07-2013, 01:09   #6822
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PISCES View Post
Seeing my cousin Jamie become world boxing champion, knowing that he beat a champ from Mexico who said he could not be beaten is my happy thought
that will be Jamie McDonnell then? he won that in May though?
Old 14-07-2013, 01:16   #6823
PISCES
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
that will be Jamie McDonnell then? he won that in May though?
Yes 11th May, it a happy thought
Old 14-07-2013, 10:22   #6824
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

More power to Mrs O, quite some achievement

Quote:

Den's post simply brought back a very precious memory. Maybe I should have been a bit clearer. My first wife died very suddenly, out of the blue, when our kids were very young. It was a special treat she just happened to book for them the day before she died. In fact in all the turmoil at the time, I completely forgot about the trip until the tickets were delivered a couple of weeks later. Our youngest was too young to understand what had happened but, happily, Osem Jnr. was able to see the trip as a special goodbye from his mum who'd kissed him goodnight one evening but had 'gone to heaven' by the time he woke up the next day.
Made me cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PISCES View Post
Bravo Pisces, well done your cousin!

My happy thought, I will be celebrating a very special birthday on Tuesday, some of you will probably guess which one. So me and Mr Tink are off for a little 4 day break to the north coast of Cornwall.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2013, 13:08   #6825
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I'm back home again.which is a good thing as the time was not all that good.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote